Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

3 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

In this case it's meaning the game with the highest plat rarity.  For some that might actually be a common rarity.  For someone like me, it's God of War which is at about 19%.  Thus my crack about starting something else more common because God of War PS3 isn't an easy plat.  Though with that idea your comment about systems and games people don't own also would apply.

As far as the other part, it could be allowed to filter by platform to filter out platforms they don't own and also to remove unobtainables and unowned games.  Unobtainables hopefully shouldn't show on the first page of the trophy advisor for many since they tend to have low rarity if they were ever obtainable.  I think overall if we run with these challenges they should be doable for everyone even if it means ruling out a game or platform.

I was thinking the same,  to add that stipulation. That if a a game is unobtainable that just refer to the next game down on the list. 

my initial thought was to add another rule that only games added to your played backlog in 2021 or before that would count for points. I worry that is too restrictive for some though. Another option would be it has to be started in the previous month to count. So if I use the same example as before, start it before month end. If points are something people want.

6 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

wow like that! And you can do them any time you want if I understood you correctly? It 's add a nice competitive element to it.

correct pick which ever goals you want to set for each month. I think I will rotate around and choose two or three and keep it like that. 

2 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

I like the challenges but will not be able to add them to my stat generation :P Do think this would add some more fun to the event though! :]

I think so too, and as for tracking it. I can easily make a sheet to do it. Wouldn't take much out of my day to keep it current. 

• Like 2

On 13/12/2021 at 11:21 AM, Pauloxzak said:

Update #29:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 54.83% (+0.03 from last update ~ +5.83% from start)

Target rate: 60%

This past week:

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 97% ATM (+0%) I advanced the storyline and am basically halfway the playthrough, this is the point where it gets harder again, near the undead king

Final Fantasy XIV - PS5 - 65% ATM (+0%) I feel like something is wrong here with my % cause I did earn a trophy xD I could advance well into the storyline and also was able to max one job with the help of levequests, which gives me some advantages

Genshin Impact - PS5 / PS4 - 35% ATM (+3%) Was able to finish some quests finally and ended up finally reaching lv8 in mondstadt which gave me a trophy.

No progres this past week:

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 27% ATM

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition - PS4 - 14% ATM

Far Cry 2 - PS3 - 18% ATM

Concrete Genie - PS4 - 95% ATM - Need a PSVR to complete this

Muramasa Rebirth - VITA - 21% ATM

Limbo - VITA - 4% ATM

Guacamelee! 2 - PS4 - 9% ATM

Completed this past week:

-

Completed games during the event:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - PS4
  2. Paint Park Plus - VITA
  3. Wake-up Club - VITA
  4. MediEvil - PS4
  5. God of War - PS4
  6. Until Dawn - PS4
  7. Sumioni: Demon Arts - VITA
  8. Flower - PS4
  9. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - VITA
  10. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4
  11. Flower - VITA
  12. Mirror's Edge Catalyst - PS4
  13. Astro's Playroom - PS5
  14. inFamous: Festival of Blood - PS3
  15. Maquette - PS5
  16. Rock of Ages - PS3
  17. Treasures of Montezuma Blitz - VITA
  18. Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations - PS4
  19. Contrast - PS4
  20. God of War: Ascension - PS3
  21. DJMAX Technika Tune - VITA
  22. Chronovolt - VITA
  23. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - PS3
  24. Flow - PS3
  25. Desert Ashes - VITA
  26. Final Fantasy VII Remake - PS5
  27. Shatter - PS3
  28. Resogun - PS4
  29. WWE 2K Battlegrounds - PS4
  30. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - PS4
  31. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered - PS4
  32. Abzû - PS4

Update #30:

Current completion rate : 54.90% (+0.07 from last update ~ +5.90% from start)

One day late but here I am, this week was basically progress on Natural Doctrine since I couldn't get into FFXIV due to the queues

This past week:

