Sony Succeed in Pressuring MS to Censor Game as Gal Gun Remaster will not release on Xbox

thefourfoldroot

1 hour ago, Varhur said:

Yeah, pedophiles are getting treatmens even worse than gamers nowadays, I understand ya

Its not really pedophiles it is mostly just censorship in general for anything, look at dmc5, they censored lady's ass and trish's ass with lens flare I mean they did the same to mortal kombat years ago removing the blood from it to censor it all same with manhunt and the punisher game on ps2. to me any kind of censorship on anything is bad as it is bending a knee to random people who just want to complain about anything and once they know they can change things with their complaining they will complain about more things such as maybe the size of a characters breasts is too big like say Tifa from ff7 saying it is too big make it smaller and change her look because she is too sexy even though the character is made to look like that from the start and it is the makers view to do what they like unless it inpacks the series a lot such as say Wolfenstein 2 did as it marked the fall of the series.

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

Its not really pedophiles it is mostly just censorship in general for anything, look at dmc5, they censored lady's ass and trish's ass with lens flare I mean they did the same to mortal kombat years ago removing the blood from it to censor it all same with manhunt and the punisher game on ps2. to me any kind of censorship on anything is bad as it is bending a knee to random people who just want to complain about anything and once they know they can change things with their complaining they will complain about more things such as maybe the size of a characters breasts is too big like say Tifa from ff7 saying it is too big make it smaller and change her look because she is too sexy even though the character is made to look like that from the start and it is the makers view to do what they like unless it inpacks the series a lot such as say Wolfenstein 2 did as it marked the fall of the series.

You don't seem to be aware that Gal Gun girls are not adults. So yeah, they aren't. There are dumb cases of censorship, but comparing DMC5 butt thing to Tifa design choice (which doesn't fill under censorship category at all), or obviously, whatever Gal Gun is doing, is absolutely fucking silly.

7 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I mean, if Sony and Microsoft were in charge of those child pageants and documentaries, maybe they would.

But they aren't.  So they're focusing on the games they distribute.

Cuties is on Netflix which is on Sony consoles and Ms consoles. They could have banned the apps until the real exploitation of literal children (not character models in a video game that people call “children”) real 12-14 year olds being sexually exploited was dealt with. Hundreds of them if you count the auditions where these underage REAL children were made to dance in front of God only knows how many adults. And then for those hired to have cameras zoom and pan around them as they grope themselves at the direction of adults. 

weird that they’d instead ban video games that the ratings boards find legal to sell. That are still on Nintendo and PC. But Netflix is fine. YouTube is fine despite many children being exploited on there by their parents. That shitty Ryan kid even got a game despite clearly being exploited by his parents and both MS and Sony are fine with it. 

if you think Ms or Sony actually care about pedos, pedobait, or children’s at all then you’re a fool. The fact everyone has to moralize by pretending these fictional characters are “real” and “literal children” when they’re not to justify being offended says it all. Whether fictional directions are an issue that grows a problem, I’ve seen zero evidence. But I do know, as we all do, that children who are sexually exploited in real life... You know, not in video games, are harmed by it. Yet not a one of these companies bothers to take a stand against that happening. 

nevermind Hollywood. If they really cared they’d refuse to host any Hollywood content at all until they purge the pedos out of there. But they all just keep selling it anyway. Just as they all still work with China. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Varhur said:

You don't seem to be aware that Gal Gun girls are not adults. So yeah, they aren't. There are dumb cases of censorship, but comparing DMC5 butt thing to Tifa design choice (which doesn't fill under censorship category at all), or obviously, whatever Gal Gun is doing, is absolutely fucking silly.

It’s not really silly. The girls in gun gal are not exactly kids at 15-18 (vast majority 18 after some research). They also mostly have large breasts and, well, clearly are not children not meant to be depicted as such. Quite the opposite in fact. So not appealing to pedos.

