"We will make sure that the PS5 generation will have more dedicated software than ever before", according to Sony boss Jim Ryan.

Aranea Highwind

On 4/27/2021 at 7:26 AM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Not gonna happen. Squaresoft published over 50 games on PSone alone. Most of them were exclusives. Today ND makes 2 games during whole gen. Studio Japan is closed, Evolution is closed and Studio Liverpool is dead. Bend will join them in few years for sure.

Shame about Bend. Their handheld exclusive (Uncharted: Golden Abyss) was pretty decent. I'll be playing Days Gone in the near future and finally see what the fuzz was about.

No more Knack, no more Last Guardian.

• Like 1

No, exclusives are a good thing, and pretty much required if Sony wants to stay afloat.

Imagine, if you will, that Bloodborne  or Gran Turismo Sport came on PC, that would mean pc players would have access to the full experience  while I would need to pay the  online for it. I'm basically punished by Sony for buying their console  and playing the games they had an hand in it.

• Like 1

I have no reason to buy a PS5, ever, as it stands. I am assuming that PS Now will one day host R&C: Rifts Apart, and beyond that there are no exclusives that I am interested in that have been announced. Anything else I'll play on my PC.

It's unannounced 1st Party titles exclusive to PS5 that have me curious. If they finally dip back into old IPs I will at the very least reconsider, so long as the developers are faithful to what made those games good. It doesn't even have to be the original developer carrying on their old games, like what Sanzaru did for Sly was amazing and I couldn't have asked for better; a 3rd Party or indie company picking up Jak & Daxter or Ape Escape or any of the Japan Studios titles would make me much happier than a remake of another unecessary 3rd person, over-the-shoulder, photo realistic walking simulator "remaster" (port) or an online, cross platform battle royale.

7 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

No, exclusives are a good thing, and pretty much required if Sony wants to stay afloat.

Imagine, if you will, that Bloodborne  or Gran Turismo Sport came on PC, that would mean pc players would have access to the full experience  while I would need to pay the  online for it. I'm basically punished by Sony for buying their console  and playing the games they had an hand in it.

So exclusives are a good thing because Sony forces you to pay for online?

32 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

So exclusives are a good thing because Sony forces you to pay for online?

I think he's saying that the bad will generated by porting their exclusives with online content to a platform with free online would hurt the brand and create dissension among the userbase.  Thereby... fore... exclusives are good.

It's not a great point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I think he's saying that the bad will generated by porting their exclusives with online content to a platform with free online would hurt the brand and create dissension among the userbase.  Thereby... fore... exclusives are good.

It's not a great point.

Thank god none of you decide anything, other than how to insult a random changeable spokesman like Jimbo, as with this attitude whatever company you'd  create would burst in flames,  and I mean, I'm not on Sony's level by a long shot, but  at least I'm still  afloat with mine, but let's  go in order:

Really? Not a great point?

Avoiding Playstation punishing customers would  be a bad point? What are even the "good" points in this thread? An arbitrary  "games have to be good"? I gave you something tangible in why  having Sony stopping  doing exclusives would damage the brand, but most importantly its customers, unlike videogames  when 98% of customers are always happy whatever AAA game comes out, I gave you money, as in, if I want to support, or hell, just buy  Sony and its platform, I need to spend more, for no reason at all, since now I'm also prone to find  people on Steam with their cheat codes on online thanks to crossplay. Money, the one and only thing  that matters in this conversation, I don't  want to spend more because Sony thinks it can get away charging more those that bought THEIR fucking console to play the games THEY develop/publish.

Now, for the other I  blocked but quoting still sees your  message, no, exclusives aren't  a good thing because Sony forces you to pay, exclusives are a good thing because it's  what Sony offers  that set it apart from PC,  without it, there is no reason  to buy a Playstation  in the first place, even worse, you're  actively punished, as with  crossplay you can face  even people with Steam, and yet, you have to pay. 

Just like people creating a group, a squad, a company, a brand, a state,  a country, why would they even do this? It's because land and resources are finite, so they create a group of people that will net the best raw deal for themselves,  and in the case of Playstation  resources is applicable to what they offer  to the customers, that would be, the console, the exclusives, the programs,  and so on,  I don't  care about Steam users playing  whatever game on Steam, just like they don't  give a shit about me paying plus to play online, something that they  do with no extra fee, I care about the resources, not because I love Jimbo or whatever, but because I spent money in it, if Sony burns away those resources for the install base for greed window dressing as "omgz gamers are finally free to play whatever" that's a fucking problem, no resources, no reason for the Playstation to exist in the first place.

There's  also the fact  that the quality of exclusive would go down, as  Paperclip mentioned, alongside  more predatory schemes, because competition would be less necessary, so less reasons to act as a "good boy".

Ah, but you know, what even is the point of explaining these things, when I could have just said "you don't fool me with your sweet words Jimbo, you and your lootboxes, Yong out" for easy to digest messages...

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed insults
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Imagine if both game's where cross platform? Everyone just loves the PC cheaters on Warzone after all, the game that killed Call Of Duty.

52 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Now, for the other I  blocked but quoting still sees your  message, no, you dysfunctional "egoist" kid out of a late '00 emo scene [...] Now, I know you're  roleplaying as Karl Marx from your signature, so you kinda need to be on welfare, dependent on other people to stay alive, abandon your family, and waste away your life going on a tirade on the corporations maaan,  while at the same time being a slave and accomplice to late stage capitalism, BUT,  just this once, instead of your usual  response,   how about you  view the things by a modicum of resources?

You been watching a lot of Ben Shapiro lately?

9 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

It's not a great point.

Yeah, I figured. It boils down to "exclusives are good because otherwise I would have no reason to play on a platform where I'm forced to pay for online." In which case, I think the obvious problem would be paying for online, not exclusives being ported to PC?

Like, I'm pretty attached to Playstation now and unless they get very consumer unfriendly in the near future I probably won't leave them, but that doesn't obligate me to to defend every anti-consumer decision they make. And, mind you, there are a few reasons that exclusives can be good; e.g. as system sellers they go on sale faster, they're optimized for the hardware, etc; but "people should be forced to pay for online, just like I am!" isn't one of them.

3 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Really? Not a great point?

Avoiding Playstation punishing customers would  be a bad point? 

Taking drugs isn't a good thing because it avoided time spent murdering people. Even if there's some truth to it, and murder is the worse of both evils, they're both still bad things... or at the very least, it's not a great point.

Edited by Dreakon13