rjkclarke's Carnival of Diamonds and Rust

rjkclarke

4 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Thanks man!

I would call it a labour of love - but nothing about writing that was laborious - the version of Monkey Island that's been sitting on one of my shelves for years is the exact same copy that I played with her all those years ago, so it still gets dusted off occasionally.

about-schmidt-drama.gif

You know, Seinfeld is something I really have to educate myself on - I've not really seen enough of it, it didn't get repeated all that much over here, or if it did, it wasn't anywhere I was aware of, so I kind of stumbled into it a bit later on, but I feel like that's one of those things I need to really dive into, because it always gets such universal praise.

It's definitely worth your time, I think you'd enjoy it! Or you wouldn't, and could be like "y'know, I didn't care for Seinfeld."

...upon re-reading this, I would like to register my previous statement as "Most Useless Comment Ever."

Speaking of Cam Clarke - I don't know if you've seen this but Cam Clarke had this up on his YouTube channel a few years back around Christmas

It's a funny little bit from himself and David Hayter - I remember showing this to one of my friends and he loved it too. I was going to send you this at Christmas, but you might have seen it anyway, and I'm clearly impatient haha 1f602.png......... You might like this too @Slavaif you've never seen it.

My favourite Cam Clarke performance is actually from Tales of Symphonia - I don't think Kratos (not angry bald fanny in a loincloth, a different one, 1f606.png) would have half as much nuance, and depth if he didn't have Cam Clarke's voice attached to it, he is absolutely outstanding in that game!

You're right too, there isn't a world of difference between Leonardo and Liquid Snake - there's something very very, distinctive about the way he says certain words, that you can't help but notice it.

I loved this! And there's that Tales series again... I actually bought Vesperia for the 360 but never played it.

D'oh.

All this talk I've been seeing about Tales games, particularly in the challenge thread, get me thinkin about that game. And now a familiar voice in Symphonia??

....I gotta think about this.

Great to hear you're having a great time with those respective games too. I really have got to play The Witness at some point - Doc's review pretty much cemented for me that I'd have a great time with it, I just haven't quite gotten around to starting it yet.

I'd highly recommend both, to be honest. Finishing up Miami and I'm putting on my big boy pants and tackling the end of The Witness this week. That game makes me feel like my brain is doing an unending repetition of squats or something, but figuring shit out feels incredible!

I'm a bit bummed out I can't really ever do any reviews on Syberia on here - I've never bothered to play the PS3 version, as the 100% is unobtainable in the version of Syberia 2 that's in our region store, so I'd have to make a US account then buy that version just to be able to review it, but I quite enjoyed those Syberia titles when I played them back in the day. I've not played the third one yet, so I guess I'll just leave that as a maybe for now.

Ummm.... sir.

This is your thread, you can write about whatever you'd like! If I can write about The Godfather, there's no reason you can't write about Syberia! Think about it man, cuz I'll bet you could put together a bad ass lil write-up?

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I really like when updated games do this - though  I end up in ADHD mode - flipping between them in every scene 1f602.png

Not the same game, but the same idea - Medievil did that as well, including the classic game along with the original, and I too ended up playing through the old version to compare and contrast! So I can confirm along with Mr. Clarke, you're definitely not alone there!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

It's a funny little bit from himself and David Hayter - I remember showing this to one of my friends and he loved it too. I was going to send you this at Christmas, but you might have seen it anyway, and I'm clearly impatient haha 1f602.png......... You might like this too @Slavaif you've never seen it.

Yep, I haven't. But I have now! I like seeing them voice these characters for fun. I've seen videos of David Hayter memeing around with Snake's voice like this one https://youtu.be/ixWybGQnPHQ ?. I think this meme even transcended the Metal Gear fanbase. He also did Big Smoke's order in Snake's voice: https://youtu.be/KG3-ZbywLFc.

MGS must be one of the most memed game franchizes, and I love it.

4e7.jpg

• Like 1

On 01/11/2021 at 4:33 PM, YaManSmevz said:

It's definitely worth your time, I think you'd enjoy it! Or you wouldn't, and could be like "y'know, I didn't care for Seinfeld."

...upon re-reading this, I would like to register my previous statement as "Most Useless Comment Ever."

Haha! I make plenty of those myself!

It is on Netflix so I might have to start from the beginning and dive right on in.

I loved this! And there's that Tales series again... I actually bought Vesperia for the 360 but never played it.

D'oh.

All this talk I've been seeing about Tales games, particularly in the challenge thread, get me thinkin about that game. And now a familiar voice in Symphonia??

....I gotta think about this.

Well, I'll always try and find a way to bring the conversation around to the Tales series ?........ However, Symphonia is kind of an odd one - it might be a better place to start, because it's gameplay is so archaic that going back to it after playing more recent ones would probably genuinely hamper the experience. Even if I do think the gameplay is worth enduring, it's one of my favourite video game stories ever.

If you don't fancy diving into the PS3 though, you couldn't go wrong with picking up the PS4 version of Tales of Vesperia, that's another great entry in that series, and it's usually on offer for a pretty decent price too.

I'm glad you enjoyed that video as well - I've seen it a few times over the years and it's always a pretty fun little watch.

I'd highly recommend both, to be honest. Finishing up Miami and I'm putting on my big boy pants and tackling the end of The Witness this week. That game makes me feel like my brain is doing an unending repetition of squats or something, but figuring shit out feels incredible!

Noted! They both sound awesome. I will have to bump at least The Witness a little higher up the list - maybe time to start busting out the swaps for the backlog challenge. ?

Not the same game, but the same idea - Medievil did that as well, including the classic game along with the original, and I too ended up playing through the old version to compare and contrast! So I can confirm along with Mr. Clarke, you're definitely not alone there!

That's awesome - I had no idea about that - I might have to do Medievil this month, as its thumbnail is orange, so I could do it as part of the trophies to fight cancer event.

I haven't actually played the first Medievil - oddly, I've only played the second one, I could never find a cheap copy of it when I was younger, so I kind of just let it pass me by, but I've been eyeing up the remake for ages - you might have just nudged me in its direction.

On 01/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, Slava said:

Yep, I haven't. But I have now! I like seeing them voice these characters for fun. I've seen videos of David Hayter memeing around with Snake's voice like this one https://youtu.be/ixWybGQnPHQ 1f601.png. I think this meme even transcended the Metal Gear fanbase. He also did Big Smoke's order in Snake's voice: https://youtu.be/KG3-ZbywLFc.

