Shadow_Xros

Ex-Hard mode on Batting can frig off.

9 posts in this topic

I have been trying this for 4 hours now. It's not the aiming, it's the timing on one specific ball. The sinker, or as I call it the stinker. I cannot hit this ball, if I do it hit, it's random and not consistent at all.

Whoever at the dev team though including ex-hard in completion, is sadist, because this is complete garbage.

I'm about to say frig it and give up on getting the plat on this once I finish the story because I have no desire to keep at this batting bullshit all because of one ball throw type.

When I did this challenge on ex hard. I used some scotch tape as replacement of the gunsight to aim at panel board. Select a difficulty to set the scotch tape on your monitor and play it on ex hard, I did it on the first try. 😀

I turned the sound off while doing this. I found the biggest thing messing me up was swinging based on the sound. If you turn the sound off, just wait for the windup, then watch for Kiryu to stop moving. That's when it's time to swing.

I do the watch Kiryu thing, it doesn't always work for the sinkers. As I said it seems that watching him works maybe 50% of the time with the sinkers. Honestly, this one minigame may be the reason I don't get the plat. Whoever designed this needs to be forced to get the 1800 repeatedly for 24 hours straight with no breaks at all.

Do the tape thing. And also, dont forget to put your TV into gaming mode! that helped me a lot! even a tiny fraction of time may save your ass here, since like you said, the sinkers and 140km/h balls are fast as hell and you need to react quick. keep on trying a couple of times every day. eventually you should get it.. 

The tape trick works amazingly.

The Sinker is a real Nishki but I got used to it. I actually got 2250 or something like that on my last attempt.

Agree with the tape suggestions, sinker is tricky and I averaged about 50% of the time in hitting it, Kiryu tensing up is the key, as soon as he stops (as someone else noted) hit the button. Just keep at it, you'll get there.

Edited by Artty44

Alternatively,  I used a usb cable (or any cable) to hang on the TV and carefully line up the target using the end of the cable.  Took me a few tries to pass this course with this method.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:42 PM, Wagszilla said:

The tape trick works amazingly.

The Sinker is a real Nishki but I got used to it. I actually got 2250 or something like that on my last attempt.

I am now going to start using Nishki in my day to day vocabulary.