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 97% ATM (+0%) I'm almost at the end now, after getting used to the system the hardest part is definitely the stages leading to the undead king, he is opitional but beating him is totally worth it in terms or equipaments received, makes the following stages way easier, can't wait to plat it

Guacamelee! 2 - PS4 - 18% ATM (+9%) Played some more with my family, I guess we are a little bit past half game in terms of storyline

Persona 4 Golden - VITA - 70% ATM (+3%) I went ahead and started P4G and luckly my first save was synced to psplus, so I went directly to NG+ which is required for plat, I got 1 trophy before starting the playthrough which is for playing the quiz mini-game, that was so damn fun, what a great game

Genshin Impact - PS5 / PS4 - 35% ATM

Final Fantasy XIV - PS5 - 65% ATM

Limbo - VITA - 4% ATM

-

Spoiler
  3. Wake-up Club - VITA
  4. MediEvil - PS4
  5. God of War - PS4
  6. Until Dawn - PS4
  8. Flower - PS4
  11. Flower - VITA
  15. Maquette - PS5
  16. Rock of Ages - PS3
  19. Contrast - PS4
  22. Chronovolt - VITA
  24. Flow - PS3
  25. Desert Ashes - VITA
  27. Shatter - PS3
  28. Resogun - PS4
  32. Abzû - PS4
  • Like 4

Update 9:  26th December

Starting Completion Percentage: 73.78%

Previous Update Completion Percentage: 81.76

Current Completion Percentage: 82.44% (+8.66% from start) 

Its's been 4 months since my last update as in all honesty there hasn't been a lot to say, I've slowly cleaned up a few games that I had time for but I havent really done too much. 

Since my last update I managed to platinum:

- Undertale

- Celeste

- Crash Bandicoot: Warped 

- COD: Vanguard

- RE: Village 

- Dying Light

- Farcry 3

I was hoping to reach 83.78% (10% increase) by the end of the year and was well on track to do so with being at around 83% come the start of December. However, Dauntless released that huge patch which set me back a fair bit and so I knew that I wouldn't reach my 10% goal because of it. I decided to just start FIFA 22 as well and forget about my goal.

Realistically my completion percentage shouldn't change much at all for the last few days of the year as I want MHW: Iceborne to be my 150th plat and the only other game I am currently working on is Super Meat Boy. For Iceborne I only need 3 crowns (Both Lunastra and giant Scarred Yian Garuga) and I'll be finished, but god knows how long that will take and for Super Meat Boy I am trying to complete the Skyscraper warpzone with all bandages so that I can then focus on the iron man runs. I would like this to be a milestone plat and so once all iron man runs are done (if I ever become skilled enough to do them all) I'll be leaving a trophy to pop at a later date for a milestone. 

I would never have had the motivation to go back and clean up as much of my backlog this year if it wasn't for this event and seeing all the updates has helped push me even more. It's been great seeing how much people have done this year! Hope you all are having a good holiday and had a great year! 

Edited by JRushton09
  • Like 4

On 21/12/2021 at 11:41 AM, Pauloxzak said:

Update #30:

Current completion rate : 54.90% (+0.07 from last update ~ +5.90% from start)

One day late but here I am, this week was basically progress on Natural Doctrine since I couldn't get into FFXIV due to the queues

This past week:

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 97% ATM (+0%) I'm almost at the end now, after getting used to the system the hardest part is definitely the stages leading to the undead king, he is opitional but beating him is totally worth it in terms or equipaments received, makes the following stages way easier, can't wait to plat it

Guacamelee! 2 - PS4 - 18% ATM (+9%) Played some more with my family, I guess we are a little bit past half game in terms of storyline

Persona 4 Golden - VITA - 70% ATM (+3%) I went ahead and started P4G and luckly my first save was synced to psplus, so I went directly to NG+ which is required for plat, I got 1 trophy before starting the playthrough which is for playing the quiz mini-game, that was so damn fun, what a great game