Tifa’s “redesign” is most certainly self censorship to get around Sony’s puritanical new rules. The devs even said they originally had Tifa’s breasts bouncier and then felt they had to tone them down. Do you think they would have done that 25 years ago? Or even 5?

I think we can all agree that the DMC butt censorship is, as you say, silly. But this is precisely what happens when you let ideologues have control rather than national laws.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Cuties is on Netflix which is on Sony consoles and Ms consoles. They could have banned the apps until the real exploitation of literal children (not character models in a video game that people call “children”) real 12-14 year olds being sexually exploited was dealt with.

To be honest, I don't really know what Cuties is.  If it's what it sounds like it is... the fact that everyone here seems to be very aware of it, in the "we love Gal*Gun and that definitely doesn't make us pedophiles" thread, is not shocking.

Either way, I guess Gal*Gun is fine as long as Netflix and that one... documentary?... is around.  Good point.

22 minutes ago, Ariadne said:

If one can’t find the humour in that, then they’re probably normal. A degenerate like myself finds this absurd plot to be exceptionally funny. In fact, most who have actually played Gal Gun would likely say that it’s more comical than anything else.

If people would actually take the stance that "okay, the games weird, but there's actually something funny or interesting about it"... I wouldn't really have a problem with that.  It's the people quoting Ben Franklin or saying "it's okay because it's better than child sex slavery" who are trying to a concerning degree to legitimize it.

Edited by Dreakon13

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

To be honest, I don't really know what Cuties is.  If it's what it sounds like it is... the fact that everyone here seems to be very aware of it, in the "we love Gal*Gun and that definitely doesn't make us pedophiles" thread, is not shocking.

Either way, I guess Gal*Gun is fine as long as Netflix and that one... documentary?... is around.  Good point.

Why do people flex their ignorance as if it matters? All it does is show you're ignorant and shouldn't be talking about the subject matter you're discussing. It isn't some gotcha on other people that you're not aware of a wide spread controversial film release. It's not some obscure nothing like Gal Gun is. No mainstream media is going to report about Gal Gun games at any point. They did however report on Cuties, and largely defended the film as 'art'. Including tons of people in Hollywood calling it "beautiful". Go figure.

That's not my point at all. My point is that people pretending these billion dollar corporations (or trillion in MS's case) have some moral argument for what they do are stupid and foolish. You can find their hypocrisy as plain as day. All you have to do is use your brain for five seconds. But oh, you've never heard of Netflix's Cuties. So that makes you not a pedo. As if that's a logical argument, you utter clown.

It's also not a documentary.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Why do people flex their ignorance as if it matters? All it does is show you're ignorant and shouldn't be talking about the subject matter you're discussing. It isn't some gotcha on other people that you're not aware of a wide spread controversial film release. It's not some obscure nothing like Gal Gun is. No mainstream media is going to report about Gal Gun games at any point. They did however report on Cuties, and largely defended the film as 'art'. Including tons of people in Hollywood calling it "beautiful". Go figure.

That's not my point at all. My point is that people pretending these billion dollar corporations (or trillion in MS's case) have some moral argument for what they do are stupid and foolish. You can find their hypocrisy as plain as day. All you have to do is use your brain for five seconds. But oh, you've never heard of Netflix's Cuties. So that makes you not a pedo. As if that's a logical argument, you utter clown.

It's also not a documentary.

So do you actually have anything to say about GalGun... or do you just stop into any thread Cuties gets mentioned?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

It’s not really silly. The girls in gun gal are not exactly kids at 15-18 (vast majority 18 after some research). They also mostly have large breasts and, well, clearly are not children not meant to be depicted as such. Quite the opposite in fact. So not appealing to pedos.

15-17 is still considered not adult if you're really going down this route. You could've maybe pointed out that anime girls tend to look nothing like real women aside from maybe general anatomy (if you don't believe me, look up people trying to look like anime characters; the results are generally either nothing like anime characters or otherwise horrifying and straight from the uncanny valley), but instead you decided to go down the "it's not pedophilia, it's ephebophilia" route for some reason. There are also definitely real people in that age range with large breasts, so pointing that out really doesn't help.

