So THIS is allowed, but panty shots are a no go?!

Ancestral_Spirit

1 minute ago, Dreakon13 said:

Whether you see them as comparable is beside the point.  Why do you want the animated version so badly if the real version fills you with so much disgust?

I understand not caring, because they aren't real.  I don't understand wanting it.

But it's not beside the point, you even asked if i thought they were comparable. Don't ask a question if you've already made up your mind about what my answer should be  xD 

I never said i wanted an anime version of a Serbian film did i?

I don't think you're understanding the point of this topic.

I'm not asking Sony, please make more games that involve upskirts, nudity and anime characters. What i'm saying is, once they've been made, leave them the fuck alone, and don't give me the double standard bullshit of it's ok or some and not others.

7 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

But it's not beside the point, you even asked if i thought they were comparable. Don't ask a question if you've already made up your mind about what my answer should be  xD 

I never said i wanted an anime version of a Serbian film did i?

I don't think you're understanding the point of this topic.

I'm not asking Sony, please make more games that involve upskirts, nudity and anime characters. What i'm saying is, once they've been made, leave them the fuck alone, and don't give me the double standard bullshit of it's ok or some and not others.

I didn't ask if you thought they were comparable.  I was asking if you understood that it was... because they are comparable on some level.  The idea is the same, the medium (and obviously the real world impact) is different.  Your rationalization is beside the point.

But anywho... you're okay with no more games like this being made, but if they were already made you'll raise hell if you can't see the panties? ?  Do you care about these games or not?

Edited by Dreakon13

2 hours ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I am so fucking confused......

So the first video i found on this game was a platinum walkthrough guide, and the first trophy appears to be, you have to watch your MC take a shower. Full boobage, no steam covering the naughty bits.

So THIS is ok, but games like Neptunia RPG get censored because you can see a girls pants while she's sat down playing a video game.

Or Dragon Star Varnir, where you can see a girls underwear while she flies away on a broomstick.

I mean, the game is legit telling you to lewd on your MC to get an achievement, but Neptunia RPG, Dragon Star Varnir etc. just want you to play the games and even gives you the option to skip the cutscenes if you don't wanna see it.

Sony, i hate censorship, but just make up your fucking minds.

Or you already have done and you just hate Japanese devs  >.< 

Curious, is your issue with The True, or with Sony (re:Neptunia censoring)?

Just now, audiopile said:

Curious, is your issue with The True, or with Sony (re:Neptunia censoring)?

My issue is with Sony censoring certain things but not other.

The True is in a PSN sale atm, and i was looking at buying it and happened to notice the trophy for watching the MC in the shower, and thought it was odd that stuff like this was allowed, but not seeing someone's underwear.

This topic is mostly complaining about Sony's double standards in terms of censorship.

The True, can have as many boobies as it likes in it  :) 

1 minute ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

My dude, if i draw a stick figure and tell you that that stick figure is a 7 year old child, and then i draw another stick figure next to it with a gun shooting the 7 year old stick figure, i'm going to tell you that 'the idea is the same, but the medium and real world impact is different' therefore you should feel utterly disgusted by that poor 7 year old stick figure being shot  xD 

This is literally your argument. YOU can't distinguish fantasy from reality.

That's obviously not literally my argument, as I've said a number of times I understand the idea of being indifferent to things that aren't real.  I don't understand wanting it.  I don't understand wanting the stick figures to be 7 years old. xD

But you'll come back saying that you don't want it, you just want people to be able to make the stick figures 7 years old if they want to (and you'll regularly buy and enjoy the 7 year old stick figures because that's your thing lol).

The issue is the whole underage/looking underage thing yes. As @DrBloodmoney stated, while being against censorship is being for the artform and all that. It is also true that it is very easy for opponents to smear your name by framing you as being someone who defends pedophilia basically. Of course it'd be nonsense, but things don't have to be true to hurt your name. 

