1. 1. Best Protagonist?

• Franklin
    • Michael
    • Trevor
  2. 2. Worst Protagonist?

• Franklin
    • Michael
    • Trevor

Feel free to answer the poll, and post whatever reasons you have for your choices.  I'll post up mine when I have some time. :awesome:

EDIT: Try to avoid spoilers if at all possible... but BE WARNED BEFORE READING FURTHER, THERE MAY BE SPOILERS!!

Edited by Dreakon13

I just love how conflicted Michael is with his life. His family is a b*itch, he has it all, and nobody really cares about him. All he wants to do is relax, but on the other hand, he wants to pursue a career as well. I love it very much so.

....then you have Franklin. And to be honest, as a stand alone character, he really isn't too interesting. The only time I enjoyed his story, was when it involved his supporting cast. It just seems that everyone in Franklin's life is hilarious, and has some pretty good depth, except for him. Then, (SPOILERS) at the end of either choice A or B, he shows absolutely ZERO character development. He just recedes back to his old self as if nothing happened. This destroys any sort of attachment I had towards him, and it is extremely bad writing on R*'s part.

I love Michael's character, he's probably one of my favourite GTA protagonists so far (up there with Tommy, Johnny and CJ). I held a grudge against Trevor for a long time, and I'm not sure it ever fully disappeared I'm not saying he's a bad character, I just don't like some of his actions. Hopefully my explanation for Michael is enough to show why I don't like Trevor as much.

There were no bad charicters, I loved Michael and Trevor equally. Michael was fantastic because of his sad life, I mean he has it all but just wants to live in his old movie memories. Trevor is a psycho but also has a good side. Yes he tortures someone and pretty much likes it, but after it he explaines that torture is bad and sets him free. Also the bond of Michael and Trevor is very well realised. Franklin wasn't bad but fell a bit flat and wasn't very interesting.

i don't like Michael cuz he was like ' ok i'm doing this last mission for you guys but then i'm out of the game '... 5 missions later ' ok i'm doing this last mission and then i'm done ' . And his family was tbh boring ( in my opinion ) .

I like Trevor and Franklin but tbh ... Trevor is the best character.

I really liked them all for different reasons but here's my 2 cents. I loved Trevor cause he's just a crazy off-the-top person, something you'd come to expect from a R* game. Michael is like your everyday dude, minus the whole robbing and killing thing lol. Franklin is a cool dude, alot like Cj from SA, but I wanted to stab my ears out after hearing "homie" and "n*****" 50,000 times. Trevor won, Franklin lost.

The best character is Michael... it was hard for me to ask this question, I kinda like the three of them, but if I had to choose only one as the protagonist it would be Michael. To have a family, and that kind of relation with your family in a Grand Theft Auto, was the greatest thing! And seeing also the way each character was presented, his was the best way. All the love goes to Michael.

The worst character... I'm going to say Trevor, he was a cool character and a lot of fun, but he was also very annoying some times. While Franklin was a bit flat, I enjoyed playing with him a lot - might have something to do with his special ability, hmmm... but also, I don't know, I just did almost all of the stuff in the game with him.

Also, I got a little fed up with Trevor, you can't just agree with him killing ______ at his very first mission. But I realized that I should be fed up with Rockstar instead of Trevor... why kill ______ here???

Edited by Playsonic2

Guess I should say I haven't beaten the game yet, but Franklin is just so weak. With Michael, you get a pretty solid idea of why he is who he is. Trevor is just insane (but as was mentioned, strong moral code and fierce loyalty) so he just kind of is who he is. Their background together offers a wealth of backstory too. It drives the story.

Franklin is just so predictable. He's a complete yes-man to everyone above him. Within two days of saying he wants to "go big", he goes from gangbanger to working high scale heists. No real moral or ethical implications. No questioning anything (at least not without being a complete pushover). Very one dimensional and offers little substantial backstory or purpose...

Edited by Dreakon13

I say Frank is the best, just because he's my favorite to play as. Likely due to his special ability and the way he talks to people when you press right on the pad.

I don't even think there is any bad chara ter, but I chose Michael as the "worst". Only because he lets his family cramp his style :P

• 2 weeks later...

I liked michael the best. I just like these tyes of characters, don't blame me haha

Through the whole game, I didn't really get to create a bond with franklin. I like his character, but something about him just doesn't do it for me. still a good guy tho

At first I LOVED trevor, but he started to piss me off after like, 40 hours of gameplay. Idk, might be his screaming and all

• 2 weeks later...