16 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

If people would actually take the stance that "okay, the games weird, but there's actually something funny or interesting about it"... I wouldn't really have a problem with that.  It's the people quoting Ben Franklin or saying "it's okay because it's better than child sex slavery" who are trying to a concerning degree to legitimize it.

As someone who actually does like these games more for the absurdity than anything else (while the artstyle does aesthetically please me, I'm not exactly getting off to it mid-game seeing as I'm here to play a game, not look at scantily-clad women), it's fairly hard to care about getting a word in when a good 95% of the thread is split between people screaming "SJW" and "communism" at everything or, like the person above, unwittingly defending actual pedophilia in their attempts to defend Gal Gun and people insisting that only pedophiles could possibly enjoy the game and generally railroading conversations of the game into shit like the above. Frankly, I would suspect I'm not even the minority here, but those people don't tend to show up, likely because it's almost inevitable that trying to defend it at all is going to end up with a fruitless discussion where one will get branded a pedophile, even if not by you, then likely by someone else instead.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

So do you actually have anything to say about GalGun... or do you just stop into any thread Cuties gets mentioned?

I did, you're the one that ignored the point I made to try to create a strawman. I reiterated that point in defense of your nonsense.

All of it has to do with Gal Gun since people defending the restriction on the game are all using moral arguments, when none of these companies actually give a shit about morality. They're billion and trillion dollar corporations. They don't care about children. So Gal Gun being banned has nothing to do with that. If they cared about children, I refer you to my previous posts you ignored where I explained a few ways you'd see that manifest itself if they were consistent in their "morals". But somehow it doesn't, because... it's almost like they don't care. And apparently now that has nothing to do with Gal Gun, even though that's the entire foundation of the issue.

2 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

15-17 is still considered not adult if you're really going down this route. You could've maybe pointed out that anime girls tend to look nothing like real women aside from maybe general anatomy (if you don't believe me, look up people trying to look like anime characters; the results are generally either nothing like anime characters or otherwise horrifying and straight from the uncanny valley), but instead you decided to go down the "it's not pedophilia, it's ephebophilia" route for some reason. There are also definitely real people in that age range with large breasts, so pointing that out really doesn't help.

As someone who actually does like these games more for the absurdity than anything else (while the artstyle does aesthetically please me, I'm not exactly getting off to it mid-game seeing as I'm here to play a game, not look at scantily-clad women), it's fairly hard to care about getting a word in when a good 95% of the thread is split between people screaming "SJW" and "communism" at everything or, like the person above, unwittingly defending actual pedophilia in their attempts to defend Gal Gun and people insisting that only pedophiles could possibly enjoy the game and generally railroading conversations of the game into shit like the above. Frankly, I would suspect I'm not even the minority here, but those people don't tend to show up, likely because it's almost inevitable that trying to defend it at all is going to end up with a fruitless discussion where one will get branded a pedophile, even if not by you, then likely by someone else instead.

If by "person above" you mean me, then literally how. If Sony/MS' issue with Gal Gun was that it was "exploiting children" then you can't reconcile that argument with the fact they all still allow access to Netflix, and thus the film that actually exploited real children in it's creation. And continues to exploit them by still being available. I couldn't care less about Gal Gun, it looks lame to me as a series. Don't see how that "unwittingly defends" actual pedophilia at all. I'm not sure how the other people's comments I see are doing that either.

I do care that people continue to believe that billion and trillion dollar corporations have morals. They don't, which you can see it so easily by opening your eyes to how they operate in countries like China, Russia, or the Middle East in general. Or in this case, how they just operate in the US itself. Even in the same country it's hypocritical and runs counter to the moral position people are claiming they have.

But you are right that there's virtually no point in talking to people about these things because it is mostly just "reee pedos" and "reee sjws". I mean people really bringing up Tifa being censored again when she literally wasn't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

If by "person above" you mean me, then literally how.