Sony from what I can see tries to play it safe to avoid getting hit like that in America as Microsoft would relish using it against them I'm sure considering they basically don't get 99% of the games that are problematic in this way. Examples people bring up are pretty much all the whole underage thing, the Devil May Cry case seems to have been a mistake somewhere (perhaps Capcom thought Sony wanted them to censor it when they didn't). 

I'd rather not have them censored at all myself and I'm all for more games going for higher ratings rather than lower... but honestly some of the changes I have seen in some things have been very minor things and in some cases improvements. The censored outfits in Death End Request 2 for example are better as designs. Zanki Zero's image removals are no loss. However, I understand some people worry about the slippery slope which as mocked as it is can actually manifest so I'm not going to say they are overreacting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

My issue is with Sony censoring certain things but not other.

The True is in a PSN sale atm, and i was looking at buying it and happened to notice the trophy for watching the MC in the shower, and thought it was odd that stuff like this was allowed, but not seeing someone's underwear.

This topic is mostly complaining about Sony's double standards in terms of censorship.

The True, can have as many boobies as it likes in it  :) 

The True is rated M

Neptunia RPG is rated T.

There is no double standard.  Maybe if Neptunia wanted they could go M and have kept those scenes.

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

That's obviously not literally my argument, as I've said a number of times I understand the idea of being indifferent to things that aren't real.  I don't understand wanting it.  I don't understand wanting the stick figures to be 7 years old. xD

But you'll come back saying that you don't want it, you just want people to be able to make the stick figures 7 years old if they want to (and you'll regularly buy and enjoy the 7 year old stick figures because that's your thing lol).

* sigh * i'll copy and paste since cba typing it all out again:

6 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I'm ok with freedom of expression. If everyone, on the face of Gods green earth all decided tomorrow 'ya know what, i don't feel like making weeb games anymore', i would be ok with it, because it's their choice. And i wouldn't buy them, because they no longer exist.

The 'raising hell' part, is for the fact that people are making things using that freedom of expression, and its being squashed by Sony.

Hell, i'd be pissed if Sony decided tomorrow 'no more CoD games, they're too violent'. I don't even play CoD games! But i'd damn well fight for the companies right to make the fucking games.

I think this is about as far as your argument is ever going to go tbh.

Just now, Ancestral_Spirit said:

* sigh * i'll copy and paste since cba typing it all out again:

I think this is about as far as your argument is ever going to go tbh.

I don't think you'd care as much about COD going away but I guess we'll never know.

And I literally said what you'd come back with so don't act like I'm not understanding you lol.

1 minute ago, audiopile said:

The True is rated M

Neptunia RPG is rated T.

There is no double standard.  Maybe if Neptunia wanted they could go M and have kept those scenes.

But they couldn't, because Sony forced them to censor scenes. They would not allow the game on the console, period, unless those things were removed.

When has censorship not been about double-standards, though? It's ok for (consenting) people to be into bondage, but illegal in many places to portray it. Or ok to write about it, but not to draw it. Or ok to draw it, but not put it in a movie. Laws are often super subjective (what is "offensive"?) and application left to random Customs and Borders officers. Sony is doing the same - it keeps games like Punch Line (which is a Japanese pun that could also be translated as Panty Line), Gal Gun, or the Senran Kagura series available, but is stricter about new games. The Japanese law being amended a few years ago to counter the cringe "I look like a child but I'm 100 years old" trope (among others) and may also have played a part.

To be fair, the rest of the world is usually stunned at the double standard of conservative hyper violence/no nipple preconized by the U.S., and de facto imposed on the rest of the world due to the strength of the American market/soft power. It's just simpler for companies to make one product which abide by those unspoken rules...

10 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I just said i would fight for CoD to exist.

I'm not even sure if you're reading anything at this point......

So what you're saying is, i'm not ok to be for freedom of expression if YOU don't like it?

Also starting seem like you're implying that i'm a pedo, which is something i said people like you would come back with on the first page.

I like games like Neptunia, Senran Kagura, Touhou etc because i like them.

