I don't think I can handle it any more

I'm sorry if anyone has a spongebob fetish or whatever but this game is just awful. I actually enjoyed the PS2 games but this is the most boring kids game I've ever played, yes..... I will even say Hannah Montana was more fun.

I usually love kids games, and get more enjoyment out of them than many other adult aimed games I've played. But I just can't force myself to do this one. I finished the story, maxed out Spongebobs weapons and got every other trophy apart from the other characters weapons maxed. Being a trophy whore the list was obviously appealing but I did not expect the grind which I'm about to face.... I might even have to admit it's the first kids game I will just say 'no more' to.

If you're looking for a quick and easy platinum be prepared to repeat the same crap over and over and over and over and over. I've done some painful grinds in my time but wow this one takes the cake.....the sponge cake.....spongebob is a cake......spongebob is a lie. See I'm losing my mind, thanks a lot Nickelodeon

Damn. I was considering picking this up seeing as I loved the Gameboy Advance and PS2 games. Might still look into it but from what you describe it sounds terrible.

I hope I can save your life by saying don't buy it - hire it if you must try it. I'm sure there are people out there that will like this game. You know, like Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller. I really wish I waited to see if it popped up for rent anywhere but I committed the heinous crime of buying the digital copy, no selling it on to some other poor sucker :(

Nothing to do with this but, cool Chucky avatar

Cheers :D

• Like 1

I've been thinking about picking this up so me and my 3 year old can have something to play together but I am reconsidering it now. I don't expect a lot from a kids game but I need something that I can at least tolerate otherwise the experience won't be fun at all.

Parker

• 5 years later...

The game is actually... Decent. It's not that good like the PS2 titles, but I can enjoy it. Maybe it's because I love Spongebob (that's also the main reason why I got this game), but it's okay. To be fair, I don't know any other genre games, feel free to recommend some. 

I don't know about the English Version, but the german Version does have the original Spongebob voice. It's great. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Livingstone7728 said:

I'm not sure what grind everyone speaks of... 45 mins per gold trophy is not a grind... 

People just use the word grind these days for anything of any duration they don't enjoy. If it's 1 minute they aren't enjoying it's a grind, I see it a lot on multiplayer game discussions for games that aren't even long, probably mostly because they suck the fun out of it by boosting instead of playing.

19 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

People just use the word grind these days for anything of any duration they don't enjoy. If it's 1 minute they aren't enjoying it's a grind, I see it a lot on multiplayer game discussions for games that aren't even long, probably mostly because they suck the fun out of it by boosting instead of playing.

Imo, grinding as a term has nothing to do with length as you can have short grinds or long grinds.

Anything that you're doing repeatedly that you're not enjoying is a grind.

• Like 1