Anyone know if AC4's PS3 trophy list will be shared with the PS4

What I mean is will the trophy list be a shared one between the two versions, or will it be two separate lists, one for each platform? Why I ask is because of the Assassins Creed series notoriously BS multiplayer system. I loathe Assassins Creed multiplayer. The way I see it, if it was a shared list where trophies received in one platform reflect the same way in the other platform, I can spend a couple days getting the multiplayer trophies out of the way now on the PS3 version, and then play the single player story on the PS4 at my leisure.

Also, I may or may not have sounded out the "leisure" in my head as "leh-sure" and not "lee-sure".

Hmmm One day we'll be able to cross save a game from the ps4 to the ps3 to the vita and get 3 plats in 1.. 9 plats for the Jak and daxter trilogy..

I'd like to think it's not separate, but it probably will be separate just look at the walking dead ect.. so just prepare for the worst.  

the PS4 will transfer your PS3 trophies won't it...?

Don't think you quite understand what I intend. If the trophy list was a single list shared between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, I could finish the multiplayer trophies on the PS3 now, then finish the trophies on single player and get the plat without touching multiplayer on the PS4 since I already earned the trophies for it. Basically what I'm asking is if AC4 will be Cross Play I guess, like they already have shared trophy lists between the Vita and PS3. If it was a shared Cross Play list, I could start my trophy run on the PS3 and finish on the PS4 later. Instead, if they have separate lists and I want to plat AC4 once, then I have to do it either on the PS3 or wait for the PS4 later.

It would be nice if AC4 was Cross Play between the PS3 and PS4 like the PS3 and Vita do, but I guess it won't. Oh well, it was an idea.

the PS4 will transfer your PS3 trophies won't it...?

But if you play one game on both versions, you will probably end up with two trophy lists for the same title.

I believe I heard something about it on IGN's Daily Fix when talking about one of those games with the upgrade thing. MP stats (level and stuff) will be carried over from one plat to the other, trophies will not.

The problem I can see with this is, that if a trophy requires you to reach a certain level on one platform and you change to the other, the trophy should be obtained instantly. But who knows, if this happens I see a big problem coming up on detecting cheaters for mp trophies. xD 

Don't think you quite understand what I intend. If the trophy list was a single list shared between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, I could finish the multiplayer trophies on the PS3 now, then finish the trophies on single player and get the plat without touching multiplayer on the PS4 since I already earned the trophies for it. Basically what I'm asking is if AC4 will be Cross Play I guess, like they already have shared trophy lists between the Vita and PS3. If it was a shared Cross Play list, I could start my trophy run on the PS3 and finish on the PS4 later. Instead, if they have separate lists and I want to plat AC4 once, then I have to do it either on the PS3 or wait for the PS4 later.

It would be nice if AC4 was Cross Play between the PS3 and PS4 like the PS3 and Vita do, but I guess it won't. Oh well, it was an idea.

I got that part.... just wondering if all your trophies from your PS3 will transfer to your PS4 so keep it all your platinums and stuff..

I got that part.... just wondering if all your trophies from your PS3 will transfer to your PS4 so keep it all your platinums and stuff..

Trophies are attached to your SEN account which is shared across all Sony platforms. Your trophies will populate on the PS4 when you connect your PSN id and sync your trophies. Like they did with the Vita. 

• Like 3

I could imagine that Sony has learned from the PS Vita.

There are three possibilities:

1: "Motorstorm RC Version" You gain the trophies on one system, start the game on the next system and get them all again instantly.(2 Platinums)

2: "Hustle Kings Version" You can gain all trophies on the other system again but you'll have to do everything again. (2 100%)

3: "Ratchet FFA/QForce Version" You can gain the trophies on both systems but they add to the same list. (1 Platinum)

So the 3rd option is the current version of how the trophies work on psv so maybe they'll stay with this with the ps4. But I believe in the beginning they will be seperate again and it is up to the publisher, if they will pop instantly (or if you use the same AC4 Online Account)

But if you play one game on both versions, you will probably end up with two trophy lists for the same title.

I believe I heard something about it on IGN's Daily Fix when talking about one of those games with the upgrade thing. MP stats (level and stuff) will be carried over from one plat to the other, trophies will not.

The problem I can see with this is, that if a trophy requires you to reach a certain level on one platform and you change to the other, the trophy should be obtained instantly. But who knows, if this happens I see a big problem coming up on detecting cheaters for mp trophies. xD

I think yes the trophies will pop instantly but with the original time stamp as opposed to one for when they popped on the PS3 and a separate for when they popped on the PS4.

Trophies are attached to your SEN account which is shared across all Sony platforms. Your trophies will populate on the PS4 when you connect your PSN id and sync your trophies. Like they did with the Vita. 

this is more likely the correct answer that the OP is asking for. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found this on the ubisoft site regarding the digital upgrade program. Scroll to the bottom. It seems that trophies and saves will NOT be shared between the PS3 and PS4 versions. The good news (which is what I was looking for because I was hoping for 2 trophy lists) is that you only have to buy DLC once. 

source: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebZcCAI

What content is transferred?

The upgrade offer applies to the Digital Edition of the main game, including:
1. The Aveline exclusive missions
2. Special Edition additional in-game content
3. The Uplay Passport.

The PS3 saved games, trophies and individual downloadable content, other ULC and pre-order content will not be carried across. However, owning the Season Pass on PS3 will grant access to the corresponding downloadable content on PS4.

Edited by MatCauthon
  • Like 1

I found this on the ubisoft site regarding the digital upgrade program. Scroll to the bottom. It seems that trophies and saves will NOT be shared between the PS3 and PS4 versions. The good news (which is what I was looking for because I was hoping for 2 trophy lists) is that you only have to buy DLC once. 

source: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebZcCAI

This pretty much confirmed what I already suspected. It's a moot point now considering the PS4 is only a couple days away.