Trophy Thoughts?

MikeCheck--

I've only ever played Sniper Elite 4, and that was before I became a hunter. When I went back to glance at Sniper Elite 4's Platinum requirements I was turned away. Being that this game is VR I am expecting the same level of difficulty, but on a smaller scale. 

- Mission Challenges 

- Complete the game on the hardest difficulty

- Find all collectibles

Then, this nice gem: 

"Last Gasp - Complete a mission on Sniper Elite difficulty without dying while also reaching near death status"

Seems like it could be an Ultra Rare Platinum, since VR games are typically more rare. 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

Looks like a tough plat!!

But seeing as I've played all the other games in the series, I've gotta do this one too!

Love that there's still the classic testicle nutshot trophy too :D 

• Like 2

Eyeballing this one. As I havent had much reason to use my VR (outside of walking dead/sw squadron)

At just 30$ it might be well worth it.

That (last gasp) might be an issue and depending on collectables ...

If it's anything like zombie army trilogy lol.

So I've been playing it quite a bit & I'd say it's a pretty good game. You'll really want the aim controller for this though as I've been playing with the regular move controllers & the tracking goes haywire every time I try to line up a shot since the lights end up overlapping. Also the controls are very, VERY, weird. But it's been super fun to play so far & the platinum honestly doesn't seem all that difficult. Also the campaign is quite long for a VR title with 18 missions taking roughly 10 hours to beat, which by PSVR standards, is pretty long

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

So I've been playing it quite a bit & I'd say it's a pretty good game. You'll really want the aim controller for this though as I've been playing with the regular move controllers & the tracking goes haywire every time I try to line up a shot since the lights end up overlapping. Also the controls are very, VERY, weird. But it's been super fun to play so far & the platinum honestly doesn't seem all that difficult. Also the campaign is quite long for a VR title with 18 missions taking roughly 10 hours to beat, which by PSVR standards, is pretty long

Is it possible to use a Dualshock when playing it?

I remember using the Move controllers when I did LA Noire VR, and it was such a pain in the ass to aim at enemies!

On 7/14/2021 at 2:21 PM, ObsiEez said:

The plot isn’t too bad either. Taking place when the Allies begin their liberation of Italy in 1943, the Partisans look to help. Really fun. Nothing like it in VR.

if you have issues with tracking on the Aim try this:

https://www.psvraimstock.com/collections/frontpage/products/psvr-light-shield-v1-experimental-drift-blocking-solution

On 7/14/2021 at 9:32 PM, Jerry_Appleby said:

Is it possible to use a Dualshock when playing it?

I remember using the Move controllers when I did LA Noire VR, and it was such a pain in the ass to aim at enemies!

Yes, you can use the DS4! 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

Looks like a relatively easy plat, hardest trophy should be just beating the game on sniper elite difficulty. Pretty standard looking list for this series, collectibles, beat the game, complete all objectives/challenges, and some fun miscellaneous ones. Looking forward to getting this game, love the rest of the series!

Update on my playing of the game. I had to drop it, not because the game is bad, but because the tracking on PS Moves controllers are abysmally bad & it REALLY shines in this game since you need to be REALLY accurate. But it's hard to do that when there is a constant drift or the move controller lights overlapping & losing tracking. I HIGHLY recommend if you're going to play this game, use the aim controller. Since I don't own one, I'm putting this game aside until then. I haven't tried using the DS4, but honestly, it'd completely ruin the immersion of the game using the DS4

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 9:12 AM, Feichti1992 said:

Patch 1.03 is out and man... That game still plays like shit. How can they release that game with that controller drift?!?

It's the limitations of the old PSVR hardware. I'd recommend this

https://www.psvraimstock.com/products/psvr-light-shield-v1-experimental-drift-blocking-solution

Helps a lot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

It's the limitations of the old PSVR hardware. I'd recommend this

https://www.psvraimstock.com/products/psvr-light-shield-v1-experimental-drift-blocking-solution

Helps a lot. 

It costs me 20€ with shipping... And even then i don´t think that this can really 100% solve the problem. I had no problems with Alvo VR and Farpoint and now i have it in Sniper Elite? It sounds fishy to say that the problem is the controller when that 2 games don´t have that problem (at least not that extreme).

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found this. Very helpful: 

I also found this trophy guide. Overall it's a very vague guide but anything's better than nothing. Oh and just a heads up, it is obnoxiously filled with ads (it was for me anyway): https://gameplay.tips/guides/13105-sniper-elite-vr.html

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/13/2022 at 10:48 PM, Ravie_HD said:

Is a VR necessary to play this game or can you play it with the normal controller on a TV or PC screen?

VR is necessary. You can play with a normal controller though.