Was this game pulled from the Playstation Store

MikeCheck--

5 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

@HuntingFever Says not available for purchase, Are you able to find it on the NA store? Sorry, I should've specified :) 

In that case I have no idea, sorry :(. I guess it must have been delisted from the US store for some reason, because the EU version is still available.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Sweet, glad they didn’t pull this one. I’ve always wanted to play through Tupac Shakur’s memoirs.

Still one of the greatest we ever had. I watched Juice and Above the Rim not too long ago. He had good skills in dramatic acting to go with his style of delivery on the mic. 

Very sad he lived such a short life. But those who possess talent and flair that is head & shoulders above the rest, tend to have a disturbed life outside of show business. 

Michael Jackson’s story is definite proof. One of the greatest entertainers we ever had, whose life was full of sadness and despair. 

2Pac was a guy that stood out. People like that are few and far between, so maybe I’ll pick this game up.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Still one of the greatest we ever had. I watched Juice and Above the Rim not too long ago. He had good skills in dramatic acting to go with his style of delivery on the mic. 

Very sad he lived such a short life. But those who possess talent and flair that is head & shoulders above the rest, tend to have a disturbed life outside of show business. 

Michael Jackson’s story is definite proof. One of the greatest entertainers we ever had, whose life was full of sadness and despair. 

2Pac was a guy that stood out. People like that are few and far between, so maybe I’ll pick this game up.

I was totally kidding. ? Sadly, I don’t think this game has anything to do with Tupac specifically, although it is apparently about gangsters and urban warfare I didn’t see anything that implied it features real historical characters.

Can’t agree more about what you said about Pac though. To me, he was a larger than life kind of figure. He was a visionary, a poet, a political activist and a prophet for his people, and all these qualities shine through in his music. Many of his songs are raw and gritty, but also filled with hope and a vision for a better world. In my opinion he’s one of the greatest ever.

I’ll always associate the term “thug life” with him, which is what I was joking about. Not only did he have tattooed in his chest, but he explained that “THUG LIFE” was actually an acronym for “The hate you give little infants fucks everybody.”

And what he meant by this was that if young children in the ghettos were continuing to be brought up in an environment of extreme poverty, oppression, racism, police brutality and violence, they would internalize the kinds of things they were seeing and learning, and inevitably fall into a life of crime and violence themselves by becoming a product of the environment they were raised in.

And everybody loses in that scenario - both the child, and society as a whole. It’s a perpetuating cycle that will go on forever if we refused to change our ways.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I was totally kidding. 1f602.png Sadly, I don’t think this game has anything to do with Tupac specifically, although it is apparently about gangsters and urban warfare I didn’t see anything that implied it features real historical characters.

Can’t agree more about what you said about Pac though. To me, he was a larger than life kind of figure. He was a visionary, a poet, a political activist and a prophet for his people, and all these qualities shine through in his music. Many of his songs are raw and gritty, but also filled with hope and a vision for a better world. In my opinion he’s one of the greatest ever.

I’ll always associate the term “thug life” with him, which is what I was joking about. Not only did he have tattooed in his chest, but he explained that “THUG LIFE” was actually an acronym for “The hate you give little infants fucks everybody.”

And what he meant by this was that if young children in the ghettos were continuing to be brought up in an environment of extreme poverty, oppression, racism, police brutality and violence, they would internalize the kinds of things they were seeing and learning, and inevitably fall into a life of crime and violence themselves by becoming a product of the environment they were raised in.

And everybody loses in that scenario - both the child, and society as a whole. It’s a perpetuating cycle that will go on forever if we refused to change our ways.

I didn’t say Pac was a direct inspiration or was the reason the game was made. But when you still have many people listening to your music over 20 years later, you obviously did something special. 

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Rockstar was somewhat inspired by 2Pac when they made GTA San Andreas, which is what I’m playing now. They took Eazy E’s appearance directly and placed him on a character (Ryder), so the game borrows heavily from the early 1990s, specifically Los Angeles. It was not a good place to be at back then. 

All this to say, I think music has gone downhill drastically since then. When Kurt Cobain and Tupac Shakur both died under suspicious, violent circumstances, the record producers and corporate leaders decided things should lighten up. Music started to suffer both in creativity and innovation. 

