Question about Chests

Skurkitty

So I've already started the game and been playing for awhile, I saw no missables so I didn't read into the trophies much.

However I just noticed the chest trophies and map tracking (done by hand). What I want to ask is... Can I ignore the map and still get this done with relative ease (and time of course)? I know the compass got introduced but I'm unsure how helpful it is. Like if I get down to only needing a handful more chests am I still going to be slamming my head against the wall even with the compass?

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

The chests aren't a problem, even without tracking, unless you despise exploring.

There are hundreds of extras in the two main areas. Dragonspine is different, as it is much smaller, but again I had no issues.

I have no issues exploring, I think my concern is running into a situation where I'm spending like an hour looking for that one chest I need and losing my mind over it.

But your post makes it seem like that won't be the case(?).

5 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

I have no issues exploring, I think my concern is running into a situation where I'm spending like an hour looking for that one chest I need and losing my mind over it.

But your post makes it seem like that won't be the case(?).

Common chests respawn over time, and there are some good chest farming routes. You should get the chests naturally, but if somehow you dont, you can just use one of those respawning chest routes to track down your final few.

6 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Common chests respawn over time, and there are some good chest farming routes. You should get the chests naturally, but if somehow you dont, you can just use one of those respawning chest routes to track down your final few.

They don't respawn.

29 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

They don't respawn.

They definitely do, the basic brown ones. I’ve seen chests appear in spots there weren’t any before and the new ones never give any primogems - normally a common chest gives 2 each, but these new ones always give 0. It’s most noticable on the mountain in Litue full of Cor Lapis - there are giant orange crystals there that can sometimes spawn a chest when you break them, and those respawn. It’s not the same crystal each time, and sometimes its none at all, but I’ve definitely obtained chests by breaking crystals I’d already broken beforehand.

common are the only type that respawn though, and not in the exact same spots.

17 minutes ago, madbuk said:

They definitely do, the basic brown ones. I’ve seen chests appear in spots there weren’t any before and the new ones never give any primogems - normally a common chest gives 2 each, but these new ones always give 0. It’s most noticable on the mountain in Litue full of Cor Lapis - there are giant orange crystals there that can sometimes spawn a chest when you break them, and those respawn. It’s not the same crystal each time, and sometimes its none at all, but I’ve definitely obtained chests by breaking crystals I’d already broken beforehand.

common are the only type that respawn though, and not in the exact same spots.

New chests will appear in the world as you level up in AR, I believe. It was hotly debated on launch because MiHoYo never really clarified anything. It has been proven, chests absolutely do not respawn after you have opened them.

Those giant Cor Lapis' do occasionally contain chests, but there is a limited number that spawn in them. If you go there every day you will eventually notice that you will stop getting them.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

I was under the impression they do respawn, ive had chests in the same location, which i know you get more each world tier, but if a chest doesnt give primo gems is a respawn, there are just hundreds of spawn locations like a halo 3 forge map

You will be fine, I finished the entire area without ever using the map - and still had about 80 chests that I've missed (some in plain sight). If you take your time and enjoy the game - you will most likely get all of them, and if not, then you will be really close and will be able to clean up the rest via a region compass.

That being said, I did start using the map for another region...needless to say, the whole experience is tainted by having to constantly mark things manually. No map is the way.

I played this game since launch and did have trouble with both chest trophies. I was like 150 away from Liyue and 100 off from Monstadt for a long time. Finally sat down and grinded it out using the compass. Was quite the pain.

It's hard to say if using a map is key or not, since you're talking about hundreds and hundreds of chests. Marking them all off would be such a grind, but perhaps long term it would save you time as you'd never have to use that blasted compass with it's terrible 30 second cool down.

• 1 month later...