Genshin Impact - PS5 / PS4 - 35% ATM

Final Fantasy XIV - PS5 - 65% ATM

Limbo - VITA - 4% ATM

-

Reveal hidden contents
  3. Wake-up Club - VITA
  4. MediEvil - PS4
  5. God of War - PS4
  6. Until Dawn - PS4
  8. Flower - PS4
  11. Flower - VITA
  15. Maquette - PS5
  16. Rock of Ages - PS3
  19. Contrast - PS4
  22. Chronovolt - VITA
  24. Flow - PS3
  25. Desert Ashes - VITA
  27. Shatter - PS3
  28. Resogun - PS4
  32. Abzû - PS4

Update #31:

Current completion rate : 55.12% (+0.22 from last update ~ +6.12% from start)

And here I am for the last update of the year! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone \o/  On this final week I could put a lot of progress on some games and ended up with a total progress of 6.12% for the year and a total of 33 games completed (with Natural Doctrine's plat this week), not my goal of 10% but I'm happy with it overall.

This past week:

Final Fantasy XIV - PS5 - 65% ATM (+0%) Got to play some more and get some lvls and also advance some story, no new trophies however

Guacamelee! 2 - PS4 - 46% ATM (+28%) Guess we are basically at the end of this game, we are currently doing the clean up on the maps, so I believe this will be my first plat of 2022

Genshin Impact - PS5 / PS4 - 38% ATM (+3%) Made some more progress on this one, got the first trophy for Liyue's chests and the second for lvl ups, I'm almost at the point where I'll focus solely on achieving the remaining trophies

Persona 4 Golden - VITA - 70% ATM

Limbo - VITA - 4% ATM

Natural Doctrine - PS4

Spoiler
  3. Wake-up Club - VITA
  4. MediEvil - PS4
  5. God of War - PS4
  6. Until Dawn - PS4
  8. Flower - PS4
  11. Flower - VITA
  15. Maquette - PS5
  16. Rock of Ages - PS3
  19. Contrast - PS4
  22. Chronovolt - VITA
  24. Flow - PS3
  25. Desert Ashes - VITA
  27. Shatter - PS3
  28. Resogun - PS4
  32. Abzû - PS4
  33. Natural Doctrine - PS4

• Like 3

Hello all, hope you had a Merry Christmas! Reminder that the last update for the year will be this Saturday, before 9AM EST. Please make sure your profiles are updated before then. If you haven't already, sign up for next year here. RIP my percentage, between new DLC being added and starting a game with the kiddo, my % has tanked. At least it will be easier to raise next year! ??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

Hello all, hope you had a Merry Christmas! Reminder that the last update for the year will be this Saturday, before 9AM EST. Please make sure your profiles are updated before then. If you haven't already, sign up for next year here. RIP my percentage, between new DLC being added and starting a game with the kiddo, my % has tanked. At least it will be easier to raise next year! 1f605.png1f62d.png

I am in the same boat. I had made my min 5% goal but did start a few games over the last fee months. I was making headway back and bam Dead Cells drops what like 5 dlc packs all at once, dropping me like a whole .5 almost. That was ouch.

I did though go back to SW Battlefront and the early progress is going well. This game is going in my next year goals to complete. Along with my gift from this year Jurassic Park Evolution 2. The graphics on that game are amazing even if it is hard. I am already stuck on story mission 2 as I have a dino that misses the forest and no matter what I do goes on the rampage. I just had to heal it since it swallowed a cell phone. Which probably means there was a guest attached to said phone. Oops. This is my second attempt. My first time i tried putting the two carnivore breeds in the same pen just to see what would happen and they killed each other. Fun game though. 

Happy holidays all. See you next year. 

• Like 4

Posting from my phone and may edit later but I topped out this year at 88.54% which was short of the 90% I was aiming for.

Last night I decided to pop a trophy in a dozen games I was looking to do in 2022. This of course tanked my completion rate down to 82.39% but I’m going to have fun watching it go back up over the year.

Bring on 2022 and a new batch of games!!

• Like 4