People like Selena Gomez, Justin Beiber, Rihanna and Taylor Swift are products of mediocrity that I feel started with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. None of them had a hard, difficult life like Cobain and Tupac had. Tupac himself not only had a poetic, occasionally aggressive style on the mic, he had good acting ability in movies mostly based on the ghetto. 

Thug Life and 2Pac will always go together for most. Tupac Shakur was real and had real talent. That is something that Drake, a modern rapper, will never have in his career. You couldn’t ever get Kayne West or Lil Wayne to act as well as Tupac did, no matter how hard you try. 

I gave up on mainstream music a long time ago. The only modern music I can really stand these days is instrumentals and soundtracks from such game franchises as Assassin’s Creed, Uncharted and the like. Everything else to me is bland and mediocre, that I’ve already heard over a thousand times.

• Like 2

On 06/01/2021 at 9:15 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

Thanks for the info! I heard it was a pretty bad game but likely the easiest and shortest VR plat around lol 

On 06/01/2021 at 9:30 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Sweet, glad they didn’t pull this one. I’ve always wanted to play through Tupac Shakur’s memoirs.

Don't play this game for your own sake. It is complete and utter shit. If you're looking for an Easy VR plat, play Job Simulator.

• Like 2

I thought this would be good for plat #420 so I did it this morning & it's got to be the worst VR title hands-down. Way worse than Kaiji, it's on another level. After adjusting the camera several times it seemed like it was finally tracking everything but the tracking would wig out on reloading. Only way to do stage 3 was to bring in two rifles from outside pre-loaded, place them in the middle of the bar & preload the other two so I never had to reload. Stage 2 was just horrible as well. Fuck this game. My platinum is also a screenshot of lying down out of bounds. Pathetic.

I don't remember if this game was even on the US store but if it was delisted it's probably because they used a snoop dogg sample they wouldn't have licensed. At the beginning of stage 2 the director calls you a 'fagboy' as well which I doubt anyone on any side of any fence would appreciate.

Since this is apparently a hip hop thread now I'll leave a few clips. Might take the edge off of all the necessary negativity as well.

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Spaz said:

I gave up on mainstream music a long time ago. The only modern music I can really stand these days is instrumentals and soundtracks from such game franchises as Assassin’s Creed, Uncharted and the like. Everything else to me is bland and mediocre, that I’ve already heard over a thousand times.

Meh mainstream music has always been crap. While pop music is incredibly popular, I’ve always regarded it as the “McDonalds of music.” 

Most pop music/radio top 40 stuff follows the exact same formula, creating songs that are shallow, catchy, and and easy to sing along to. It also tends to capitalize on whatever the current trends are (ex. a few years ago every pop song had some kind of EDM element to it, in 2020 most songs are more hip hop oriented), and rehashes the same bag of tricks over and over again because, well, just like McDonalds it sells and the masses can’t seem to get enough of it!

With that said though, you just have to know where to look. There is TONS of fantastic music out there, and endless amounts of brilliant artists waiting to be discovered if you go looking for them. If anything, the internet age has made it much easier for underground artists w/o mainstream appeal to get their music directly to the people, and music is more accessible than ever. I’ve discovered more music than ever before just by doing a little digging. 

19 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I thought this would be good for plat #420 so I did it this morning & it's got to be the worst VR title hands-down.

Since this is apparently a hip hop thread now I'll leave a few clips. Might take the edge off of all the necessary negativity as well.

Congrats on #420 my man. That’s a lot of platinums. If I stillI smoked, I would surely spark the fattest doob in your honour. ?

I enjoyed the tracks you shared as well. That first track especially had that awesome west coast G-funk vibe which was exactly what this thread needed lol.

I don’t know if you heard, but sadly MF Doom just passed away on NYE. He was reportedly pretty close to finishing an album he was working on, so keeps your eyes open for a potential posthumous release coming up in the near future.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2021 at 7:44 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Congrats on #420 my man. That’s a lot of platinums. If I stillI smoked, I would surely spark the fattest doob in your honour. 1f601.png

I enjoyed the tracks you shared as well. That first track especially had that awesome west coast G-funk vibe which was exactly what this thread needed lol.

