Immortals The Lost Gods DLC

Ac3dUd3-

I really liked this game, I enjoyed DLC 1 and DLC 2 had a boring story but at least it was more of the fun gameplay I enjoyed.

Today I started DLC 3 and holy shit it's bad. I mean, people buy a game with the expectation of it being something (a classic third-person Ubisoft action adventure), and the DLC being more of it, perhaps with a twist... But this is completely different. I hate this with a passion, in the first hour alone I lost count of how many times I tried to move the camera to a less "suffocating" angle, plus everything is different from what I thought was fun (combat, exploration), resource management is incredibly more complex, and you need currency to save the game. Like WTF. I understand that in some games all of this works, but vanilla Immortals was not one of these games, and even though I got the season pass when it was discounted, it still annoys me I paid money for this.

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely think the difficultly of the "full house" trophy was supremely exaggerated. I finished with a couple thousand extra of each resource even after fully upgrading. Unless you're B-lining straight to the main story quest collecting enough resources really isn't that hard if you do some exploring. 

Edited by JunkSkelington

16 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

I agree with most here that the forced camera angle has made an otherwise pretty fun DLC kind of awful.  A game isn't fun or challenging when it's only challenging because you have implemented bad controls.  If they left the camera unlocked this would have easily been the best DLC of the 3.

I completely agree with this. I’m having a lot of fun with the build system. I’m currently running stamina regeneration on my heroic dash and at times I’m able to charge 9/10 times for monstrous damage. I’ve been playing this game with a ‘no hit’ playstyle and this DLC has made that near on impossible to achieve. A definite increase in difficulty but the right build seems to trivialise that. 

• 1 month later...

I'm enjoying this DLC so far.  A new God was a fun DLC, the second one I started getting burnt out because it felt like more of the same from the core game.  This third DLC actually feels pretty fresh and I've been enjoying it for what it is.  Not trying to rush through it but I could see it being frustrated for someone that is just trying to get through it for the trophies.

• 1 month later...

Just throwing another coal on the fire, this DLC is probably the worst experience I've ever had in gaming. Pure hot garbage with ridiculous design decisions. Stinks of low-effort cash grab. Avoid it like the plague unless you're a glutton for punishment.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 4:12 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

pretty much everything about this game was a mind numbing chore, and I know that can be said about many games and trophies especially. But I hated this so much. glad someone enjoyed it.

I had pretty much the same experience.  It was full of frustration and repetitive tasks.  I somewhat enjoyed the story, but the gameplay and huge focus on the tartarus puzzles made it far less enjoyable than I was hoping for and I never even bothered buying the DLCs.

Edited by wafflestomper810

2 hours ago, wafflestomper810 said:

I had pretty much the same experience.  It was full of frustration and repetitive tasks.  I somewhat enjoyed the story, but the gameplay and huge focus on the tartarus puzzles made it far less enjoyable than I was hoping for and I never even bothered buying the DLCs.

the thing I hated especially, was close to the end of the story, the final area that that nullifying mist shit that prevents you from maintaining stamina so you have to go the slowest way round a area already convoluted. And one of the DLCs was just non stop challenges, all of which twice as involved, long or annoying then anything from the base game and it went on for hours, days. 

some games make 100% completion indentured servitude. this was definitely one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

the thing I hated especially, was close to the end of the story, the final area that that nullifying mist shit that prevents you from maintaining stamina so you have to go the slowest way round a area already convoluted. And one of the DLCs was just non stop challenges, all of which twice as involved, long or annoying then anything from the base game and it went on for hours, days. 

I have found that Ubisoft want to keep gouging you for money by always cranking out dlc.  The assassin's creed series is a perfect example.

• 9 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

glad im not the only one. Tried it thinking itll be similar to breath of the wild and damn this game sucks. Everything is gated by a puzzle, including other puzzles. It’s bad puzzle Inception. I dont remember when was the last time i hated a game this much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taekwonbrando said:

glad im not the only one. Tried it thinking itll be similar to breath of the wild and damn this game sucks. Everything is gated by a puzzle, including other puzzles. It’s bad puzzle Inception. I dont remember when was the last time i hated a game this much.

i understand that brother, take breaks play soimething short, hard and fun at the same time like Rive or Valfaris or Slain back from hell, something amazing you'll really like. because the closer you get to the end the worse the puzzles get, and the dlc is way worse then everything from the base game combined. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I found this to be alright tbf, and it seems the point of this DLC being an old school top down RPG was missed by lots of people

Most of the sting finding crystal shards can be taken out by using mapgenie, i only need 1500 more yellow (about 6 shards) and i can sign this one off

• 4 months later...

I've enjoyed this third dlc (and last ever Fenyx entry supposedly) so far.  It's not my favourite of the three, but all three have been super creative imo, be it the puzzle variety, the game mechanics that get added as you play, and the significant difference from one dlc to the next, and then all three verses the original game.  I've found comments earlier in thread unnecessarily rude when being critical.