Sam's Story - Untouchable Trophy

Crispy_Oglop

Hey guys, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of confirmed information around this trophy. Is this really a case of - if you die during a Batwing encounter you have to replay the entire DLC again. regardless of quick-saving/quick-loading or not? Can anyone confirm it uploading your save to the cloud and then downloading it again if you die will bypass this weirdly annoying choice of trophy requirement?

10 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Hey guys, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of confirmed information around this trophy. Is this really a case of - if you die during a Batwing encounter you have to replay the entire DLC again. regardless of quick-saving/quick-loading or not? Can anyone confirm it uploading your save to the cloud and then downloading it again if you die will bypass this weirdly annoying choice of trophy requirement?

Yes the only way to bypass is by putting your safe on a usb or on the cloud then redownload if u fail the encounter.

using the quicksave reload or the checkpoint will void that trophy so the only solution is backing up your safe before the encounter each time theyre set encounters.

Edited by Jason-DFG
  • Like 1

Just now, Jason-DFG said:

Yes the only way to bypass is by putting your safe on a usb or on the cloud then redownload if u fail the encounter.

Brilliant, thanks. I had heard that there were some save/load issues with the DLC too. So I tried doing the upload/download cloud save strategy to test the process out, but the game was hanging on loading indefinitely each time. I read that save games can take absolutely ages to load for this DLC for some reason (10-20 minutes in some cases which is insane). Guess I'll have to go with the cloud save option and just let it hang until it decides to load. Appreciate you clearing this up @Jason-DFG, thanks :) 

1 minute ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Brilliant, thanks. I had heard that there were some save/load issues with the DLC too. So I tried doing the upload/download cloud save strategy to test the process out, but the game was hanging on loading indefinitely each time. I read that save games can take absolutely ages to load for this DLC for some reason (10-20 minutes in some cases which is insane). Guess I'll have to go with the cloud save option and just let it hang until it decides to load. Appreciate you clearing this up @Jason-DFG, thanks :) 

Yeah i've had that aswel when i did it but that shouldn't cause an issue other than having to wait till its loaded.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-06-24 at 9:51 PM, DharmaDan- said:

Hmm. I uploaded my save before last 2 encounters and restarted game, did not die and the Untouchable trophy did not pop. Might just delete my game data since I died on my first run of the DLC. Must be bugged.

Same here, didn’t die, trophy didn’t unlock. Lots of trophy-related issues with the PS5 version it seems. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 11:49 PM, Swotam said:

Same here, didn’t die, trophy didn’t unlock. Lots of trophy-related issues with the PS5 version it seems. 

Did you solved this? The same for me, died on 1st run. On second was without dying and still no trophy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly I can confirm the untouchable trophy is glitched, I deleted all my save files and I made a fresh start on normal difficulty from the beginning, I played the whole chapter in one go, and I didn't die at all through the whole chapter or even load a save and the trophy didn't pop up for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, man08071983 said:

Trophy bugged on me, only trophy i need for 100%

On 8/13/2021 at 4:09 AM, ilRASli said:

Sadly I can confirm the untouchable trophy is glitched, I deleted all my save files and I made a fresh start on normal difficulty from the beginning, I played the whole chapter in one go, and I didn't die at all through the whole chapter or even load a save and the trophy didn't pop up for me.

PS5 Version only?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm about to tackle this dlc and do I understand this correctly I can backup my save to the cloud before each encounter? Also am I allowed to die outside of the encounters?

Edit: The answer is yes x2. Would have been nice with a bit more clarity in the trophy guide.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

• 1 month later...

What I did was look up a glitched speedrun of the DLC. It involves clipping through walls and lite platforming but you can essentially skip 99% of the DLC and, I believe, all Batwing encounters. The speedrun takes 10 minutes but realistically someone new may take 30 minutes to an hour. The Last Hero and Untouchable trophies will pop after completing the DLC using this method.

I decided to do the DLC first because I read how glitchy it was and fixes involved deleted saves so I thought I'd be on the safe side avoid deleting 30+ hours of progress.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 1:42 PM, BestUsername---- said:

What I did was look up a glitched speedrun of the DLC. It involves clipping through walls and lite platforming but you can essentially skip 99% of the DLC and, I believe, all Batwing encounters. The speedrun takes 10 minutes but realistically someone new may take 30 minutes to an hour. The Last Hero and Untouchable trophies will pop after completing the DLC using this method.

I decided to do the DLC first because I read how glitchy it was and fixes involved deleted saves so I thought I'd be on the safe side avoid deleting 30+ hours of progress.

Watched that video. Don't know if I will use it, maybe if I get glitches and whatnot. But I love these speed runner gamers. Not only because its awesome to see gamers do tricks that even the devs didn't think possible, but some sections can actually help a more legit playthrough on occasion.

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2021 at 3:03 PM, Jason-DFG said:

using the quicksave reload or the checkpoint will void that trophy so the only solution is backing up your safe before the encounter each time theyre set encounters.

Just to be clear, I know quick loading after you die won't make a difference but the two guides I've seen for this say reloading before you're about to die (if you think the fight is not going well) should be fine?

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 1

As of 29/03/2023 I found a way to get this achievement even when dying with the Batwing(PS5 version tested). I have been spending days after days with this trophy being bugged and not working even when I did not die. But here is my take:

Follow the steps to reset your console and delete the cloud save. After you did a clean install of the game play the dlc (IN OFFLINE MODE) without changing the difficulty once and if you do die during the batwing pause the game and close it. After you reopen the game you will be always left before the fight with the batwing. After you finish the game for once you trophy will still not be there. What you have to do is do a new run of the dlc but only start it. From the first moment when u drop from the bridge just pause the game and load the previous save before the final fight at the tower and cutscene. The trophy will pop right when the cutscenes begin. (DO NOT FORGET IT ONLY WORKS OFFLINE) after you get the trophy you can simply plug back the internet and syncronize your trophies and you should be good to go. 

Hope this helps because it worked for me on 2 different accounts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just now 100% sams story without issue on ps5 and only did 1 playthrough.

Method:

-Disable internet within network settings and stay offline for the entirety of the run

-Start sams story on reader difficulty, follow a 100% guide and don’t die during batwing encounters

-Anytime between 3rd batwing and the finale create a manual save then back out to main menu

-Change difficulty to normal within options then start a new sams story run

-As soon as the game autosaves, load up the manual save of your previous run

-Finish the game then “untouchable”, “the last hero” and “a man of principle” will all pop

I also did this save exploit for the no medkit trophy for two colonels (playing on reader then changing to normal).

Edited by DHawk12
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm playing the PS4 version on the PS5.  Don't know if that matters or not, but reloading cloud saves wasn't working for me.  I tried this method from the Steam forums and found it to work fine.  Even if you think your save if fine this won't hurt anything.

1) Make a quick save right before the end when you go into the tower to fight Klim

2) Let the end play out and if the trophy doesn't unlock, go to the chapter section in the main menu and start Sam's Story again

3) Move forward until the first autosave of the game, just after you jump over the cars before the 1st captain encounter

4) Load your previous quick save from #1 and play through the end of the game again.  It should pop just after your choice of what to do with the sub.

• Like 1

Guys, this is by far the easiest way to "cheat" Untouchables:

The hardest part in doing this is around the 1:10 mark because there's a kill barrier among the trees, but after that it's all smooth sailing. This is recommended to those who don't want headaches and just want to do another playthrough without worrying.

PS: I am playing on PS5 with PS4 version on the latest patch. Hope this helps!

Edited by LaneBoyGoner
wrong wording
  • Like 2