Worth it this late into life

Blackmist_FFXI

I can't tell you for the game, for now it's on my backlog. Like you, I really enjoyed Hitman, I guess this one will be similar. However, I did the multiplayer trophies just in case and there is nothing to be worried about. It's 5/10 minutes per trophy, it's very simple.

I am finally playing the first game in this trilogy (that was given on PS Plus) and it’s very enjoyable. I am also thinking of buying Hitman 2 Gold Edition. For 20€, you get a lot of content, so why shouldn’t it be worth it? It’s just a shame that the first two games don’t have platinums. So much work for just a 100%. :(

Edit: The only thing that is making me reluctant to buy it is the thought that it may come to Plus too. From what I can remember, all the PS3 Hitman games were part of the IGC. The first game of this new trilogy was already there too and H2 was already on PS Now, so it’s likely that it’s going to show up on Plus too. My only question is: are they going to give us the base game only or the GE, since, with Control, they gave us the UE?

Edited by Carol
  • Like 1

To be honest, the lack of platinum trophy does not bother me at all but I understand why it could for others after all the work put into a game.

Here's the trick: consider trophies as PSN points instead of material. On average, a game without DLCs offers 1300 points regardless of how trophies are distributed across the game. Hitman 2 provides 3945 points with the expansion pass, which is way more than the average. By finishing Hitman 2 to 100%, you enter a very private club of people where only 1.55% of applicants are accepted (my god I would love to see a 1.47% haha) and you have gained more points than a classic game while enjoying yourself all along the road.

In the end, that's all about that: enjoyment.

Edited by walafc0
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Carol said:

From what I can remember, all the PS3 Hitman games were part of the IGC. The first game of this new trilogy was already there too and H2 was already on PS Now, so it’s likely that it’s going to show up on Plus too. My only question is: are they going to give us the base game only or the GE, since, with Control, they gave us the UE?

All of the PS3 games were part of the IGC, but the PS4 remasters never did.

Also, those were all put on PS+ while the dev studio was owned by Square Enix. They went independent just before Hitman 2 and probably won't be in a hurry to give away one of their only games (especially with Hitman 3 selling so well).

Absolutely!

Hitman 2 is a great new set of levels, (including the 2 dlc levels, which are among the best across the whole trilogy!)

bear in mind, - if a platinum or repetition (or ‘stacking’) are an issue for you - if you plan on also getting Hitman 3, you could just purchase Hitman 2 and never actually load it up - doing so will give you acess to all Hitman 2 content within Hitman 3 anyways - and you will have all Hitman 1 content since you own that too - making Hitman 3 one of the biggest and best games on the console :) 

Personally though, Id say the games are so good, that replaying them is not a chore, but a welcome delight! ;) 

• Like 2

If you plan on getting 3 I would recommend getting gold edition for 2 so you can unlock the levels in 3 at a far cheaper price. (I bought it last night and was able to claim the corresponding dlc for 3 without even owning it.) Going to see if my local library has the GOTY edition of the first game so I can do the same but that one I will have to at least boot up.

Thanks for the replys. Just got home and ya the 80$ savings is rather worth it.

As for  the comment about ppl still playing dead space 12 yr later.  Yea DS is a good game just when it comes down to potential server shutdowns for games that seem to require server connection to unlock trophy's or progress :P