Alan Wake 2

Abby_TheLastofUs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Real_Colinio said:

Trophy list is out: 

https://www.powerpyx.com/alan-wake-2-trophy-list-revealed/?traffic_source=Connatix

67 trophies with 0 golds. Looks like a very easy plat. 

That looks way too easy, wonder if there is more than meets the eye??

Perhaps they're are saving the difficult trophies for the DLC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

That looks way too easy, wonder if there is more than meets the eye??

Perhaps they're are saving the difficult trophies for the DLC

Yeah i was fully expecting a hard difficulty trophy like the remaster had. Maybe the difficulty in this one will come from the collectibles? With the way this game is where you can create your own paths and stories maybe the collectibles will be highly missable. But I guess that would only be hard for guide makers like yourself cause it would take a lot of time to figure stuff out. We'll see in a few days i guess.

Edited by Real_Colinio
  • Like 1

Personally, I enjoy a challenge. Thats what trophy hunting is all about. Triple A games all have ridiculously easy plats nowadays and its throughly disappointing. They do it to satisfy the casuals who play their games, yet Casuals just dismiss them. And us trophy hunters are left with a crummy list.

Also no physical release!???? 

I was gonna support Remedy and pay full price but thats over. No intention of buying digital at full price. I'll only buy digital in a deep, deep sale.

Having just come off the remaster of the original I'm really excited for this one.

Looks incredible, and Remedy never misses AFAIC.

Pending reviews, I'll probably get this later next month.  Hopefully, the framerate is solid, and when I say "solid" I mean 60FPS...unlike a certain other "Solid" game that had the cheek to release a "remaster" in 30fps... but that aint my business though.

On 10/19/2023 at 2:36 AM, Ninailez said:

Personally, I enjoy a challenge. Thats what trophy hunting is all about. Triple A games all have ridiculously easy plats nowadays and its throughly disappointing. They do it to satisfy the casuals who play their games, yet Casuals just dismiss them. And us trophy hunters are left with a crummy list.

They dismiss them because they're not accessible and don't respect the player's time.  Notice how most Sony first party games have really high plat percentages from casuals? That's because the trophy lists enhance the experience, as opposed to detract from it. A good platinum is neither "difficult" nor "easy". A good platinum is one that encourages the player to explore a little bit of everything while demanding that you understand all the systems and mechanics within the game completely. Difficulty can force you into improving your understanding of how a game works, but it's not necessarily a plus in and of itself.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Having just come off the remaster of the original I'm really excited for this one.

Looks incredible, and Remedy never misses AFAIC.

Pending reviews, I'll probably get this later next month.  Hopefully, the framerate is solid, and when I say "solid" I mean 60FPS...unlike a certain other "Solid" game that had the cheek to release a "remaster" in 30fps... but that aint my business though.

They dismiss them because they're not accessible and don't respect the player's time.  Notice how most Sony first party games have really high plat percentages from casuals? That's because the trophy lists enhance the experience, as opposed to detract from it. A good platinum is neither "difficult" nor "easy". A good platinum is one that encourages the player to explore a little bit of everything while demanding that you understand all the systems and mechanics within the game completely. Difficulty can force you into improving your understanding of how a game works, but it's not necessarily a plus in and of itself.

I think the game runs at locked 30 fps on consoles...dont think it has a performance mode.

4 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Performance mode was confirmed on PS5.

yeah i just googled it, apparently they claimed the game was "made" to run at 30 fps. i hope its not much of a compromise in terms of atmosphere because this gen really made me get used to play at 50 and is hard to go back even if its a pretty solid 30 fps.

Edited by mephisto3dg

3 minutes ago, mephisto3dg said:

yeah i just googled it, apparently they claimed the game was "made" to run at 30 fps. i hope its not much of a compromise in terms of atmosphere because this gen really made me get used to play at 50 and is hard to go back even if its a pretty solid 30 fps.

Part of me wants to play it in 30fps. I think Remedy makes the best "film" inspired games in the entire industry. I know a lot of people are Kojima fans, but I think Sam Lake is such an innovative creator, it's criminal how much he's slept on. Hopefully AW2 is the game that really puts Remedy on the map for the mainstream.

Since gameplay isn't going to be anywhere near as involved as Alan Wake (OG/Remastered) or Control were, they can get away with 30fps. But everybody will still want 60fps for sure. Two playthroughs for both experiences is something I am going to covet.

16 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Part of me wants to play it in 30fps. I think Remedy makes the best "film" inspired games in the entire industry. I know a lot of people are Kojima fans, but I think Sam Lake is such an innovative creator, it's criminal how much he's slept on. Hopefully AW2 is the game that really puts Remedy on the map for the mainstream.

Since gameplay isn't going to be anywhere near as involved as Alan Wake (OG/Remastered) or Control were, they can get away with 30fps. But everybody will still want 60fps for sure. Two playthroughs for both experiences is something I am going to covet.

Indeed, Remedy games writting is so good and complimented with the graphics/art design it really pulls you in the games world. Even if their games werent actually survival horror games surely had some creepy and disturbing moments. 

Also the way they fit gameplay elements into the narrative its so good, i havent seen many games accomplish that so seamlessly.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 1:53 AM, Real_Colinio said:

Yeah i was fully expecting a hard difficulty trophy like the remaster had. Maybe the difficulty in this one will come from the collectibles? With the way this game is where you can create your own paths and stories maybe the collectibles will be highly missable. But I guess that would only be hard for guide makers like yourself cause it would take a lot of time to figure stuff out. We'll see in a few days i guess.

In fairness, Nightmare mode in the original game was a bit of a misnomer, since it was pretty much identical to Normal mode anyways - the only real difference was some extra collectibles.

It's not very easy to make a "hard mode" for a game like the original Alan Wake, because without an XP mechanic, there isn't any reason to actually kill the enemies, you are mostly just stunning and running past them - so making them take more ammo to kill didn't really make any difference. :dunno:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mephisto3dg said:

Yeah, the whole "it was made with 30fps in mind" is concerning (hence why I'm waiting on reviews). I know there will be a performance mode but I wouldn't be surprised if it's wobbly. And yeah, I'm the same - once you play in higher framerates it's hard to go back. With old games it's not so bad because the graphics are less detailed but with newer games it's unbearable. I love Starfield but I never got over how framey it was.