MGS must be one of the most memed game franchizes, and I love it.

Haha! I've always found that first one really confusing - yet still very funny.

I'd never seen the Big Smoke order one - thanks for posting that. That was pretty funny.

I do worry that's just going to become David Hayters shtick now - just doing everything in the voice of Snake. I kind of wish he'd dabble with screenwriting a bit more. I know he still does - just a bit more would be nice,  he's actually a pretty decent writer - of those quite early comic book movies X-Men 2 or X2 is actually one of the better ones.

Ummm.... sir.

This is your thread, you can write about whatever you'd like! If I can write about The Godfather, there's no reason you can't write about Syberia! Think about it man, cuz I'll bet you could put together a bad ass lil write-up1f60e.png

That's a great point yes! So thanks for the reminder, maybe I'll get around to it in the future then - I do plan on doing one fairly soon that doesn't have trophies, so I guess I could end up doing a few here and there.......Looking forward to that Godfather review by the way, unless you've already written it and I just completely missed it like a total fanny.........

........ Speaking of reviews, I've got another one to put up later, it'll be a bit of a short-ish one, as it's on Letter Quest, which is a game I think you'd probably dig actually...... I just need to finalise a few things before I post it.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

That's a great point yes! So thanks for the reminder, maybe I'll get around to it in the future then - I do plan on doing one fairly soon that doesn't have trophies, so I guess I could end up doing a few here and there

@YaManSmevz‘s is right here -

I meant to say this yesterday, but must have got distracted by a bumblebee or something: Regardless of having played them on Playstation specifically or not, with your experience of (and love for) the Adventure game genre, and your flair for writing about them, I can think of few people who are better qualified to wax lyrical on the Siberia games!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I meant to say this yesterday, but must have got distracted by a bumblebee or something:

Must be those big fuzzy arses that they have ?

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Regardless of having played them on Playstation specifically or not, with your experience of (and love for) the Adventure game genre, and your flair for writing about them, I can think of few people who are better qualified to wax lyrical on the Siberia games!

Thanks man - I probably needed to hear that, from you both - in that case - I might go ahead and cover The Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island before I eventually do Tales of Monkey Island much further down the line. It'd be nice to be able to do all of them, instead of just skipping past two of the pretty decent ones, just because they don't have trophies in them.

and cover the Syberia games as well......... Looks like I need to think of a catchy name for a new section on the first post to put them in xD.

I guess that also gives me the okay to wax lyrical about the Legacy of Kain series  and Eternal Sonata - because I wish  Eternal Sonata was talked about more. Especially about  how staggeringly beautiful and serene that game is in places, so maybe I ought to give it some focus. - it's cruel, that as it has no trophies, most of us trophy hunter folk would probably just skim over it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Well, I'll always try and find a way to bring the conversation around to the Tales series 1f606.png........ However, Symphonia is kind of an odd one - it might be a better place to start, because it's gameplay is so archaic that going back to it after playing more recent ones would probably genuinely hamper the experience. Even if I do think the gameplay is worth enduring, it's one of my favourite video game stories ever.

If you don't fancy diving into the PS3 though, you couldn't go wrong with picking up the PS4 version of Tales of Vesperia, that's another great entry in that series, and it's usually on offer for a pretty decent price too.

That is tremendously high praise, as I've a great deal of respect for your opinion (I certainly hope that's been evident thus far!), I'll have to take it under advisement. I have PS3 games to tackle at some point as it is, so I won't rule that out!

Yeah, every time I see Vesperia on sale for like ten bucks I'm like????

11 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That's awesome - I had no idea about that - I might have to do Medievil this month, as its thumbnail is orange, so I could do it as part of the trophies to fight cancer event.

I haven't actually played the first Medievil - oddly, I've only played the second one, I could never find a cheap copy of it when I was younger, so I kind of just let it pass me by, but I've been eyeing up the remake for ages - you might have just nudged me in its direction.

It might still be on sale!

What's funny is that it had been so long since I played them that when I played the remake, I thought levels were missing until I remembered that I was thinking of the second one?

Might be the nostalgia talkin but it's a fun game! Short and sweet, with a total Danny Elfman wannabe soundtrack to boot!

12 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That's a great point yes! So thanks for the reminder, maybe I'll get around to it in the future then - I do plan on doing one fairly soon that doesn't have trophies, so I guess I could end up doing a few here and there.......Looking forward to that Godfather review by the way, unless you've already written it and I just completely missed it like a total fanny.........

Doo it! Doo it!! And absolutely do Legacy of Kain too! Anybody who's been following your thread knows you're passionate about that franchise, and that you can write up a storm - you know it makes sense, don'tcha?

Damn, you might have to start writing a new series!

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll end up writing about The Godfather. I still own copies of it for both the 360 and PS2, and I don't remember but I maay have bought the PS3 version as well.

I have a problem?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Classic Review

LH61c6ed.jpg

Letter Quest Remastered

Hah nice review there xD despite being simple, this was quite the enjoyable game! It really reminds me of Bookworm Adventure on PC (if you have a PC, grab it, it's mad fun and abit more complex). Also kid friendly ?

boomworm-adventures-retrospective.jpg

Also...you're playing Arkham Knight! Damn that's the only game from the Arkham series that I haven't played, need to get to it at some point. Good luck with the challenges :D 

• Like 2

On 03/11/2021 at 6:52 AM, YaManSmevz said:

That is tremendously high praise, as I've a great deal of respect for your opinion (I certainly hope that's been evident thus far!), I'll have to take it under advisement. I have PS3 games to tackle at some point as it is, so I won't rule that out!

I appreciate that man - likewise, I have a great deal of respect for your opinion too, so that's awesome. Funny you mention PS3 titles to tackle, I've actually kind of gotten my PS3 backlog under control a little bit now, so I'm fairly happy with that - even if one of the games I have left could take close to 500 hours. I still do plan on doing that eventually, it'd give me plenty of breathing room to write a lot of reviews I suppose too.

Yeah, every time I see Vesperia on sale for like ten bucks I'm like?1f914.png1f623.png1f62b.png

That's such a steal at that price - that whole game is absolutely awesome - it's my second favourite entry in that series though, so I would say that haha! Symphonia being the top dog of course.

It might still be on sale!

