Vita Platinum Summer (Real trophy hunter shit) -All done, thanks for playing

Got a couple of easy ones (I have no shame, I like watching numbers go up!) and the train keeps rolling!

Sdb3974.png

Grass Cutter: A decent enough arcade game in the vein of Crush Roller or Wiping (what, you've never heard of Wiping?).  It's kinda fun but it does get a bit frustrating by the end.  Maybe I was just getting impatient.

S27eea5.png

Pachi Pachi On A Roll:  A easy sleazy strip pachinko game.  it's so stupid.  One of the dumbest games I've played in a long while and I had way too much fun with it.  It's not a game I'd call "good" but I got sucked into it.  Pretty luck based at times, considering it's pachinko, but it's doable.

Currently, I'm picking away at Madden NFL 13.  I figure I should work towards at least a somewhat respectable platinum at some point and I've had this one sitting on my shelf for years unplayed.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 23

100%: 3

• Like 1

UPDATE:

:platinum:

35) Fifty Words by POWGI (EU)

36) Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI (EU)

37) Word Maze by POWGI (EU)

38) Just a Phrase by POWGI (EU)

39) Crypto by POWGI (EU)

40) Alphaset by POWGI (EU)

OVERALL TOTAL :platinum:: 40

Edited by cr1s
Added platinum icon. How could I forget about it? Shame on me!

And just got around to finishing up the Vita version of Pic-a-Pix Color, so that would be my first :platinum: for this for a total count of 1 so far

And while not a plat game, I 100%d Touch my Katamari (which I hadn't played for years...) earlier this month, kinda nice to get back to and finish up old games.... so also 1 100% so far

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

Smashed through a couple more easy ones!

S6b1622.png

Explosive Jake:  A bland Bomberman clone that didn't seem to understand what made the original Bomberman games fun.  It's not terrible but it wasn't a lot of fun.

Sd4a28c.png

Epic Word Search Collection:  It's exactly what you'd expect.  Word searches!  Easy to exploit the hint system to get the trophies really fast.  It'll be a good one for a trip in the future though, especially with some music on in the background or something.  Don't expect anything but word searches and you'll be fine.

S94a1bc.png

Fairune:  Just a 100% and no plat but it's a decent enough game.  A kind of mix of Zelda and early Ys in a very stripped down way.  It's simple but it can get kind of frustrating with how obscure the puzzles can be.  The final boss turns into a shmup and it felt unfair since there was nothing else in the game like that.

Still working on Madden NFL 13.  I'm getting through it!  It's down to the last few luck based ones that will just be a grind but nothing impossible.  I might try to get that to be my 175th Plat so the milestone is something better than the Pantsu Hunter trash that was my 150th one.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 25

100%: 4

3 hours ago, visvoer18 said:

ok I cleaned up soul sacrifice last week so thats a plat

and I just got rocketbirds hardoiled chicken  plat as well so thats 2 for me

A couple of good gets!  Congrats!

5 hours ago, FrumpleOrz said:

Smashed through a couple more easy ones!

S6b1622.png

Explosive Jake:  A bland Bomberman clone that didn't seem to understand what made the original Bomberman games fun.  It's not terrible but it wasn't a lot of fun.

Sd4a28c.png

Epic Word Search Collection:  It's exactly what you'd expect.  Word searches!  Easy to exploit the hint system to get the trophies really fast.  It'll be a good one for a trip in the future though, especially with some music on in the background or something.  Don't expect anything but word searches and you'll be fine.

S94a1bc.png

Fairune:  Just a 100% and no plat but it's a decent enough game.  A kind of mix of Zelda and early Ys in a very stripped down way.  It's simple but it can get kind of frustrating with how obscure the puzzles can be.  The final boss turns into a shmup and it felt unfair since there was nothing else in the game like that.

Still working on Madden NFL 13.  I'm getting through it!  It's down to the last few luck based ones that will just be a grind but nothing impossible.  I might try to get that to be my 175th Plat so the milestone is something better than the Pantsu Hunter trash that was my 150th one.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 25

A couple of good gets!  Congrats!

thanks I dont have nearly as much options as most since I dont do digital games  unless free  and I played  most doible vita physical ones already. and most play asia games I cnat get either I want to keep my full play asia set sealed since I have a fuly seaed set for that. I cna play some though if the physical has a seperate trophy list I cna borrow those from my friend.  I am already working on plat 150 after that I am gonna go realy fast for a bit since I bought a huge lot with japanese novels plat in 5 /20 minutes.  or 100% depending on the game:P

after that it will most likely die down a bit again altough I do wanna do those play asia yumutsu games  but I wnat to do those as intended at least the first one   the 2nd one depends on how good or bad it is.  so they probatly take a while as well

S57b434.pngLEGO Jurassic World

Finally got this platinum. LEGO games are so boring nowadays. I used to enjoy smashing stuff but not anymore, and going through 12, much less 24 levels(as the LEGO Harry Potter games make you do) is tedious. Also, the 2 billion studs trophy can go die in a fire. ?

