COMBINED ARMS

So I'm trying to farm the ability trophies ASAP to get them out of the way. I'm having a very difficult time getting this one to count. 

I'm on Mars, and I'm a Soldier Shepard. I've been using Singularity with Liara and then Reave with Kaiden and it is giving me a biotic explosion, but no progress bar is popping up like for the others. Am I doing something wrong? According to the Wiki, those two should be setting off an ability, so I'm not sure what is going on. Should I switch to Cryo Blast with Kaidan and then use Concussive shot? 

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

I'm playing as a soldier too and the trophy progression doesn't seem to register for me either.

Yeah, while farming for Mailslot, I just decided to try Cryo + Concussive. It seems to work. The biotic combo wasn't triggering, and I'm not sure why, Wasted a lot of time thinking it did lol. 

So yeah, Cryo Blast and Concussive shot seem to make it proc.

I did this entirely by taking two companions, one with Warp and one with Throw, mapping those two to the :left: & :right: buttons, turning off "sqaudmates power use" in the option menu, and then whenever both were charged up, doing a (very quick) :left::right: double tap with an enemy targeted.

Don't wait for one or the other to hit before following up - just hit both buttons right on top of each other - seems to do the trick

With all of the power based trophies bar the Shield one I had to actively use the ability myself.

For Combined Arms I’d have my AI use the Primer and then detonate it with Warp and it counted every time. 

Can I also just add if you’re playing Mass Effect as a Soldier you’re playing it wrong. The fun is in biotic and tech abilities not just blindly shooting everything’s 

23 minutes ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

With all of the power based trophies bar the Shield one I had to actively use the ability myself.

For Combined Arms I’d have my AI use the Primer and then detonate it with Warp and it counted every time. 

Can I also just add if you’re playing Mass Effect as a Soldier you’re playing it wrong. The fun is in biotic and tech abilities not just blindly shooting everything’s 

There's no wrong way to play mass effect, that's just gatekeeping

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

You play the game how you wish, I'll play how I wish :)

• Like 2

On 12/06/2021 at 8:44 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

These trophy progressions are all over the place. As an adept I did combined arms on my own, singularity followed by warp and only carrying a pistol and SMG which helped with the recharge speeds.  I used Garrus and Edi to overload shields and it worked but I can't use any type of incinerate to count towards any progression.

On 6/12/2021 at 11:17 AM, NemesisMK2 said:

Yeah, while farming for Mailslot, I just decided to try Cryo + Concussive. It seems to work. The biotic combo wasn't triggering, and I'm not sure why, Wasted a lot of time thinking it did lol. 

So yeah, Cryo Blast and Concussive shot seem to make it proc.

I managed to finally get the trophy using Incinirate (EDI) + Carnage (Shepard).

On 6/14/2021 at 11:15 AM, HellcoreFire said:

I managed to finally get the trophy using Incinerate (EDI) + Carnage (Shepard).

Tried this. Does not work for me, sadly.

What worked for me was Fire Ammo on Brutes (Shepard) until they caught fire + Warp (Liara). Did this in the Citadel DLC - Arena levels. With Super Elite Reaper enemies.

I believe that it is mandatory for one of the powers to come from Shepard, as if you combine powers from your companions it doesn't seem to work.

This makes the trophy extremely difficult for a Soldier playthrough. It was by far the most annoying trophy of this game for me.

Edited by TheIndru
Added info

4 hours ago, TheIndru said:

What worked for me was Fire Ammo on Brutes (Shepard) until they caught fire + Warp (Liara). Did this in the Citadel DLC - Arena levels. With Super Elite Reaper enemies.

I believe that it is mandatory for one of the powers to come from Shepard, as if you combine powers from your companions it doesn't seem to work.

This makes the trophy extremely difficult for a Soldier playthrough. It was by far the most annoying trophy of this game for me.

Cyro Blast from Kaidan and Concussive Shot works. Got it before finishing Mars. There are probably other ones you could combine with. I admit Soldier may be a little tougher, but you do have good options!

4 hours ago, TheIndru said:

I think with the combination I used; enemies have to die immediately/directly from it to register.

• 1 month later...

I have been having issues with this one also. I was using Stasis with Liara and concussive shot and that was counting towards the high flyer trophy. 

I'll take some of the suggestions here. I think I have 20 0f the 50. 

Edited by snakebit10

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just think the statement saying the trophy can be unlocked with squadmates is just wrong because I had issues also, playing an engineer I couldn’t get the trophies for combos or lifting either (the others you have the powers to do it so I don’t know). In the end I used Lash for lifting (because it’s the only one of the bonuses that actually work, Slam from Javik doesn’t work for some reason even if it lifts your enemies 20 feet into air but whatever… though you know what it is good for? Combos, not with biotic weirdly, but with cryo. I’d use warp which cooldowns in less than 2 seconds with maxed out power recharge speed, and then cryo while the enemy was in the air and it would always end up in a cryo bomb. Originally I was doing it with cryo and overload but it was tricky because you had to wait the right moment for the enemy to completely freeze, and if I waited too long the enemy likely exploded on its own…

• 9 months later...

So I had a very difficult time with this trophy after trying numerous combos and squad mates, but I managed to get it eventually when I realized the combo needs to specifically count as a “burst” to count. It’s a bit confusing because the trophy description is a bit unclear (it says “biotic combos or tech bursts”), and in ME2 you only have to apply 2 biotic powers at once for it to count.

This one still seems very glitchy as even after this discovery, I found some powers seemed to not count no matter what I did. But I managed to get it eventually during the Omega DLC mission by assigning LASH to Aria, and OVERLOAD to Nyreen and combining this with incendiary (fire) ammo. I would apply the burning status effect then use the D-Pad hot keys to rotate between lash/overload as the 2nd power, and the counter kills started racking up quickly.

If you’re playing on casual you will probably have to turn the difficulty up a few notches to ensure enemies do not die right away from the incendiary ammo. But once they are burning, hit them with your secondary power and you’ll know it was a successful kill if there’s a big fiery explosion on their death.