Whatever happened to the Burnout franchise?

1 hour ago, Studfox said:

I could definitely go for a Burnout 3: Takedown remaster. The Paradise remaster was a nice trip down memory lane but Burnout 1-3 would be a nice trilogy remaster.

I never played those, but hopped on the Burnout wagon with Paradise and really liked it, and have heard nothing but good stuff about the earlier games- I would certainly be interested in a polished up trilogy like that.

Has there ever been trilogies of non-story based games released as remasters like that though?

Generally they have been more the character-based, story driven type stuff (Prince of Persia / AC Ezio Trilogy / Jak & Daxter / Sly Cooper / Spyro / Crash Bandicoot / R&C etc.) - I struggle to recall if there has been that type of remaster package for a sports / racing type game...?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

It's collecting dust is EA's IP vault, just like Black, Command & Conquer, Dead SpaceMercenaries, The Saboteur, SimCity, Skate, SSX & many others. EA doesn't care about the franchises that aren't Need For Speed, Battlefield or The Sims. It's sad but true...

Oh hell BLACK! I could kiss you, I completely forgot about that game. I was asking my brother the other day about the game that was a solo campaign and played like Black Ops but came out in the mid-2000's. 

Complete tangent from the topic at hand but in the vein of single player campaign focused remasters I would kill for Black and Star Wars: Republic Commando.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alderriz said:

EA happened.

Like people said, Burnout was abandoned after EA decided to assign NFS to Criterion. Some key devs left a couple of years later and started their own studio Three Fields Entertainment and have made several games. Danger Zone and Dangerous Driving are basically low budget spiritual successors to Burnout.

I really wish they'd just do a kickstarter for a proper Burnout successor instead of some of the half assed entrees they've been putting out - like Dangerous Driving was good, but had so many issues and got so frustrating later into the game that it really does not make me excited for 2, especially since it seems to be following the usual 'one year between releases' formula.

• Like 2