Dreakon139

The Walking Dead

658 posts in this topic

I felt like Enid outlived her usefulness when they offed you know who.. Pairing her up with the guy that was looking to be Maggie's new love interest before she left, just felt creepy and weird to me. Lol. And yeah, Tara was never someone I really cared about.

The boy was definitely the biggest surprise for me. But it makes a lot of sense. I'm kinda surprised Carl didn't end up suffering the same fate in the comics.

I do have somewhat mixed feelings about the whole thing. On the one hand, I like that it was a big surprise to viewers. I had hoped they would have changed things like this earlier, when they did the Glenn fakeout.. But on the other hand, the deaths here feel less significant than the ones in the comic. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with a number of big names leaving, including the once star of the show. But still.. can't deny a lot of these deaths weren't a big deal. 

15 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

But still.. can't deny a lot of these deaths weren't a big deal. 

That's how it was in the comics too. There was 12 pikes in the book and only 2 of them really mattered. At least the show managed 3 out of 10 lol.

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

That's how it was in the comics too. There was 12 pikes in the book and only 2 of them really mattered. At least the show managed 3 out of 10 lol.

Lol. Fair enough. But I heard which two it was, and those would have had a greater impact on me personally. 

23 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. Fair enough. But I heard which two it was, and those would have had a greater impact on me personally. 

Oh for sure. I mean

pregnant Rosita

was probably one of the most shocking deaths ever in the comics to me. That was like the one time the book actually left me dumbfounded lol.

The finale wasn't bad. I was mildly disappointed that we didn't get the start of all-out war with the Whisperers or even a small clash, but I still enjoyed it. May the gloves come off when Season 10 starts. Having Negan on Alexandria's side should make things more interesting. When the war starts, I'd like to see Daryl's group play dirty like they never have before... maybe even use some of Negan's old tricks against the Whisperers.

Spoiler

Good job making walkers feared again. Having them pop up from the snow was a neat trick. This did make up some for the lack of payoff in the Whisperer war.

Don't kill Lydia!

In a MASSIVE surprise announcement, they announced tomorrows issue of Walking Dead is the final issue.

After years of saying that it would go to 2029 or so, even going as far as making fake covers for the next few issues, they come out and say it was all a ruse to keep people surprised.

I don't know if they're going to be able to give it a satisfactory conclusion. There's just too many balls in the air. The last 20 issues or so were boring as hell, I figured they were building to something big... Not the ending lol.

Between Rick's funeral and Carl's need for redemption, it'll be a full issue already. But they have other stories they need to wrap up too. Hell, Maggie vs. Negan never got a good conclusion.

Seems like such an odd time and place to end it. Here's hoping they have something amazing up their sleeve.

No way! With the TV franchise being popular right now & ready to spawn a 3rd series, I couldn't have seen that coming. Issue 193 is a triple-length one, probably since there's a lot of stuff to be resolved.

(Warning, you might not want to click the link in the below spoiler box if you still haven't read TWD issue 193)

And now it's back. The season 10 premiere "Lines We Cross" was pretty good. One neat thing is how the episode is broken into chapters, with title cards like "Training Day" before a segment. I like the chemistry between Carol and Daryl.

Whiskey Cavalier flopped hard in its 10 PM time slot (and that's too bad, I liked that show). But that cloud's silver lining is that Maggie will return as a regular, just not until season 11. If she comes back in TWD S10, it will be as a guest. I'm hoping Michonne's story has a happy end, maybe with her going off to look for Rick. Killing her off would be lame.

I'm still enjoying TWD, but sooner or later, we need a conclusion to the story. Like I said, DON'T KILL DARYL!

Spoiler

There's a flaming object coming down from the sky. Is it a meteor? No. What is it then? It's a Soviet-era satellite, which crash-lands in the Whisperer territory and starts a serious fire. They cross over the border to put out the fire.

It wraps up with Alpha finally appearing. Could she be actually grateful for the fire being put out, or not too happy that they've crossed the border even for such a cause? She did look rather pissed. Stuff may be about to get real.