Reputation System for Forums!

Tazory

You'll find that this site has a like system instead of rep. I disagree with rep working on other sites, at .com the rep system caused so many problems and was just an absolute mess.

I'm pretty sure we will never see rep on this site.

I agree with Simpo. Rep usually causes people to fight for more rep and eventually it becomes a competition where people are just repping people for the sake of increasing their numbers. I think the forum is much cleaner without it.

^This

You'll find that this site has a like system instead of rep. I disagree with rep working on other sites, at .com the rep system caused so many problems and was just an absolute mess.

You're so sexy when you're right :wub:

• Like 3

I agree with Simpo. Rep usually causes people to fight for more rep and eventually it becomes a competition where people are just repping people for the sake of increasing their numbers. I think the forum is much cleaner without it.

Meh not a fan of this system, people use to become obsessed with it for some reason.

I thought the star rating on your profile and the amount of likes you had was considered your reputation.

^This

As said, this forum has a "like" feature which is pretty much the same thing but only seen when you view someones profile. There is no need too add another reputation system. 

Parker

Here's an example of how I react whenever I think back to the hoopla surrounding the rep system on PS3trophies.com a few years ago:

angry-dwight.gif

It was fucking annoying. And wholly pointless to boot. I like to think of myself as something of an old bastard around the trophy websites of the world; I've been here since the start of it all and will probably be sitting down drinking beer at the end when a giant fireball will engulf the entire trophy collecting community, in a fallout later named, "Microsoft built a fucking bomb.Guess they win."

What I'm trying to say is that I've seen it all throughout the years, and a rep system is a surefire way to cause pain, backstabbing, pointless threads, annoyance, fickle forum members and all-out war. The system we have at the moment is perfect; it's simple, honest and doesn't cause drama - let's keep it that way. Now to sit beside Simpo and let all of this blow over. 

This. ^^ 

Pretty much sums it all up.

Rep is Bollocks.

Like Gota ive been around the block. Rep leads to abuse, abuse leads to anger, anger leads to hate...

...Hate leads to Uncle AFs Dungeon.

"...something something something Dark Side something something something complete."

• Like 2