POWGI Joins The PS5 Family! Thoughts?

johnclark12

It's been a while since we had the last POWGI game, which was PS4 exclusive. The ones prior to that were cross-buy for Vita & PS4.

It looks like moving forward the games will now be cross-buy for PS5 & PS4.

The game releases on April 27, likely for $7.99 as that is what every other edition has been at release. Make new words by changing one letter at a time. The goal is to turn one word into another using only a limited number of steps.

The games can usually be completed in under 2-3 hours with a guide or much longer if you play the word games legitimately. It came out on 3DS a while ago, below is a video of gameplay. What do you guys think about POWGI coming to the PS5 scene with cross-buy games? Will you be buying?

Edited by johnclark12
  • Like 3

Aaaaand there goes my plans to get every platinum in every NA stack of the POWGI series, at least for the time being. I have little interest in a PS5, and this definitely isn't enough to change my mind. But hey, props to the devs for making their first PS5 game. I'm still going to get the PS4 version at some point.

I can confirm the price will be $7.99 with cross-buy for PS4 and PS5.

For this version, we added a bunch of new puzzles to the content from the 3DS version. 

Looks like my platinum run (on the PS4 version) took 32 minutes - but I do know all the answers already...:)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, luckydonut said:

For this version, we added a bunch of new puzzles to the content from the 3DS version. 

Looks like my platinum run (on the PS4 version) took 32 minutes - but I do know all the answers already...:)

POWGI on PS5 is almost as exciting as an announcement for Block-a-Pix 2! ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luckydonut said:

Donut. Would you consider remastered all previous POWGI games on PS5?

• Like 1

On 18-4-2021 at 2:13 PM, luckydonut said:

Not out of the question, but probably not worthwhile with backwards compatibility working so well.

Now the PS Vita store stays open longer, is there a chance we'll see this and Roundout on PSVita?

I really like playing them on my Vita when I'm on holiday :) 

2 hours ago, Kolm said:

Now the PS Vita store stays open longer, is there a chance we'll see this and Roundout on PSVita?

I really like playing them on my Vita when I'm on holiday :) 

I don't think the announcement affects deadlines and processes for submitting new games, it's just for purchasing existing ones. Sorry, we're not rushing through a version of Roundout - we've shifted now to PS4/PS5 instead of PS4/Vita.

On 20-4-2021 at 3:52 PM, luckydonut said:

I don't think the announcement affects deadlines and processes for submitting new games, it's just for purchasing existing ones. Sorry, we're not rushing through a version of Roundout - we've shifted now to PS4/PS5 instead of PS4/Vita.

Bummer but... understandable, I could only hope for so much :)