Gaming session feedback needs to be improved

So I'm a little confused on how gaming session feedback works.

I finish a session and I am presented with three options to give feedback. Once I give the feedback it just appears to lead nowhere. There should be a way to view a person's feedback and I should be able to leave a comment that should be displayable on their profile.

There are too many people who just get a trphy and instantly leave in boosting sessions and there is no proper way to give feedback or alert people that this person shouldn't be invited to other sessions.

I would also like to be able to make a session and be able to automatically  exclude people with low feedback scores.

Edited by Dan-lives-here
  • Like 4

well something is better than nothing. Trying to get the Destruction Allstars platinum was way harder than it needed to be because of people literally getting their platinum or hard trophy and instantly going for dinner or just quitting the party. 

Edited by Dan-lives-here
  • Like 1

I might be wrong on this, but from what I recall, feedback system on gaming sessions was still in Beta 2 phase about 3 years ago? It first was implemented in a trial phase and had many split opinions for about 2 years, then Sly implemented an update to it and became a Beta 2 phase in 2018 (Or something around it) and that was it. It's definitely better now than it was before, but still is not fully implemented and we have no confirmation if it's ever going forward. As of now, you can give feedback and check your own feedback in that session after a couple of days, but after the session itself is deleted from PSNP, all the feedback is deleted too. Also in the current state you can't check your overall feedback for all sessions, something that was supposed to be implemented in the original system.

39 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yup. I feel you - I’m really not sure how the game sessions function can be made usable without some sort of ability to tag 2665.pngish behaviour and warn others away from engaging with the same parasitic users over and over.

It’s funny how ‘dinner time’ or ‘family business’ or ‘the need to sleep before work tomorrow’ never seems to come up right before those folks get their trophy, isn’t it? 1f61c.png

Hahahaha the sleep before work tomorrow thing is so real. Heard that one countless times.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Hahahaha the sleep before work tomorrow thing is so real. Heard that one countless times.

Lol - this thread must have hit a nerve for me - as this is the first time I’m realising that the site replaces that word I used with a ‘heart emoji’ ??

I wonder how that works if you happen to come from the town of S♥horpe!

Edit:

Bwahahahahahhahhaahaaa ??

It did it again!

S♥horpe!

I love it!

Edited by DrBloodmoney

14 minutes ago, Trini said:

"Sorry guys but my mom needs me atm, she's sick with no one to attend to her" is a line I once heard. He proceeded to leave, and not even a good 10 mins later he was seen playing something else. 

wow that guy wasn't thinking really well...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I've said that one myself lol

But never to get out of helping someone get a trophy. I always help out and then say it when they want to keep talking or playing and I feel like I've had enough social interaction for the day

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mumik08 said:

wow that guy wasn't thinking really well...

I just think he didn't care to make up a proper excuse, quite frankly. I've dealt with a long line of people like that, which comes down to my point that a proper feedback function would be more than beneficial in cases like these. 

20 hours ago, Dan-lives-here said:

So I'm a little confused on how gaming session feedback works.

20 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Why? It seems like a good idea. 

Here's the original thread: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48207-trialing-gaming-session-feedback/

And here's the threads that discuss the nuances/discrepancies: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/search/?&q=Session feedback&type=forums_topic&search_in=titles

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Trini said:

"Sorry guys but my mom needs me atm, she's sick with no one to attend to her" is a line I once heard. He proceeded to leave, and not even a good 10 mins later he was seen playing something else. 

Guess his mom was cured of her affliction in the span of 10 minutes, lol.

Also I can’t believe people pull this stuff and not even have the common sense to appear offline afterwards

10 minutes ago, Trini said:

I just think he didn't care to make up a proper excuse, quite frankly. I've dealt with a long line of people like that, which comes down to my point that a proper feedback function would be more than beneficial in cases like these. 

I agree tbh, it would be like giving an Uber driver stars after a ride.

It would be a good way to judge a boosting partner, but this is a double edged sword. Anyone can give bad feedback for no reason.

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It’s funny how ‘dinner time’ or ‘family business’ or ‘the need to sleep before work tomorrow’ never seems to come up right before those folks get their trophy, isn’t it?

I used to voluntarily go last in rotations because I was known as the guy who "wasn't going to leave".

It only took a few tries with random "boosters" to see this wasn't the way everyone thought and many of them were just out for themselves and didn't care if the group suffered. Now, I still go last on rotations, but I only play with people who've shown their loyalty to the group's cause for a decade. Them boys got my respect until the end of time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

It would be a good way to judge a boosting partner, but this is a double edged sword. Anyone can give bad feedback for no reason.

The same could be said for ebay, but they make it work.

I mean, there is an element of ‘mutually assured destruction’ in that isn’t there? 