What's funny is that it had been so long since I played them that when I played the remake, I thought levels were missing until I remembered that I was thinking of the second one1f604.png

Might be the nostalgia talkin but it's a fun game! Short and sweet, with a total Danny Elfman wannabe soundtrack to boot!

It is on sale still, so I might have to dive in with that one - plus, Orange thumbnail and all that. So I can just casually play it off as my incentive was to go and smash in cancers kneecaps with a cricket bat for the event - even if I did want to play it anyway. Plus one of my favourite actors is in it, so that'd be a nice bonus too.

You might have just swayed me in that games direction, I'll try and make a point of getting to it this month.

I actually had the same you thing you did with Medievil a few years back when I was playing the Spyro trilogy back, and I was sure levels from other games were in the one I was playing - but I think they'd all just glooped themselves together into a big puddle of sludge in my brain.

absolutely do Legacy of Kain too! Anybody who's been following your thread knows you're passionate about that franchise, and that you can write up a storm - you know it makes sense, don'tcha?

Damn, you might have to start writing a new series!

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll end up writing about The Godfather. I still own copies of it for both the 360 and PS2, and I don't remember but I maay have bought the PS3 version as well.

I have a problem?

You might regret saying that once I actually start :D.......

.......... I was thinking actually of like a suitable name for a series of "trophyless reviews" - so as my thread has carnival in the title, how about calling it something like "Sideshow Attractions" or Freak shows and curiosities"? I don't know maybe that's just a bit too corny even for me, so I'll have a think about that one, I could just y'know call them reviews, like a sensible chap!

I hope you do - because I really quite enjoyed that Godfather game so I'd love to read it that's for sure - and I know I wouldn't be the only one - it might make you want to go and grab the platinum for Godfather II over on PS3 as well - you never know!

On 03/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, Copanele said:

Hah nice review there xD despite being simple, this was quite the enjoyable game! It really reminds me of Bookworm Adventure on PC (if you have a PC, grab it, it's mad fun and abit more complex). Also kid friendly 

Thanks man!

I think I might do that yeah - I just had a little look into it and it has a sequel too. I'm sure someone I went to school with used to play that game - because the minute I saw you'd written Bookworm Adventure, I felt like I'd heard of it before, but I've certainly never played it. I think I'd have a good time with it if it's like a more complex version of Letter Quest.

also........

On 03/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, Copanele said:

you're playing Arkham Knight! Damn that's the only game from the Arkham series that I haven't played, need to get to it at some point. Good luck with the challenges :D 

I am - although I've not delved back into the combat especially yet on my little revisit - I thought it was about time I actually got around to going back to it... You should it's definitely a decent game - even if I'm not the biggest lover of the batmobile. The game itself I remember quite enjoying. So I'm kind of looking forward to diving back in for the Platinum and full completion soon.  I'll take that luck man - because I'm sure I'm going to need it! Send a message to Falkor from Never Ending Story too, just in case I run out - what with him being a luck dragon and all!

I equally should probably go back to Arkham Origins, props for getting that one ticked off yourself by the way!  I don't even know if the online is still available for that game, that's one of the few reasons I haven't picked it back up, as organising loads of folk to all be in one spot for online, can be a real pain sometimes, so I just ran away in fear instead!

If it all goes to plan by the end of Arkham Knight, Falkor can take me home......

.........Like this

neveredning.jpg

I guess I better get back to writing that review for my latest platinum I suppose.

• Like 1

I appreciate that man - likewise, I have a great deal of respect for your opinion too, so that's awesome. Funny you mention PS3 titles to tackle, I've actually kind of gotten my PS3 backlog under control a little bit now, so I'm fairly happy with that - even if one of the games I have left could take close to 500 hours. I still do plan on doing that eventually, it'd give me plenty of breathing room to write a lot of reviews I suppose too.

Thanks man! And that's great about your PS3 backlog getting shaved down some, by the looks of it you've been chippin away at a pretty healthy rate. I'm grateful that I've only got a handful of PS3 games to get into, my hands are full as it is with the PS4! Your mention of breathing room for writing reviews reminds me how on occasion I'm writing a review while thinking that I should be working on a game, or vice versa! Can't win for losin???

It is on sale still, so I might have to dive in with that one - plus, Orange thumbnail and all that. So I can just casually play it off as my incentive was to go and smash in cancers kneecaps with a cricket bat for the event - even if I did want to play it anyway. Plus one of my favourite actors is in it, so that'd be a nice bonus too.

You might have just swayed me in that games direction, I'll try and make a point of getting to it this month.

I actually had the same you thing you did with Medievil a few years back when I was playing the Spyro trilogy back, and I was sure levels from other games were in the one I was playing - but I think they'd all just glooped themselves together into a big puddle of sludge in my brain.

Do tell! My money's on Paul Darrow?

I think I had the same thing with Spyro that I had with late 90s Disney movies, I was at an age where I thought I was too cool for kid friendly stuff. Funny you mention that, though - I had a demo disc with Spyro, Medievil, and Metal Gear Solid (among others) back in the day, I got a lot of mileage out of it! I'm sure that in my inevitable review of Medievil I'll mention it, so... try to look surprised when we get there, yeah?

.......... I was thinking actually of like a suitable name for a series of "trophyless reviews" - so as my thread has carnival in the title, how about calling it something like "Sideshow Attractions" or Freak shows and curiosities"? I don't know maybe that's just a bit too corny even for me, so I'll have a think about that one, I could just y'know call them reviews, like a sensible chap!

I hope you do - because I really quite enjoyed that Godfather game so I'd love to read it that's for sure - and I know I wouldn't be the only one - it might make you want to go and grab the platinum for Godfather II over on PS3 as well - you never know!

I was trying to think of something similar, but I was probably just gonna go with something like "Platinum #nunya GATdamn business" or something equally silly. I'm sure you'll come up with something! If nothing is feeling right, there's nothing wrong with simplicity either!

Also, I meant to compliment your Arkham prowess! I'm still trying to get up the nerve to dust off Asylum and finish those wretched combat challenges... and it's my understanding that Asylum has the easiest of the bunch!

• Like 1

A Magical New Platinum & Another Series finished (For Now).

LH3ca88c.jpg

Platinum #335

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (PS3)

L3af927.png

1Lda45cd.png

Future Auror
Get all Trophies, 100% the game!