Homestly its not a huge deal. Chest are everywhere. I never use a map for them. However i do use the treassure compass gadget. If you zoom out all the way on the map it will say how much % you've explored in specific regions of the nation. If you simply go to one with a low%, look around properly and use your compass you will have no issue. There is no situation in which you are looking over an hour for 1 chest. I honestly think i never looked over 5 minutes for a single chest myself. And even that barely happens. This is while using the compass though. I would say doing thse trophies with no compass, even with a map is a chore.but the compasses are easy to get and you only need to craft them once so i would say you are fine.

• Like 1

chests does not respawn, you may visit official website to know where is the exact location of all chests.

https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/app/ys-map-sea/index.html?lang=en-us#/map/2?shown_types=17,44,45,46

use a compass to find it when you reach the point on the map above, or you will just follow video guide on youtube, some people completed the chests route guide.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I enjoy the exploring (find chests, solve puzzles, complete challenges) aspect of Genshin Impact most so for me I think I got more than the required chests for each area without needing to use the Treasure Compass. When I did use the Treasure Compass, there were still many chests I hadn't found yet so there are a lot more chests than needed for the trophies for Mondstadt and Liyue.

The Dragonspine area is tighter and has no Treasure Compass to help you find them, but I ended up getting all that are needed without really thinking about it.

Inazuma chests are lot more puzzle based than Mondstadt and Liyue. I haven't found enough of them yet for all the chest related trophies to clear, but every time I visit those islands, I find more.

The way I choose to play, I set the daily commission to the area I want to spend time exploring (Mondstadt, Liyue or Inazuma), and then wherever the daily commission sends me, I end up exploring and finding chests as I do those daily commissions. The map shows a % completed for the area that you are in / fast traveled to, so if you aren't at 100%, there is more stuff to find. Also, even after being at 100%, I have still found more. There is no shortage of chests to find while exploring.

Edited by cusman

On 18/05/2021 at 8:17 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

They don't respawn.

The chests 100% do respawn, Common and Exquisite Chests both can. Common are more likely Exquiste are very unlikely but can happen. It takes a few real in life days before they respawn and it's 100% random at which locations they respawn.

The only exception to this rule I've seen while playing Genshin is Precious, Luxurious Chests and Domain Instance Chests which are all typically unique chests that only spawn once. These chests don't spawn more then once usually because the value they have or sometimes they spawn unique rewards in them like blueprints or recipes.

Most domains in a specific area count towards the chests total for that area as well. So for example if you collect the chests in the Domains in Mondstadt it will go towards Monstadts chest tracker. One thing to to know though is that for Inazuma's chest trophy only the first three set of major islands originally released for it count towards the trophy for chest completion for Inazuma. All of the following islands added after have their own counters. Most events taking part in new areas like Golden Archipelago didn't count to main trackers an DragonSpine is also it's own area as well. 

4 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The chests 100% do respawn, Common and Exquisite Chests both can. Common are more likely Exquiste are very unlikely but can happen. It takes a few real in life days before they respawn and it's 100% random at which locations they respawn.

They 100% don't respawn. If you think you've found one that has respawned, you've actually just found a chest you missed before. It's not uncommon for multiple chests to be kind of nearby in similar locations that could be mistaken for respawned chests. Alternately, sometimes chests simply aren't there because of events or something else happening in that area of the game, once that is over those chests will show up, so a "respawned" chest could also be one of those that was temporarily removed from the game.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The only exception to this rule I've seen while playing Genshin is Precious, Luxurious Chests and Domain Instance Chests which are all typically unique chests that only spawn once. These chests don't spawn more then once usually because the value they have or sometimes they spawn unique rewards in them like blueprints or recipes.

Most domains in a specific area count towards the chests total for that area as well. So for example if you collect the chests in the Domains in Mondstadt it will go towards Monstadts chest tracker. One thing to to know though is that for Inazuma's chest trophy only the first three set of major islands originally released for it count towards the trophy for chest completion for Inazuma. All of the following islands added after have their own counters. Most events taking part in new areas like Golden Archipelago didn't count to main trackers an DragonSpine is also it's own area as well. 

This is incorrect. They do not respawn.