Total Vita Plats: 22

Gonna take a breather. Don't know where to go next.

6 hours ago, visvoer18 said:

Don't expect anything but word searches and you'll be fine.

I've played POWGI. I know what to expect. xD

On 4/22/2021 at 6:38 PM, cr1s said:

35) Fifty Words by POWGI (EU)

36) Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI (EU)

37) Word Maze by POWGI (EU)

38) Just a Phrase by POWGI (EU)

39) Crypto by POWGI (EU)

40) Alphaset by POWGI (EU)

Oh my stars! I feel so sorry for you. :(

• Like 1

My third Vita platinum is...

Lbc4dcc.png

I have a bunch of cross play games in my Vita download list so I'll need to figure out what I want to do next. I still need to reconnect my PS3 and PS4 and I have a PS5 still new in the box. Anyway, all in good fun.

Total Vita Platinums :platinum:: 3

Total Vita ?%: 1 

Edited by JungleCat20

My first Vita platinum for the event:

L9ca196.png

Absolutely adored this game, I'd even put it above Persona 5 for the amount of fun I had and how involved I got in the story.  Seems I had a relatively easy time with Hardcore Risette Fan too, I kept track of the lines heard in a spreadsheet but I didn't really have to farm anything - it popped at 269 lines on the first floor of the Heaven dungeon on my first playthrough.  I had a great time going through NG+ too, I decided to make an ultimate Yoshitsune and also farmed some equipment from the Reaper ^_^  Bit sad this is over though now but there is always more Persona for me to play at some point (Persona 5 Royal and Strikers)

• Like 3

I forgot to mention it here but I did get my first Vita Plat for this event the other day. 

Sade260.png

For some it may not be an exciting plat, but for me it took over a year to get it crossed off as I just sucked at it for some reason. Now it is gone and I refuse to ever play the stack of it. Enjoy all with your goals. 

• Like 1

Whoo!  Got to total platinum number #175 today!  That's a good number!

S038494.png

Blind Men: As a cishet dude who isn't into fantasy romance, I am very clearly not the target audience for this visual novel but I can appreciate it for what it was.  It's short and easy to get through at least.  It felt a little fanfictiony in the writing but I'm sure the people that are into this style of story will enjoy it a bit!

S771d0e.png

Madden NFL 13: Wow!  I actually got a platinum trophy that was in the single digits for rarity percentage.  Been a while since I've done that!  It was actually kind of fun, especially since it's the first time I've spent any amount of time on a football game since Sega's NFL 2K2 way back in the day.  I see what people like about the game but I'm probably not going to go down that sports gaming rabbit hole any time soon.  Number 175 is a decent milestone!

Time to go run and watch a movie!  I should probably move a bit after getting Madden finished this morning, heh.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 27

• Like 1

Double post!  Got a couple of games finished.  Nothing amazing.

S45ba1b.png

The Quiet Collection: No platinum, only a 100% but it's a charming adventure game about getting everything to be quiet.  It's four short games packaged together that only have a few screens to finish.  Some of the puzzle logic didn't make sense to me but it mostly made sense.  It was just pleasant and nice!

Sf32a61.png

Gods of Almagest: Quite simply, this may be the worst game I've ever played.  I say this as someone who owns Plumbers Don't Wear Ties on 3DO and a complete collection of the Tiger Game Com carts.  I've spent quite a bit of time in the dregs of itch.io too.  The core idea is decent, as a version of the old Dots And Boxes paper and pencil game but the execution is so awful.  It's incomplete and unfair.  It doesn't function like it should.  The missiles are completely random and can kill you without warning.  It's an incredibly frustrating experience and the person who published the game in this state should be ashamed.  It's simply bad and there's no way they didn't know it.  Do not spend money on this.  You will not enjoy a single second of it.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 28

100%: 5

Edited by FrumpleOrz
  • Like 1

Finally an update for me. My PSNow subscription ends in a couple days and I don't intended to start anything new on it so I should be able to be more active from here on out!

Le05680.png

100% - Chronovolt

An old PS+ game. Decided to knock it out since it will be affected by the messaging service ending on Vita. Floaty controls and an increasingly bad frame rate in the later levels made this kind of annoying. Overall fairly easy game though.

L1880d8.png

100% - It's Sping Again

By the same people who did One Eyed Kutkh. Its an educational kids game. You can literally put it on auto-play and walk away for 5 minutes and you you get 4 new trophies and a 100%. I honestly feel pretty dirty about this one. But that's okay because I followed it up with...