A Few Trophy Stats

Platinum Earned - 4 November 2021: 10:59:37 PM

Time Taken to Platinum :  4 days, 20 hours, 3 minutes

Platinum Rarity  - 13.98%

Trophy Number - #16,112

It turns out this game in reality turned out to be one of the most pleasant surprises I’ve had in a long time in a video game. It’s always a daunting prospect playing video game adaptations of films. Especially as the previous game had far more aspects of it that over-burdened it and made it a far less enjoyable experience than elevated it. Here however, quite a few of the wrongs were righted, and I think a genuine effort was made to improve upon some of the weaker aspects of the previous title.

Harold Porter and the Dilapidated Hedgehog Number Two.......  Sorry, sorry. It’s the last one – I had to get at least one of these in..... Ahem – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, is – at the surprise of absolutely nobody, unless they have awakened from a coma they’ve been in since 1997, is the video game adaptation of the final instalment in the Harry Potter film series. Once more the gameplay is that of a third person cover shooter (wander?). Now – you will rarely see me praise EA as a company – and they are very rarely ever associated with crafting many of their products with love. However, this game I believe is one of the rare exceptions.

Before we really get into this though, let me just establish that this is not a fantastic game, it’s a vast improvement on its predecessor – a game which wasn’t bad, it was just outlandishly unremarkable. I’d be lying if I said this was a tremendous feat of gaming brilliance, but it is fun, and I can appreciate the steps they made to improve upon the previous entry.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, introduces the concept of multiple playable characters. In previous games we’ve only been able to play as Horatio Pottery, Roon Wasley and Hammyone Ganja, up to this point. Are all of you Harry Potter fans suitably twitching now that I’ve gotten all those names wrong? Any eagle eyed Harry Potter fans will notice at least one of those is actually from one of the books. Here however, we get introduced to a whole raft of playable characters, you can’t select them, and they all control exactly the same, but it’s at least a nice inclusion. I can’t say that I ever expected or wanted to be able to play as Professor McGonagall, but it was nice to be able to.

Do all the characters look exactly like they should? Unfortunately no, they don’t, somehow Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince still looks visually more appealing than this game does. The level design compared to the previous game however, is a marked improvement, as the variety on display, and attention to detail is impossible not to notice, as it should almost every area feels very distinct.

Unfortunately, the same can’t be said about the character designs themselves, they mostly resemble the actors, they are supposed to, apart from Molly Weasley. I do hope that Julie Walters never played this – because, honestly the best way to describe her likeness in this game would probably be  that of  a really despondent   Owl, that had gotten a gigantic puddle of muddy water kicked into its face, and had the sudden realisation, that mud wasn’t the only nasty smelly thing in that puddle. Alright, so I took a long time to say she looks like a demented owl, but I found it really distracting.

The voice acting on the other hand – is generally of quite a high standard. For the most part at least, I think Adam Sopp performs outrageously well as Harry. It might seem like I’m over praising him, but he sounds so close to Daniel Radcliffe that if you didn’t know it wasn’t him, you’d probably just assume that it was Radcliffe playing the part. That’s no easy feat either, because Radcliffe has a very specific cadence to his voice, that would take a lot of practice to truly master, he has almost a breathiness to how he speaks, so replicating that whilst maintaining the character is very impressive. Alice Keenan provides an equally good portrayal of Hermione, much like with Sopp – if you didn’t know it wasn’t Emma Watson, I don’t think you’d question it. Rupert Grint, actually does play Ron here, so Ron feels about as authentic as you can get.

There’s a moment in the game that’s a huge part of the book and the film, I’ll just say this for any Harry Potter fans that might be reading, just to avoid spoilers for the Harry Potter films for those who haven’t seen them, it’s a scene in the woods, with a stone (you’ll know the one I mean). The fact you control that scene in the game, makes that moment, and that part of the experience all the more powerful, it’s an amazing thing how just the element of control can enhance a sequence like that, and Sopp’s  voice cracking  when he delivers the “Stay with me” line at the end actually hit me pretty hard.

The soundtrack is decent enough – there’s times when it really evokes the sombre funeralistic tone that the final Harry Potter film also has, and then at other times it’s just a little bit too nondescript to really even discuss, which ends up being another element of the game that ends up being slightly inconsistent.

However, for all the great voice performances, there’s a few that really do make your toes curl on occasion. Snape and Voldemort are voiced by the same person, and unfortunately you can tell too, because they sound far too similar. Specifically in the boat house scene – where both characters are communicating with one another and you can tell that it’s just one person in a recording booth throwing his own voice back and forth. Not only do they sound too similar, they don’t really sound like either character either, so that only elevated the problem further.

I have to apply the same criticism that I did to the performance of Bellatrix Lestrange in my review of the previous game, which is that it just doesn’t quite work, the voice actress is pretty good in other performances of hers I’ve heard, but her portrayal of Bellatrix is just “generic mad” instead of wild and dangerous, it’s one of the things that can really distract you during the game.

One of the most positive areas of improvement upon its predecessor is the gameplay. It is such a leap in terms of both playability and engagement. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, is actually a much more streamlined experience, when compared with the previous title, instead of padded out extra missions, elements of actions scenes found in the film are expanded upon and put you right in amongst the action in the battle of Hogwarts, the main story itself might be fairly short, but it never outstays its welcome, and I found it incredibly easy to just get swept along and play almost the entire thing without stopping.

The biggest improvement of note, is probably in the spell mechanics – previously you had to manually select a new spell to switch to, an aspect which honestly didn’t quite work. Here, however, the only requirement to switch spells is to double tap a button or switch between the various face buttons for various spells, which means you can essentially combo spells together, for some increased damage. It’s an element that really streamlines the experience – if not also oversimplifies it. EA are at the very least pretty competent at making decent shooters, I think most of us can probably agree on that – so they decided to really apply that knowledge here, instead of the more lackadaisical way they approached it before. They did it in a way that each spell would essentially represent how a gun might work in a shooter. Stupify mimics a bolt action rifle with singular shots, Expulso that of a machine gun, Confringo mimics a Rocket Launcher, Petrificus Totallus a Sniper Rifle, Protego a spell shield and Impedimenta essentially functions like homing rockets would. Those small improvements go a long way, as before the spells you used were pretty much irrelevant, it just amounted to “point spell at head until enemy falls over.” This time around you have to employ a bit of strategy, as each spell is more viable depending on the situation.