I don’t know if you heard, but sadly MF Doom just passed away on NYE. He was reportedly pretty close to finishing an album he was working on, so keeps your eyes open for a potential posthumous release coming up in the near future.

Thanks mate although no one is more aware then I am that half my plats are trash I did during a years worth of events here as well as cheapshit artificial milestone manipulation, so I've really got maybe 200 that're actual games or so. 

That's neither here nor there though, how fucked is the MF Doom thing ay! I've had some kind of Doom album in the car consistently throughout the years & that stuff never gets old. In my state we had to wear masks even while driving for a few days recently & I was blasting Doom & ofc he mentions a mask. Shit was perfect, guy was a legend & his music is timeless. I guess now we'll never know who Mr Fantastic from the rap snitches song is :( 

I almost threw a different Dre Dog song up from the same album but can't go past rhyming 'mystitude' with 'juicy fruit' & when Coughnut (RIP) comes in so vicious, even namedropping Jeffery Dahmer it's the perfect mix of attitude & dark humour. 

Anyway glad you liked the clips. I just had to. Thug Life as well as another steamer I played this week was so piss poor I actually have a bottom 3 for VR games now haha.

sony didnt choose the thug life, the thug life chose sony

jk, on a serious note reggie wright (previously from death row records) is in icu for covid. i hope he gets better. i did a show with sean price from the bootcamp click before he died . if you heard tupac military mindz it featured them although price wasnt in that song they were still friends.

sucks that mf doom passed as well. i think his wife said it was in october, but she didnt mention it till recently. most likely to not be bothered. dealing with estates and funerals sucks, the courts want it done asap and you have to devote all your time to it first.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:44 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Meh mainstream music has always been crap. While pop music is incredibly popular, I’ve always regarded it as the “McDonalds of music.” 

Most pop music/radio top 40 stuff follows the exact same formula, creating songs that are shallow, catchy, and and easy to sing along to. It also tends to capitalize on whatever the current trends are (ex. a few years ago every pop song had some kind of EDM element to it, in 2020 most songs are more hip hop oriented), and rehashes the same bag of tricks over and over again because, well, just like McDonalds it sells and the masses can’t seem to get enough of it!

With that said though, you just have to know where to look. There is TONS of fantastic music out there, and endless amounts of brilliant artists waiting to be discovered if you go looking for them. If anything, the internet age has made it much easier for underground artists w/o mainstream appeal to get their music directly to the people, and music is more accessible than ever. I’ve discovered more music than ever before just by doing a little digging.

Underground is to music what indie games are to the gaming industry. Some fantastic songs, but the underground isn't immune to bullcrap, and there is a ton of it.

Honestly I've been hearing this since iTunes became popular back in 2005 - 2007. When Soulja Boy came out in 2007 with that piece of shit song 'Crank Dat', I dove underground and discovered MF DOOM. I knew MF DOOM for a long time, the song 'Rapp Snitches' that @Drag-On-Detritus posted dates back to the mid 2000s. MF DOOM was probably one of the most famous and celebrated of the underground rappers. He never was in it for the fame and money, he deliberately hid himself and people didn't know who the fuck he was if they just happened to brush past him walking in New York City.

I was also sad to hear Phife of A Tribe Called Quest died four - five years back, so MF DOOM passing away is another tragedy. I'm a huge fan of Jungle Brothers/De La Soul/A Tribe Called Quest, and to an extent Leaders of the New School, all part of the Native Tongues movement that operated in New York City back in the late 1980s/early - mid 1990s. People who want some of the best experimental rap of all time need to listen to those rap groups. And when hip hop became mainstream with Kayne West and Lil Wayne, these guys have mostly hid themselves from the public view.

Radio is basically utterly irrelevant at this point. I used to be big on Sirius as I was a subscriber for many years, but like traditional radio they went down the shitter as well due to corporations getting greedy.

I've compiled an older playlist as well as a newer playlist of mostly indie bands and underground artists. Pop music sadly has mostly been stagnant since the mid - late 2000s. I don't care how many people say Chris Brown, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez have gotten a little better. They're still shit, and they've followed a trend that started with Britney Spears, N'Sync and Backstreet Boys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...