The Platinum Architect – Mark Cerny On His Fascination With PlayStation Trophies

TrophyChief

So, if the Platinum Trophy needs online, I skip it.

He really is one of us

I do wonder about when this interview took place. He mentions having 33 platinums, which is current, but also talks about how he's currently struggling with Cuphead, which it looks like he finished back in October ?

Edited by Xylobe
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

He really is one of us

I do wonder about when this interview took place. He mentions having 33 platinums, which is current, but also talks about how he's currently struggling with Cuphead, which it looks like he finished back in October 1f914.png

Yeah, I noticed that too. I believe the interview was conducted for one of their monthly magazines a while back. Cool to see though.

Anyone know his PSN profile name?

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

https://psnprofiles.com/Marcus

If the interview is all a few months old then I guess he must have a few hidden plats.

Thanks!

Nicely done, Cerny. Let's unhide some of those trophies though. Pleased to see him chopping away on some good games.

A true platinum gamer, he's gotten to games that are still in my backlog ><

He probably can't "join" psnprofiles because it's a for profit site, and he's a big part of Playstation. Someone should still gift him a lifetime membership 

Definitely a good read! He's definitely got a few impressive platinum trophies for sure - Interesting to see how few PS3 games he played (which weren't on a dev console), though maybe most of them are hidden. He even admitted that Knack was just too much of a pain to platinum xD