I mean, surey if someone gives you bad feedback for no reason, you can just do the same back - and presumably if someone is actually a bad egg, it would be pretty obvious - when an entire session of people give the same negative feedback to only one person, and that one person gives negative to everyone...

5 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I used to voluntarily go last in rotations because I was known as the guy who "wasn't going to leave".

It only took a few tries with random "boosters" to see this wasn't the way everyone thought and many of them were just out for themselves and didn't care if the group suffered. Now, I still go last on rotations, but I only play with people who've shown their loyalty to the group's cause for a decade. Them boys got my respect until the end of time.

I don’t boost much anymore anyways, but I must admit, I still have a paper list of users on this site that I know never to boost with in my PS3 games drawer somewhere, and some of those names have been on there for nearly a decade at this point - some even from pre-psnprofiles days, inherited from Playstation Trophies dot org

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Guess his mom was cured of her affliction in the span of 10 minutes, lol.

Also I can’t believe people pull this stuff and not even have the common sense to appear offline afterwards

I agree tbh, it would be like giving an Uber driver stars after a ride.

That's true, maybe there should be a word count writeup when providing feedback instead of just simply clicking positive/negative next to a username. It may help filter the issue even if it won't completely eradicate the problem overall. 

• Like 1

Well looking at other websites that have this sort of system people can leave negative feedback, but they usually don't. Sure it does happen and I'm not saying it won't here but the majority of people using the boosting function are looking to get shit done and aren't there to troll. 

Besides, if someone has 99% feedback it's better than someone who has 10%. I think people can look at someone's feedback and see hundreds of positive. People who will leave and only think of themselves are going to be sub 50%.

I really , really like the session UI of this website but the lack of feedback kills it when you try boost games that require 10+ people.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi, my message a year later might be a bit weird XD, but I'm new here and this is the latest thread regarding gaming session feedback I could find (in fact via google, as the forum search didn't show me any results). And as far as I understand the guidelines we should start as few new threads as possible. Anyways, is there a deadline for leaving feedback? (A thread from 2017 said something about 24h, but I dunno if the trial session back then still counts.)

The two gaming sessions I joined went quite well, and someone incidentally mentioned the option of leaving feedback. As we had finished before the scheduled date I couldn't do it right away, and now it's a few days later and I can't find the session entry anywhere.

IF it's too late already, I'd appreciate the information where and when to do it next time. Thanks everyone!  

3 minutes ago, Masraght said:

Hi, my message a year later might be a bit weird XD, but I'm new here and this is the latest thread regarding gaming session feedback I could find (in fact via google, as the forum search didn't show me any results). And as far as I understand the guidelines we should start as few new threads as possible. Anyways, is there a deadline for leaving feedback? (A thread from 2017 said something about 24h, but I dunno if the trial session back then still counts.)

The two gaming sessions I joined went quite well, and someone incidentally mentioned the option of leaving feedback. As we had finished before the scheduled date I couldn't do it right away, and now it's a few days later and I can't find the session entry anywhere.

IF it's too late already, I'd appreciate the information where and when to do it next time. Thanks everyone!  

The Feedback features is essentially dead so no need to worry about it. But to answer your questions, you have 24 hours to leave feedback by revisiting the session. I think the rationale was to go to the feedback page right after the session was done and leave the feedback.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48207-trialing-gaming-session-feedback/

You get 24 hours to leave feedback, revisit and you'll see something like this:

LraippN.png

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The Feedback features is essentially dead so no need to worry about it. But to answer your questions, you have 24 hours to leave feedback by revisiting the session. I think the rationale was to go to the feedback page right after the session was done and leave the feedback.

I see, thanks for the quick response! 24 hours really isn't that much, especially if you start in advance and forget the exact date, and I think those two guys have deserved their "rewards". Also I don't want to start my time here as the "selfish" unreliable trophy hunter algorithm-wise... xD I'll try not to worry too much then, as the next chance will come. ^^

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48207-trialing-gaming-session-feedback/

It's a shame it's dead honestly as I personally think it'd be a great idea to implement, especially in the boosting sessions current state where there are so many no-shows or people that just leave the second they get the trophy & say fuck everyone else. It'd help people creating sessions be able to prioritize specific people for boosting with it or only have people with a certain rep % join. I can understand why it was abandoned though & how if it were to ever come back, it'd probably on one of the lowest rungs of priorities, but I think it'd be nice to have it back personally.

Can't believe that this thread was revived, but yes, it would be nice to give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback for the gaming sessions.  I've had some suck ass sessions, great sessions and some that were, well, no enthusiasm at all.  I can see why they disabled the review process because there are some really toxic people out there that just like to slam others, whether warranted or not.

My biggest complaint are people who set up the sessions and don't bother to show up or give us a heads up.  

• Like 2