Was referring to the first person I quoted who decided that "they're 15-18" is a valid moral argument when only one age within that age range is even considered legal, and just barely at that, making it ineffective as an argument given the stances of the people being argued against and also fairly suspect in general.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Was referring to the first person I quoted who decided that "they're 15-18" is a valid moral argument when only one age within that age range is even considered legal, and just barely at that, making it ineffective as an argument given the stances of the people being argued against and also fairly suspect in general.

ah, quote above. That makes sense. thanks for the clarification.

21 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

All of it has to do with Gal Gun since people defending the restriction on the game are all using moral arguments, when none of these companies actually give a shit about morality. They're billion and trillion dollar corporations. They don't care about children. So Gal Gun being banned has nothing to do with that. If they cared about children, I refer you to my previous posts you ignored where I explained a few ways you'd see that manifest itself if they were consistent in their "morals". But somehow it doesn't, because... it's almost like they don't care. And apparently now that has nothing to do with Gal Gun, even though that's the entire foundation of the issue.

Getting rid of Netflix in protest over one film (especially one that the mainstream apparently hasn't turned on yet) is probably excessive and has far greater implications than blocking GalGun.

It's evidence that business trumps morals, but not that morals don't exist.

Edited by Dreakon13

Before this thread eventually gets locked, I still find it weird that people try to apply ages and rights to fictional characters.

But the people who're saying "it's okay that this is censored(!)" or whatever are the same people who now forfeit any right to complain about the stuff they care about/like being censored.

Esp. if you're happy to throw stuff we like under a bus simply because you don't. Why should we care about, let alone defend what you like at that point? (Though in the case of myself, I've already stopped doing that. Reap what you sow.)

Edited by Jigsy1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Getting rid of Netflix in protest over one film is probably excessive and has far greater implications than blocking GalGun.

It's evidence that business trumps morals, but not that morals don't exist.

If you sacrifice your morals for money, then you don't actually have them to begin with. So thanks for proving my point. It's just a facade that vanishes as soon as the money flow starts to get affected too much. Which means it was never actually there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walt the Dog said:

As someone who actually does like these games more for the absurdity than anything else (while the artstyle does aesthetically please me, I'm not exactly getting off to it mid-game seeing as I'm here to play a game, not look at scantily-clad women)

Look, people analyse way too much. 1) they are not kids 2) they are not depicted as kids but have definite adult woman features 3) they are fictional characters.

And yes, people who think guys and girls are playing this one handed are obviously delusional.

I did find out from someone above that one of the girls is 15 in the game. I’d be fine with the “censorship” of changing her to be canonically older, but otherwise I don’t see why the game would need to be censored or restricted in any way.

The original point however was not specifically about this game, but rather that MS have now joined Sony in censoring perfectly legal games in the name of “we know what’s best for society / our PR people said there are loadmouth activists out there and we’re scared of the idiots”

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I have an Xbox One in China, and it currently requires a social security number to be entered on a government app (downloaded through the store) before any game (even Spyro) will boot. This is an official Microsoft console. So if you think Microsoft ought to have some moral stand either way, don't be so sure.

18 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

If you sacrifice your morals for money, then you don't actually have them to begin with. So thanks for proving my point. It's just a facade that vanishes as soon as the money flow starts to get affected too much. Which means it was never actually there.

How profound.

Not all situations are black and white.

5 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Isn't that place too busy burning to have any water

Not far from the truth, sadly. I'd imagine you know how it feels.

6 hours ago, Weskerfan75 said:

Gal Gun developers: "Can you carry our game?"

Microsoft: "Nah, pass."

Gal Gun: "Alright we'll try with Nintendo."

Gamers: "This is literally 1984. God damn the SJW liberal Soy drinking commies strike again.

A succinct and accurate summary! Honest thread title: "Gal Gun Remaster will not release on Xbox for some reason."

• Like 1