The route to the platinum in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is somewhat of a simple one – despite the fact the game has difficulty trophies. As long you stay in cover you’d pretty much get through the game without too many problems. You do need to play through it twice, as the hardest difficulty is only unlocked after finishing the game. I’d also get up a collectible guide for your first playthrough, and knock out those nice and quickly. That extra playthrough won’t be too taxing either, mine took me just shy of three and a half hours I believe. You’ll also need to complete challenge mode versions of each level, and get at least Gold rating in all of those. These are really fun, and do test your knowledge of the game somewhat, as it encourages the use of spell combos and quick stuns, to maximise the amount of time you can shave off.

My advice for both the higher difficulties and the challenges would be to abuse the Impedementa spell, as it’s a homing spell, you can essentially, lock the targets, snap out of cover, fire your spell off, and then snap back in to take out the enemies that way, trust me it’ll save your life a lot on higher difficulties if you chose to play this game.

I think I’d only really recommend this one to fans of Harry Potter, because realistically there are better games you could play – I definitely had a lot of fun with this one, and if you are a Harry Potter fan you’d probably have a good time too. As far as movie tie in video games go, as with a lot of the Harry Potter games they do tend to fall on the higher quality side of that specific breed of video game. I’m  certainly happy to have played it, and it’s nice to finally have the series complete on my profile – the little “Thanks for playing” montage they give you at the end of the game, showing you little clips from  all of the previous Harry Potter games. Happened to be a lovely little sign off to a video game series that I think they genuinely loved making – so that was charming to see, thanks for that EA Bright Light. For now I’m done with Harry Potter based trophies until Hogwarts Legacy releases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's one more series ticked off the list to complete.... I actually had far more fun with that game than I ever expected to, so I definitely can't complain about that one - I guess the key was going in with pretty low expectations.

On 05/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, YaManSmevz said:

I'm grateful that I've only got a handful of PS3 games to get into, my hands are full as it is with the PS4! Your mention of breathing room for writing reviews reminds me how on occasion I'm writing a review while thinking that I should be working on a game, or vice versa! Can't win for losin1f604.png1f604.png1f604.png

Don't worry - you definitely aren't the only one thinking that - sometimes when I'm sitting here typing away I think, I could definitely be making progress with a game now...... You definitely said it best "can't win for losin." xD

Do tell! My money's on Paul Darrow1f3b2.png

I think I had the same thing with Spyro that I had with late 90s Disney movies, I was at an age where I thought I was too cool for kid friendly stuff. Funny you mention that, though - I had a demo disc with Spyro, Medievil, and Metal Gear Solid (among others) back in the day, I got a lot of mileage out of it! I'm sure that in my inevitable review of Medievil I'll mention it, so... try to look surprised when we get there, yeah?

Well if you'd bet that money, you'd be getting a fat payout.  It was either an incredibly lucky  guess - or that you know me well enough now to kind of guess something like that... I think it's probably the latter. But yes, you are correct!

He was a great actor Paul Darrow - he bought a lot of class to a lot of roles that he played, and his voice just absolutely screams "villain." It's sad how many health problems he had later in life - even had to have his legs amputated, poor guy.

I believe I had that demo disc too - and I too got a hell of a lot of use out of it.

I'd still recommend Spyro by the way - they are a decent little time - plus there's all that Stewart Copeland goodness!

"Platinum #nunya GATdamn business" or something equally silly. I'm sure you'll come up with something! If nothing is feeling right, there's nothing wrong with simplicity either!

Also, I meant to compliment your Arkham prowess! I'm still trying to get up the nerve to dust off Asylum and finish those wretched combat challenges... and it's my understanding that Asylum has the easiest of the bunch!

That's a funny alternative! I like it, maybe you should go with that, it'd be a bit of a task to come up with something original and funny each time perhaps.

I actually found Arkham Knight the easiest as far as the combat challenges go for what it's worth, that'll change once I do the community challenges I'm sure - I think the more limited move-set that you have in Arkham Asylum actually makes some of those challenges a little trickier - as it sort of forces you to always get like the perfect use of every gadget into almost every round and not get hit,so you have more of  a chance at the points threshold.

This will seem obvious - but in Arkham Asylum I'd recommend jumping over your opponents fairly often, to keep your combo going, because sometimes it is really easy to mistime the counter presses,  and mess your combo up I did that loads, so I used to just juggle them that way sometimes. Made it a bit more manageable for me.

You can do it though! You've got this man! Just think of it like a rhythm game! ?

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Platinum #335

L3af927.png

I did not expect such a competent game. With a touch from the devs of playing snippets of their other games in remembrance, it sounds like they were really proud of getting this last one out then.

In which case they'd probably be really glad that you enjoyed it as much as you did.

14 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Don't worry - you definitely aren't the only one thinking that - sometimes when I'm sitting here typing away I think, I could definitely be making progress with a game now...... You definitely said it best "can't win for losin." xD

I'd still recommend Spyro by the way - they are a decent little time - plus there's all that Stewart Copeland goodness!

That's a funny alternative! I like it, maybe you should go with that, it'd be a bit of a task to come up with something original and funny each time perhaps.

I actually found Arkham Knight the easiest as far as the combat challenges go for what it's worth, that'll change once I do the community challenges I'm sure - I think the more limited move-set that you have in Arkham Asylum actually makes some of those challenges a little trickier - as it sort of forces you to always get like the perfect use of every gadget into almost every round and not get hit,so you have more of  a chance at the points threshold.

This will seem obvious - but in Arkham Asylum I'd recommend jumping over your opponents fairly often, to keep your combo going, because sometimes it is really easy to mistime the counter presses,  and mess your combo up I did that loads, so I used to just juggle them that way sometimes. Made it a bit more manageable for me.

You can do it though! You've got this man! Just think of it like a rhythm game! 1f609.png

You have to start with Asylum, the trophies build on you having completed the prior platinums before it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

A Magical New Platinum & Another Series finished (For Now).

LH3ca88c.jpg

Platinum #335

L3af927.png

I'm glad Airy Plopper and the Smelly Phallus ended well for you! Good to hear the last one was the best of the bunch, always good to end on a positive note. You're really knockin these series out man, props!

On 11/5/2021 at 11:05 AM, rjkclarke said:

Well if you'd bet that money, you'd be getting a fat payout.  It was either an incredibly lucky I guess - or that you know me well enough now to kind of guess something like that... I think it's probably the latter. But yes, you are correct!