And again, if every one of those companies all decided tomorrow that they didn't wanna make em anymore, i'd be sad that i could not play anymore of those games any longer. But i'd be ok with it, because it's not something those developers want to do any more.

I'm also not ok with Dr.Seuss being banned in certain schools.

Not ok with book burnings.

Not ok with censoring swearing in films.

Not ok with games like The Last of Us multiplayer having the gore censored.

And no you're not understanding me at all. You have your opinion, and i have mine, what you can't seem to understand is that what you're saying is opinion and not fact  :/ 

I'm not implying that you like playing games graphically depicting young animated girls, you're telling me you do.  I'm not saying you're a pedo, unless that implies that.

I'm looking forward to your impassioned Dr. Seuss banning threads in off topic.

Edited by Dreakon13

NieR: Automata has a trophy for looking up 2B's skirt and more recently NieR Replicant 1.22 has a trophy for looking at Kainé's ass (which wasn't in the original game). Kainé is even dressed in lingerie the whole game and the player can remove 2B's skirt and have her in a leotard/underwear thing. Automata was originally a PS4 and PC only title and came out on XBox about 2 years later.

Code Vein released during the pinnacle of the censoring and a ton of people feared Io's chest was going to get covered up or downsized. However, the game released with Io still showing off her giant breasts without any change.

There's probably more examples of Japanese games being left alone but the three I presented the characters are obviously adults/adult-like. I feel it's definitely something about sexualizing children of characters that look like children because pedophillia is a more major issue in America than say violence or murder. It might also be that Sony is leaving the big AAA companies alone and only targeting the smaller ones, who knows.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

So unless i make a topic on literally everything i think about, do or say, i have no credence?

Is there something wrong with you?

This topic was literally brought about because of a game i saw in a sale, watched a plat guide, and thought it would make for an interesting point of conversation.

You however, seem to be using it as an opportunity to accuse people of things that they are not, and telling them how they should be thinking.

Is there no option to mute people you find reprehensible?

Dear god please tell me there is.

There is, click your name at the top of the forum and go to Ignored Users to add.

Edited by Dreakon13

Just now, MandA60VISE said:

NieR: Automata has a trophy for looking up 2B's skirt and more recently NieR Replicant 1.22 has a trophy for looking at Kainé's ass (which wasn't in the original game). Kainé is even dressed in lingerie the whole game and the player can remove 2B's skirt and have her in a leotard/underwear thing. Automata was originally a PS4 and PC only title and came out on XBox about 2 years later.

Code Vein released during the pinnacle of the censoring and a ton of people feared Io's chest was going to get covered up or downsized. However, the game released with Io still showing off her giant breasts without any change.

There's probably more examples of Japanese games being left alone but the three I presented the characters are obviously adults/adult-like. I feel it's definitely something about sexualizing children of characters that look like children because pedophillia is a more major issue in America than say violence or murder. It might also be that Sony is leaving the big AAA companies alone and only targeting the smaller ones, who knows.

Ah i didn't know about those ones. I own Nier Automata but haven't started it yet.

AAA defo seems to be a safe-ish zone for a game to get away unscathed from censorship.

Like i said though, Watchdogs 2 got censored and i think that one can be classed as a AAA title, but i think that was Ubi's choice after the stupid backlash they got from twitter users  :/

I think maybe i just notice it more with Japanese titles, because i play/buy a lot more of them.

That's not to say i don't buy western games, my physical PS4 collection has now reached around 1000 titles, and a lot of those are indie games.

I've also noticed that violence gets censored more in Japan, while nudity and sexuality get censored more in the west.

I just don't get the censorship either way. I mean, why does Japan seem to think their own people can't handle imaginary violence, and the west seems to think we can't handle imaginary underwear. Makes no sense to me.

17 hours ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

This is the first time I’ve seen anyone suggest GTA is “tasteful.” 

Lmao true. But the hot coffee mod gave San Andreas an AO rating. And at least the GTA V strip clubs are just upper body. Maybe some ass BOOBA at 1x

Edited by HYPERS