Trophy Thoughts?

14 hours ago, Klart said:

Loooks like Ratalaika is not going to make their games PS4/PS5 cross-buy like 10Tons does, but is instead making some artificial "ultimate editions" to avoid cross-buy.

This is right ... theres nothing extra or ultimate about the game , same game , better graphics ... 

Edited by MUYBUENO

2 hours ago, Klart said:

Loooks like Ratalaika is not going to make their games PS4/PS5 cross-buy like 10Tons does, but is instead making some artificial "ultimate editions" to avoid cross-buy.

I'm pretty sure Concept Destruction was cross buy. This release has a mostly new trophy list compared to the previous PS4/Vita version.

With Ratalaika dropping Vita support, hopefully future releases are PS4/5 cross buy.

9 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm pretty sure Concept Destruction was cross buy. This release has a mostly new trophy list compared to the previous PS4/Vita version.

With Ratalaika dropping Vita support, hopefully future releases are PS4/5 cross buy.

Concept Destruction (PS5) was only Cross-Buy in 1 region (the US I think) and you had to buy the other two again on the PS5. I just hope this new PS5 version of Twin Robots has fixed trophies that aren't buggy as hell like the original releases were.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Concept Destruction (PS5) was only Cross-Buy in 1 region (the US I think) and you had to buy the other two again on the PS5. I just hope this new PS5 version of Twin Robots has fixed trophies that aren't buggy as hell like the original releases were.

I thought it was only the AS region where the cross buy didn't work for Concept. I'm sure EU and NA were free.

You are correct on the buggy trophies. The Vita and PS4 releases were a mess. Given this is basically a different list, hopefully they work this time.

And, as a bonus all the timed trophies in this new list will be useful for us to use for a certain event, won't they T? ?

A bit of incorrect info here...

Concept Destruction was cross-gen in EU and NA, allowing you to grab the PS5 version for free. Not sure about AS.

In regards to Twin Robots, it would have been free but this isn't the same game we already have on the PS4 - hence not a free upgrade.

We have: https://www.ratalaikagames.com/games/twinrobots.php
This is: https://www.ratalaikagames.com/games/twinrobotsue.php

What’s New:
New levels with new 3D backgrounds
New music
Improved physics & puzzles
Improved camera system

This is why it isn't free, it's the 'improved' version which came out on the Xbox One and the Switch AFTER the PS4, Vita and Wii U. It contains new levels and modified gameplay. 

So yeah, if it's a like-for-like release, it'll be free like Concept was. If it's a modified version or one with added DLC (Just like Tesla vs Lovecraft) then it won't be free as it's technically a new game with different content.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I thought it was only the AS region where the cross buy didn't work for Concept. I'm sure EU and NA were free.

You are correct on the buggy trophies. The Vita and PS4 releases were a mess. Given this is basically a different list, hopefully they work this time.

And, as a bonus all the timed trophies in this new list will be useful for us to use for a certain event, won't they T? 1f61c.png

It's one of the lists at any rate that was cross-buy, I just don't remember which one :).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I almost bought this version but I had read about the buggy trophies in the PS4 version. If it is better on PS5 I may get it.

I guess the trophy guide from the PS4 version that has been linked to this is pointless since this is a new trophy list. Who can remove it from the PS5 version? @DaivRules do you know?

@Beyondthegrave07 Anything you can help out with?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

@Beyondthegrave07 Anything you can help out with?

I can, but I would need to unlink it with the PS4 versions of the game.

I don't think that'll be a big deal since it's not necessarily a "stack." But I'm going to check with the other GIT members before I do it.

EDIT: @snakebit10, it's fixed! Thanks for pointing it out to us.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I can, but I would need to unlink it with the PS4 versions of the game.

I don't think that'll be a big deal since it's not necessarily a "stack." But I'm going to check with the other GIT members before I do it.

EDIT: @snakebit10, it's fixed! Thanks for pointing it out to us.

You are welcome.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 8:56 AM, diskdocx said:

And, as a bonus all the timed trophies in this new list will be useful for us to use for a certain event, won't they T? 1f61c.png

I noticed you played this, did all trophies unlock like they were suppose to. I haven't bought it because I knew PS4 version had issues with trophies.

21 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I noticed you played this, did all trophies unlock like they were suppose to. I haven't bought it because I knew PS4 version had issues with trophies.

I had no issues with this one. Everything unlocked properly. The only one that 'didn't' was level 2 with only 2 jumps - I had to replay that. I'm not sure that it glitched though. When you jump on a platform and grab the edge, then pull yourself up - I think it counts pulling up as a second jump. The first time I jumped twice and pulled up twice and got no trophy. Second time I only did one jump/pull and it popped. So that is probably not a glitch. Other than that one, everything worked just fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

I had no issues with this one. Everything unlocked properly. The only one that 'didn't' was level 2 with only 2 jumps - I had to replay that. I'm not sure that it glitched though. When you jump on a platform and grab the edge, then pull yourself up - I think it counts pulling up as a second jump. The first time I jumped twice and pulled up twice and got no trophy. Second time I only did one jump/pull and it popped. So that is probably not a glitch. Other than that one, everything worked just fine.

Okay, Thanks! I may give it a play then.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

Okay, Thanks! I may give it a play then.

I actually think it’s also a bit shorter and easier than the PS4 version - you only have to get to level 22, not complete all the levels, and only need 16 batteries. I’m pretty sure the original release needed you to do all levels and I think most of the batteries.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, diskdocx said:

I actually think it’s also a bit shorter and easier than the PS4 version - you only have to get to level 22, not complete all the levels, and only need 16 batteries. I’m pretty sure the original release needed you to do all levels and I think most of the batteries.

Good info, thanks!