He was a great actor Paul Darrow - he bought a lot of class to a lot of roles that he played, and his voice just absolutely screams "villain." It's sad how many health problems he had later in life - even had to have his legs amputated, poor guy.

I believe I had that demo disc too - and I too got a hell of a lot of use out of it.

Nice! That was my guess because, funnily enough, he played Zarok, the main villain. That's horrible to hear, nobody should be on their way out like that. A damn shame.

Yeahmann, that disc was the bizness. I easily played the MGS demo the most, and remember chomping at the bit for the full game to be released. Spyro seemed like very light fun.. which I might give into, one of these days. We could all use a bit of that (as well as Stewart Copeland jams)!

On 11/5/2021 at 11:05 AM, rjkclarke said:

You can do it though! You've got this man! Just think of it like a rhythm game! 1f609.png

I like the idea of adding a quick little task like that - I'm finding that with adding song lyrics to reviews, I don't know how that came about but it's really fun to have that extra thing to think about each time!

You know, it took forever for me to realize that jumping won't interrupt combos. I felt like such a dummy when I noticed that!

Thanks man! I certainly hope so? and that's a great observation - the good Doctor pointed that out as well, and once I get back into the groove of it I really need to take that approach!

• Like 1

On 05/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, rjkclarke said:

Platinum #335

You did it, my good man - you made me slightly interested in a Harry Potter thing! ?:yay:

I am, almost assuredly, the only living human left to have never seen any of the HP films (for reasons I don’t really know - I’ve seen both Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson in other films, and think both are really good actors!) but somehow, have managed to miss every single movie in the franchise - but your review was entertaining enough to keep me reading anyways… long enough for my interest to be piqued, dammit!

Maybe i should get those films watched… if only to allow me to finally make sense of that Lego game I played and didn’t understand a damned thing about ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I guess I should get and do God of War (2018) soon that'd be another series ticked off after that as well. I dunno man, it's probably just a weird fixation I have with finishing game series. Sometimes I also end up trying to do lots of games by the Dev Studios I like as well.

Same on God of War. And may I say, it absolutely is not weird, them's some natural completionist urges! When a completionist and a game series love each other very much...

12 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Well to the surprise of literally nobody, that was probably the demo that I played the most as well. I believe that was the one that ended when you got up to the DARPA chief if I remember right. I remember how excited I was when my Dad surprised me with a copy of Metal Gear Solid, because he actually remembered I loved playing the demo, and I was completely blown away by the fact it had two discs (this was before I'd played Final Fantasy, on the PS1,) so multiple discs to me meant a huge game, and I was not disappointed.

Aw, you had the better one - mine ended when you crawled into the vent at the very beginning, just before the DARPA chief. Then in that Game Over screen it said "Coming soon" or some such shit. Played it over and over and over. I too was so excited when it came out, and I remember this palpable excitement when I went into the shaft - and the game kept going!

18 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I think you should give into the allure of Spyro - Peter Pan that bad boy, you're never too old.... Actually that was probably a bad analogy, because the Disney version at least  of Peter Pan does look a little bit like he might hang around outside of parks and playgrounds if you get my drift, he just has really unsettling eyes. Especially in Kingdom Hearts..... They just stare right through you......

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh my... yeah, I see what you mean. It gives a whole new meaning to the name Lost Boys???

Makes me think of Spyro frolicking around, with happy music, and then a cut to this image here with menacing music. Poor Spyro!

28 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I like the song lyric thing too - I've done it myself maybe twice that I can think of, I did it in the Phantom Pain review, and then all the way back in one of my early Tomb Raider ones I think in Anniversary.

I love the ones you used for Manhunt - which again I need to drop a comment on, because that review was fantastic - in fact there's been plenty in the last couple of days I've read that I need to leave some feedback for.

If you don't mind, I've got the perfect ones to add to the review I'm posting later, but if you object I'll just not use them, or I'll just edit them out later on - as the song lyrics  is much more your thing than it is mine. This one time, I feel like it might add another special little layer to it.

Oh wow, you sure did!

I didn't even think of that! I started doing that because I thought of a line in a Jay-Z song where he referenced Family Feud, and wondered if I could find references to the other games in that post. I wouldn't mind in the least, I do believe you did it first - and even if not, it's not as though i have a monopoly on song lyrics?

Thank you! And you're not wrong - we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to great reviews to read these days! I was in the middle of making the rounds myself when I saw you posted?

55 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I did the same thing - I assumed jumping would just stop the combo - so no need to feel like a dummy....... Or I guess we both can feel like one if that's easier 1f606.png

They are very much like rhythm games I think - I usually absolutely suck at rhythm games too, so hopefully now that you know that I'm hopeless at those it might give you a little bit of confidence that you'll be able to nail those combat challenges!

Thank you man, it does - I really love that game, and it made me sad to stop playing it. Literally all I have to do it beat it on hard (which doesn't deter me at all) and top all the combat challenges (which gives me anxiety). My current games are kinda beating my ass, but hopefully once I can handle those, I'll be able to make some room for Asylum!

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I am, almost assuredly, the only living human left to have never seen any of the HP films (for reasons I don’t really know - I’ve seen both Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson in other films, and think both are really good actors!) but somehow, have managed to miss every single movie in the franchise - but your review was entertaining enough to keep me reading anyways… long enough for my interest to be piqued, dammit!

Maybe i should get those films watched… if only to allow me to finally make sense of that Lego game I played and didn’t understand a damned thing about 1f602.png

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't seen any of them either. I've acquired some knowledge of the series through osmosis but other than that I'm pretty clueless - if it weren't for Mr. Clarke and his fine write-ups, I wouldn't even have known about these games!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Although now I'm a little worried that I've used up all of my "you've made me want to play/watch this" Karma on a Harry Potter thing. Especially as the review I'm posting later for the original NieR I'd desperately love for you to get interested in playing, because I think you'd have an amazing time with that one.

I'm just finishing it off now - I'm a little worried I've put too much of me into that one, but we'll see. I'm just worried once I come out the other side of it I'll just be some emaciated husk - but if that happens, I'm going to go ahead and kindly blame @Copanele for requesting it....... Thanks by the way, I think I would of put that off for a while had you not done that - so I really hope I do it justice.

