Close friend requests from bots?

dannyswfc9

41 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

The whole "close friend" thing annoys me because it leads precisely to this type of crap. I've never had a problem distinguishing between "friends" and "close friends" without Sony's help.

But whatever. Anyway, I get this crap too. And as an earlier sage said: delete, delete, delete.

It would be nice if we could disable this type of friend request altogether but I can't find this option anywhere.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

On 2/9/2021 at 2:06 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

Hi, sorry if this as been mentioned.

Ive seen this been mentioned about random messages over the past few years but not about getting random close friend requests from people who have no trophies and their profile is blank. 

I have had 3 close friend requests in the past few weeks. Of course ive deleted them but stuff like this just worries me.

Anyone else had any?

Thanks in advanced. Have a nice day

I'm getting a lot of these fake friend requests, always look at their trophies if they don't have any it's 100% a bot I just delete these type of bot request. If I someone messages me or sends a FR and they have some trophies I reply to them "GET SOME TROPHIES AND THEN WE'LL TALK" xD 

If I get a request from someone I don't know I don't accept it and leave it there so they can't keep sending it.  Once it's received I never get another notification and I have messages from non-friends turned off, so essentially it blocks their ability to harass me every again.

I also never accept close friend requests, period.  I don't care who you are, even close friends in real life.  It's a ridiculous 'feature' that I'm not interested in entertaining.  Why people feel the need to put every sensitive piece of information about themselves out there on the internet for anyone to see just boggles my mind.

• Like 2

On 9.2.2021 at 10:14 AM, dannyswfc9 said:

I used to get messages saying stuff like "hi hun" and stuff like that so i changed privacy settings a for a bit but the friend requests are new

Be glad it´s just a weird text message. One bot sent me a shady link including a nude pic. It was disgusting. What´s going on in the heads of people who program bots to send others crap like this?!

On 15.2.2021 at 3:21 PM, HusKy said:

It would be nice if we could disable this type of friend request altogether but I can't find this option anywhere.

Couldn´t agree more! Seriously, what´s the point of close friend requests? What´s so important about people knowing your real name?
I got two or three close friend requests by real persons recently. All of them were blank and I never met them online. Apparently a short message like "Hey, I saw you play Game So-and-so, maybe we can play a couple rounds sometime?" is too hard to type for these people.

And then there was one person (not a bot, could tell by their profile) who sent me a close friend request once and explicitly said that they wanted to know my real name. It just happened once, but still... I don´t understand why this type of friend request is a thing.

On 17.2.2021 at 2:21 AM, Matto_lsi said:

Why people feel the need to put every sensitive piece of information about themselves out there on the internet for anyone to see just boggles my mind.

↑ This. Many people don´t understand how dangerous it is to share personal information about themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyswe said:

I try to report them as well so we try to keep our community more "clean"

I report other PSN Members and Pictures in PSN-Communitys a lot, not only Bots, and it's always a "Yes, you are right. Thank you for your help" from the Sony Team. I hope I will win a medal or the legendary Playstation 5 that no one has ever seen in the future because I will help to keep the PSN clean.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

Decline, block and report. I’ve started getting a lot of these close friend request lately. I also get a ton of messages with things like pictures of titties that they want me to “rate” which is nice and all, who doesn’t like boobies. But mostly just people saying they own a site selling games really cheap and a link to said site, which is probably a virus or malware or something of the sort. 

The best one so far is a message with an ad for penis enlargement, I always report those profiles and their messages. And just a few hours after the report the profiles are gone. 

I would block messages and friend request in the settings but then I wouldn’t be able to see the salt from DBD players anymore so disabling all that is out of the equation 

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

You know you dont need to put your "real name", Sony at one point even said it as display name. 

This right here is what I recommend. I don’t have my real name, I just use my nickname instead. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

I also get a ton of messages with things like pictures of titties that they want me to “rate” which is nice and all, who doesn’t like boobies. 

Yeah, that is always nice. No need to report him or her.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

The best one so far is a message with an ad for penis enlargement,

Wait, that's illegal! Destroy him.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

It's increased a lot lately I have had a few this week and one as I woke up this morning since the messenger has become and app and now integrated into the playstation app it has become easier to set up fake accounts for spam bots. Didn't really happen too much when the only way you could access the messaging features was through a console.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony need to get rid of these close friend request imminently.  It's obvious that a lot of people will accept them assuming they are normal friends' requests.  I have had five in the past 24 hours and I'm on the verge of just disabling friends requests because I'm nervous about accidentally accepting one.

I've gotten a couple the last few weeks and I don't let anyone friend me, so I don't even know how they got passed that.