Online servers closing question - HITMAN & HITMAN 2 PS4

XDragon7Ninja7X

Hello. As you might know you can't save this game if no online. Online going down mid Janurary 2021. Plus above from the confirmed 2 players coop trophies going down for sure ; the contracts are online related. My question is in what state will these 2 games will be left at the release of Hitman 3. Thank you !

• Like 3

No official answer for now, we're still waiting a statement from Io Interactive. My guess is that nothing will change except for the 3 online trophies of Hitman 2. Who is stupid enough to develop a game that needs servers just to save progress, and for ALL players ? Sure, it's better to be online for some reason, but I can't believe that those games will be unplayable. And if everything goes well, they'll propose a solution for the multiplayer, as said in their official statement:

"We are preparing to sunset the co-op servers in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3 and we’ll share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months." https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-game-modes

Let's just hope a better ending than Hitman: Absolution.

• Like 2

Sighs.... I'm so sick of games havin their modes, and trophies tied to the Internet.

The Internet is both awesome, and total shit simultaneously.  Can anyone else think of something thats both awesome and shit at the same time?  I can't.

Edited by NxtDoc
Correction
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

Sighs.... I'm so sick of games havin their modes, and trophies tied to them.

The Internet is both awesome, and total shit simultaneously.  Can anyone else think of something thats both awesome and shit at the same time?  I can't.

Yes actually, taking a shit. I know its quite literal but meets both qualifications at least for me.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LeDragonSYNC said:

Hello. As you might know you can't save this game if no online. Online going down mid Janurary 2021. Plus above from the confirmed 2 players coop trophies going down for sure ; the contracts are online related. My question is in what state will these 2 games will be left at the release of Hitman 3. Thank you !

Where exactly is it mentioned that online is shutting down? Right nowhere ..... Ghost mode closed end August and the co-op mode is closing thats all.

• Like 1

Contracts are server related . And to save your progress you gotta be online . Altought there is an offline mode wich might extinguish the fire. For the contracts tho i would do those trophie just to make sure you dont get caught with a back log .

P.S. there always could be some hotfixes on the way

On 04/01/2021 at 9:27 PM, waIafc0 said:

"We are preparing to sunset the co-op servers in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3 and we’ll share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months." https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-game-modes

It seems like people are confusing the whole online nature of the game with just the game modes. As walafc0 quoted above, IO has not said they’re shutting down online- they only shut down Ghost Mode and will soon shut down the coop mode for Sniper Assassin. There are 3 trophies related to completing each map in coop. Those are the trophies that will be affected.

In other words, all other online features like contracts, etc are safe for now.

• Like 1

Where's the information regarding the shutdown affecting the rest of the game outside of co-op sniper mode and contracts? I'm confused what's all the fuss is about - haven't IO said they will shutdown these online modes only like a couple of months ago? A huge chunk of the game should still be playable offline

I'm also kinda confused were all this talk about servers for Hitman 2 is coming from? Ghost mode were the only game mode that were announced to shut down in August 2020. It's now down ofc. But apart from that one paragraph that's quoted earlier in this thread there is no information of the coop in Sniper Assassin being taken down apart from that the developers plan to take it away before Hitman 3 releases. Nothing has been set in stone apart from that IO are thinking of it. Not a date or if it's going to happen at all.

Whoever is concerned about the 3 sniper multiplayer trophies, just do it. I installed the game for the first time ever today and had all 3 done within one hour. You can matchmake, and they are quite easy to "complete." You only need to finish the objective, not the challenges.

• Like 2