I just imagined you having a great time, then me coming along recommending NieR. While writing the review you remember the first NieR experience and yeah, THOSE moments.

No regrets there xD I accept the blame. That game is special to me too :>

Also hot damn Harry Trotter....haven't heard of that one in a while! Sadly I can only remember the first 3 movies (including the games - damn frog cards), those were the most "magical" to me.

After that they went too dark(or tried to) so I lost interest. Still a fun watch here and there!

• Like 1

Fantastic review, I knew I was right in requesting this specific game xD especially since I read Drakengard 3 and your EuroRPG love...yep, Nier is up there for sure!

Took me some time to read that monster of a text (saw it coming), obviously I agree with every single point duh, NieR is in my top 10 of all time hands down.

One thing I would like to mention though, something that I am SO glad you noticed as well. Damn, you're the very first who did it xD

31 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Each individual location you visit in the game is distinctive and memorable to some degree, and that is only positively built upon when it comes to the individual area designs. I would argue none more so, than in Facade the city of masks. Those who have played NieR: Automata, and spent any time in the desert will have seen the masked enemies. Well in the original NieR there exists a whole city of masked individuals, and these masks form a huge part of their identities, the whole place is governed by over one hundred thousand rules that they all have to adhere to. Rules that stop even the rescue of their own ruling Monarch. I’ve always been amazed at the amount of detail Yoko Taro put into making them feel like a believable civilisation. It’s a place that genuinely does feel like it’s steeped in its very own history. 

Most reviews kinda say that you don't need to play the original NieR in order to enjoy Automata. While in the gameplay and surface level I would say that's true, if we want to go for full experience, I would respectfully disagree: NieR IS REQUIRED for TRULY appreciating Automata.

I have a friend who played Automata first and really disliked it, said the game gave him 0 feelings. I asked him to play NieR Replicant once it comes up (I was sure a remaster was on its way and he pretty much trusts me whenever I 100% recommend a game), he did, LOVED the game and replayed Automata. Ended up falling in love with Nier Automata as well. It's not the smoothness of the combat that got to him, or the awesome soundtrack or 2B's ass, but the feeling that "holy crap this place hits differently now that I know its history".

And that is where I saw that you truly enjoyed NieR ? existential dread aside, the moments that got me the most in NieR Automata were the aforementioned robots with masks, the "God of the Mountain", Devola & Popola and their whole story, the Lunar Tears and a certain fight in the desert with some massive balls of doom and death. You know the fight, the words, if you play as A2 (as you should) you get a different reaction...that's Yoko Taro madness right there and I loved it xD

Even A2...you would think she's just another badass android...until you get her context. NieR Automata truly hits its mark only after you have experienced NieR.

And yes, I do insist for that NieR Replicant. Imagine NieR with actually fixed combat. It's now wonderful. Also they added a never-before from the scratch in-game quest that was only in the Grimoire Nier stories and it hits you in the goddamn heart, like this game wasn't tragic enough xD

Mad respect for this review @rjkclarke, best of luck in surviving NieR Replicant when you will get to it ?

Also why did you have to mention Beepy, Jesus? I need Cat Quest III to get myself into happy moods now!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, rjkclarke said:

If you want to continue your life in the best way possible - then yes, I'd say avoiding those two massive trash fires is probably the right way to go!

Noted!

It's just really saddening is what it is - it's bad enough as a fan to see it happening - but for the guy that created that series, loves it so much, yet can't do anything with it, that must be even more of a gut punch.

I kind of didn't think to mention The Witcher series - I guess I don't really associate it with the games - as its an adaptation of the books more than it is the games - so I kind of just didn't mention it - I thought it was really good though, so I'd definitely recommend giving that one a watch.

You might like the Uncharted trailer - I'm not the worlds biggest Uncharted fan as it is, which I feel like I've probably mentioned in here about six thousand times 1f606.png...... So I was always going to watch it and be like :dunno:okay then....

Yeah definitely, that is a shame.

Ah I didn't realise it was based more on the books than the games. Well I've neither read the books nor played the games, so that'll probably be my first experience of The Witcher personally lol

I've got to say, the Uncharted trailer was alright, like the homages to set pieces and other little things were really cool, but it kind of lacked the soul and heart of the games from that trailer sadly.

Thanks - I mean there's a huge amount of luck involved in Ethan must die, that and knowing where all the traps are and using those to your advantage...  Yeah I wouldn't worry about then if you aren't bothered about having 100% of the trophies in the game, plus you'd have to see far too much of that old ladies erm "front garden" yeah lets just call it that 1f631.png.....

Again Jacks 55th birthday Party doesn't really add anything to the story - it's just a weird little fun side game, so I could see why you'd just leave that one alone too.

No, that last card trophy is brutal, you have to do all ten in a row, there's no getting around that with saving, it's just really brutal, and so luck dependant - I essentially had to learn how to count cards for that, because that's the only reliable way to get through that game mode, and even then it isn't exactly foolproof, but I still really enjoyed that one.

Ah yes, Marguerite and her 'front garden' haha nice way of putting it there lol Yes I won't bother with that mode.

Yeah Jack's one is definitely random and interesting in it's own way.

Eeeessh, right well I'll probably leave that one too. I'd try all of them if I had the time to put into them and eventually succeed, but sadly I just don't.

I don't know - I always thought Joe was meant to be funny - he's just that archetypal violent swamp man stereotype - except they actually turn it on its head, and it turns out he's actually fairly decent and has good intentions, but I always thought some of his dialogue was meant to be funny. There is a good chance that I just woefully misread that though 1f604.png

Some of the story stuff on the boat is great - and that kid really REALLY unsettled me......

"I don't want to live at the lab anymore. I want a house. And I want you to be my mummy."

NAHHHHHH

kthnksba

Maybe he was meant to be funny, I'm not sure exactly. An interesting character nonetheless and a random mode lol

Yes some of the story stuff was definitely unsettling, and the front cover of the Gold Edition of the game made sense once I'd encountered her, as before I was like "Who is this?" 

I started the second Cat Quest last night actually - I think I paid like close to £6 for it, which it will probably drop in price, but I thought screw it, why not - everyone says it's awesome so why not just go and grab it.... It does seem pretty good so far as well.

Yeah I'd hardly say getting to max level in that first Cat Quest was too much of a grind - nothing in that game really feels like a grind to be perfectly honest - it's all just the right amount of playtime that nothing really outstays its welcome. I really enjoyed that aspect.