L4938b1.png

100% - Surge Deluxe

A massive monotonous grind. Literally has a trophy called Grinder Man where you have to break 100,000 blocks. You will have all the other trophies done in 5-6 hours and then you will have another 10-20 hours of playing to get Grinder Man. Its a shame because the rest of the trophies were well made, challenging but not bullshit. Instead of recommending this though I can't honestly tell anyone to suffer through Grinder Man.

Total Plats: 0

Total 100%: 5

It's time to get some plats I think!

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 2

I've knocked out this bunch of EZPZ games in my Vita download list with many more to go:

1. S068ec1.png

2. Sf1bae8.png

3. Sb21a7f.png

4. S038494.png

5. S97bda2.png

6. Se09248.png

7. S1c0555.png

8. Seb5440.png

9. S5fe9c4.png

10. Sa9e0d0.png

11. S3b3f5c.png

12. S9f3356.png

13. S41bcfd.png

Total Vita Platinums :platinum:: 16

Total Vita ?%: 1 

Edited by JungleCat20
Added game.
  • Like 1

On 24/04/2021 at 5:22 PM, faint-magician2 said:

Not sure if this helps, but here's a bunch of games I had on my Vita list for when the Store closed:

Child of Light

Mary Skelter
Disgaea
Unepic
Secret of Mana
Lux Obscura
One More Dungeon
YS: MEMORIES OF CELCETA
Severed (will probably get the Drinkbox Collection)
PSYCHO-PASS: MANDATORY HAPPINESS
LONDON DETECTIVE MYSTERIA
AMNESIA: MEMORIES
Persona 4 Golden
Sly Cooper Trilogy + the 4th game
Minecraft
Spirit Hunter Ng
Adentures of Mana
Bonds of the Skies
Sir Eatsalot 
Firefly Diary (Yomawari bundle)
Invizimals
Oceanhorn
Count Lucanor
Batman Blackgate
Butchers Slayaway Camp
Dokuro
Jacob Jones
Home
Norman
CONCEPTION II: CHILDREN OF THE SEVEN STARS 
DISGAEA 3: ABSENCE OF DETENTION
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

Tokyo Tattoo Girls
VALHALLA KNIGHTS 3
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tearaway
VA-11 HALL-A
Fata Morgana
Deer God
Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Unit 13
DUNGEON HUNTER: ALLIANCE
Gravity Rush
Shu
God of War Collection
Takotan
Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
Demon's Tier
Riddled Corpses
Xenon Valkyrie
Velocibox
Towerfall Ascension
Demon Gaze
Axiom Verge
Back to Bed
Loot Action Packed
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Revenant Saga
Mind 0
MeiQ

I apologize if some of these might be repeated or truncated versions of the full names (these are in my own personal spreadsheet and I know what I'm referring to). I've already bought a few of these.

Also, you can check out my profile if you like, if you want some others: https://psnprofiles.com/baboon_overlord?pf=vita

On 24/04/2021 at 5:22 PM, faint-magician2 said:

Just went through your PSN profile again. Get Color Slayer. That game is brilliant. You will probably hate it at first, like I did, but then you will be completely addicted. In my opinion, a fantastic game. It's also a perfect Vita game.

Plus it's cross buy so you get it for PS4 too. Plus it has two trophy lists.

Did I mention it's ridiculously cheap?

Buy it now. You'll hate me at first but you'll love me later. ☺️

Eh, Color Slayer would've been decent if it actually did anything different.  It's only a couple of different pieces that repeat over and over on the rail so it gets stale really fast.  I got the plat a couple weeks ago and I regretted spending the couple of bucks on it personally.

2 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

Tokyo Tattoo Girls

I bought this game the day it came out when I was going hardcore on the physical collecting and it's terrible.  I'd recommend staying far far far away from it unless you already know it's your jam.  The plat's unobtainable in the US release too, so take that into consideration.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, faint-magician2 said:

You're right, I do hate it. It was way too difficult for me to complete. Thanks for the list though. Surprised that Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is on Vita.

It's pretty easy if you stick at it. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

I apologise, I may have misspoke regarding Dragon Quest Heroes 2. I copied from my own personal list so it may be inaccurate. I think I meant Dragon Quest Builders, it's the only game on the EU Vita Store.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is on Vita, but it's Japanese language only.

Sorry for the confusion. 

13 hours ago, FrumpleOrz said:

Eh, Color Slayer would've been decent if it actually did anything different.  It's only a couple of different pieces that repeat over and over on the rail so it gets stale really fast.  I got the plat a couple weeks ago and I regretted spending the couple of bucks on it personally.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. Still, a Plat is a Plat. ☺️

Tokyo Tattoo Girls

I bought this game the day it came out when I was going hardcore on the physical collecting and it's terrible.  I'd recommend staying far far far away from it unless you already know it's your jam.  The plat's unobtainable in the US release too, so take that into consideration.

Thanks you for the tip. I'll check out some gameplay footage and see if I still want it. It sounded quite interesting.