LBP 2 - everything seems to be broken

HaserPL

I've tried to do some online trophies progress done for a few days now, and everything I try to do fails, I cannot publish my level - I made a level with a finish line at the very start for faster plays, can't publish that no matter how many times i try, and finding other people worlds doesn't work as well. Is it just the PSN issues in general that are affecting this, I have no idea if that has been solved by now, or is it just something LBP2 related?

16 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I've tried to do some online trophies progress done for a few days now, and everything I try to do fails, I cannot publish my level - I made a level with a finish line at the very start for faster plays, can't publish that no matter how many times i try, and finding other people worlds doesn't work as well. Is it just the PSN issues in general that are affecting this, I have no idea if that has been solved by now, or is it just something LBP2 related?

I can try later tomorrow. The first thing I would suggest is create a new blank profile and see if you’re able to get publishing to work. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Well, s***. I'm only four trophies away from the platinum. I'm missing the 25 online wins, the four-player grappling trophy, the prize collector trophy, and the ace all levels trophy. Am I screwed out of this platinum?

No you're not screwed yet. Once you have your 2 online trophies left then you free from the online part of this game.

I've still been able to play with others online, so it appears the issue only effects the community stuff (and leaderboards). Hopefully it gets fixed in a few days.

EDIT: There are whispers on Twitter of an alleged DDOS attack on the servers.

Edited by SilentBun
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Brak opisu.

I know the message is not in English but it basically says "There has been a problem while connecting to LittleBigPlanet servers (403).

Yeah I am getting the same now seem to be down completely at the moment - were working pretty well this morning aswell

According to multiple sources, the LBP servers (LBP1, 2 and 3, PS VITA version seems to work so far AFAIK) have been attacked by a group or an individual, who has been using a script that was producing/still is, thousands of levels thus making the servers crash, to put it simply. No acknowledgment from Sony, Sumo Digital, or Media Molecule, and I highly doubt anything will be done, especially for LBP 1 and 2.

42 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

They have at least acknowledged it now: 

That's all good and dandy, but from what I've heard about the nature of the "hack", they may not be able to save the servers. I've dealt with similar stuff on private MMO game's servers, and usually the entire server had to be reset or a backup brought back, but maybe someone more competent will want to say something about the situation.

18 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

That's all good and dandy, but from what I've heard about the nature of the "hack", they may not be able to save the servers. I've dealt with similar stuff on private MMO game's servers, and usually the entire server had to be reset or a backup brought back, but maybe someone more competent will want to say something about the situation.

Depending on what the setup of things are and how this DDOS is working there are things they can do to both save existing content, and prevent some of these things in the future.

Much the same way part of Cloudflare works, the quantity and frequency of server contact can be managed at a IP level. 

There obviously hasn’t been an attack of this type directly on LBP servers so there hasn’t been a need before, but there are some possible things for them to implement to alleviate a lot of this stuff. 

I really hope that at some point the people responsible for taking such drastic action get the mental help they obviously need and these servers are recovered. I’m glad I was able to finish off all the LBP platinums/100%s, but the games were a cool online experience that I hope others are able to play in the future. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

I didn't have my save in 1 far enough into test online, but since 3 is back up as well, it's probably safe to assume 1 is also back up.

Okay. Crazy timing that I had wanted to start the process of working on this and then the servers went down. Gonna see if I can get it started now.

Thanks! 

• Like 1