Yeah indeed it wasn't a grind at all really. Got one trophy left for the platinum but it'll have to wait as Platinum milestone 225 is up next and that'll be Sonic Colours Ultimate!

Definitely will get the 2nd Cat Quest in the future, and I'll have to read your review I've just spotted lol

On 11/1/2021 at 8:22 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Having said that - there is another one that I really, really want to see you review - purely so I can read the eight pages of interesting back and forth between you and @The_Kopite that it will inevitably precipitate - FFX-2!

Haha! You know me too well good sir lol I'm up for that, it'll be an interesting discussion. 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:28 AM, rjkclarke said:

I worry that, that back and forth between Kopite and I would just be interesting to the three of us, and maybe nobody else 1f602.png - I swear there's already like five pages at least of this thread of us discussing Final Fantasy already. Haha!

That's an interesting one though FFX-2 - I'm obviously going to have to do FFX first I think - just for context and what not, and that's going to be a fairly lengthy one, what with it being my favourite Final Fantasy title. FFX-2 will be bizarre, because I've got such mixed feelings about that game, I guess I'll just have to iron them out and watch the as you say "eight pages of back and forth" play out xD

Thanks for the feedback though - I'm looking forward to tackling those!

I might get to at least FFX this month, it's already going to be a fairly RPG heavy one - as I've got the review of the original NieR dropping on the 7th (the tenth anniversary of me getting the platinum) and then later on at the end of the month on the 28th I've got Tales of Zestiria pencilled in for a very specific post I've been thinking of for a while, so I'm sure I can probably cram it in somewhere.

To be fair, that's a very good point. Maybe see if other people are interested in that discussion, wouldn't want it to take up the whole thread again like other Final Fantasy discussions haha

FFX is a fab game, 2nd favourite FF personally as you know so really looking forward to your review on that! :)

• Like 1

On 08/11/2021 at 2:44 AM, rjkclarke said:

I think they were too - and i think they did a pretty decent job of it too. Knowing that Hogwarts Legacy is going back to a more open world format should be pretty interesting - as that always was one of the better elements of those early Harry Potter titles.

So it could potentially be really good - it's also got the benefit of not being hamstrung by any of the movies, so it is essentially a blank canvas that they can pretty much do what they want with.

Fingers Crossed.

Top 3 most anticipated unreleased games on the Gonzoscale. Trying to not let my expectations get out of hand.

Hope they don't fcuk it. 

How good was the Chamber of Secrets game though?!!

• Like 1

On 07/11/2021 at 11:28 PM, rjkclarke said:

LH2f9209.jpg

Platinum #5

NieR (PS3)

pulizer.jpg

Christ man - you do realise I already have a backlog that could stun a team of Oxen in it's tracks, right?

What are you doing to me ?

I've read through this one a couple of times now, and I have to admit, I was really hoping I could read between the lines enough to find something I can point to and go "Ahah! There's a reason I wouldn't like it..." so I didn't need to add another game to the never-ending wishlist...

but I think this stuff:

Each individual location you visit in the game is distinctive and memorable to some degree, and that is only positively built upon when it comes to the individual area designs. I would argue none more so, than in Facade the city of masks. Those who have played NieR: Automata, and spent any time in the desert will have seen the masked enemies. Well in the original NieR there exists a whole city of masked individuals, and these masks form a huge part of their identities, the whole place is governed by over one hundred thousand rules that they all have to adhere to. Rules that stop even the rescue of their own ruling Monarch. I’ve always been amazed at the amount of detail Yoko Taro put into making them feel like a believable civilisation. It’s a place that genuinely does feel like it’s steeped in its very own history.  

Another area of particular note is The Aerie, a small raised village area, the home of some incredibly stand-offish individuals who would really rather not be disturbed. I think part of the brilliance of The Aerie’s design, is that when you go there it becomes a fairly arduous process to actually do anything noteworthy quickly, as it’s filled with ladders and houses that are usually quite a process to actually reach. I’ve always felt this was a deliberate design choice, and that the inhabitants of The Aerie built it that way on purpose, as a way of discouraging people from coming back.

One of my personal favourite locations is – well, it is just called Seafront actually, but it has one of the most calming atmospheres of any location in the entire game, it’s as if it is one of the last remaining intact parts of our world left in this one, which seems almost untouched by the ravages that have been visited upon the land. Many of the side-quests pertaining to Seafront are actually very sombre, and tinged with an element of sadness (much like a lot of this game,) but the level design itself is incredibly serene, it is to borrow a line from a Kingdom Hearts song – Simple and clean.

sounds too good to pass up - and was the primary reason Automata spoke to me (as a Nier newbie) - the differences in philosophy and thinking theory that surrounded each distinct area, and how kind of none of them actually worked, or made anyone in them actually happy...

Well, onto the wishlist goes the Remake version I guess - (hey, did you know there is a maximum limit to haw many games you can put in your PSN wishlist... 'cause I sure didn't until this morning!)

I swear, I'm getting to the point where I need my own personal...

...time skips over one thousand years...

...just to see if I ever did manage to get through all these games ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

On 11/7/2021 at 3:28 PM, rjkclarke said:

Tenth Anniversary Classic Review

LH2f9209.jpg

Platinum #5

NieR (PS3)

L7c55f3.png

1L866296.png

The Final Verse
Congratulations! Thanks for playing!

A Few Trophy Stats

Platinum Earned - 7 November 2011: 9:15:36 PM

Time Taken to Platinum : 4 weeks, 2 days, 16 minutes

Platinum Rarity  - 7.82%

Trophy Number - 387

"Those days are all gone now but one thing's still true
When I look and I find
I still love you"

You're right, the lyrics were absolutely necessary!

Something I thought I'd never say - you've made me want to wear underwear on my head, steal a pair of my wife's leggings and grab some flip flops and go on an adventure.

....failing that, I'll just play NieR.

I've heard of these games of course, but for whatever reason never really looked into them. I'm honestly floored by how passionate you are about this one, it's makin me feel like there's a bangin party down the street and I just now got an invite!

I'm really lovin - can I say this?? - how you're progressively putting more and more of yourself into these. You do a masterful job of walking us through your experience, what grabbed you, and what's lasted with you since.

Looks like I've got a new wishlist entry... time to do some research!

• Like 1