The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

23 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. Fair enough. But I heard which two it was, and those would have had a greater impact on me personally. 

Oh for sure. I mean

pregnant Rosita

was probably one of the most shocking deaths ever in the comics to me. That was like the one time the book actually left me dumbfounded lol.

• Like 1

The finale wasn't bad. I was mildly disappointed that we didn't get the start of all-out war with the Whisperers or even a small clash, but I still enjoyed it. May the gloves come off when Season 10 starts. Having Negan on Alexandria's side should make things more interesting. When the war starts, I'd like to see Daryl's group play dirty like they never have before... maybe even use some of Negan's old tricks against the Whisperers.

Spoiler

Good job making walkers feared again. Having them pop up from the snow was a neat trick. This did make up some for the lack of payoff in the Whisperer war.

Don't kill Lydia!

• 3 months later...

In a MASSIVE surprise announcement, they announced tomorrows issue of Walking Dead is the final issue.

After years of saying that it would go to 2029 or so, even going as far as making fake covers for the next few issues, they come out and say it was all a ruse to keep people surprised.

I don't know if they're going to be able to give it a satisfactory conclusion. There's just too many balls in the air. The last 20 issues or so were boring as hell, I figured they were building to something big... Not the ending lol.

Between Rick's funeral and Carl's need for redemption, it'll be a full issue already. But they have other stories they need to wrap up too. Hell, Maggie vs. Negan never got a good conclusion.

Seems like such an odd time and place to end it. Here's hoping they have something amazing up their sleeve.

No way! With the TV franchise being popular right now & ready to spawn a 3rd series, I couldn't have seen that coming. Issue 193 is a triple-length one, probably since there's a lot of stuff to be resolved.

(Warning, you might not want to click the link in the below spoiler box if you still haven't read TWD issue 193)

• 3 months later...

And now it's back. The season 10 premiere "Lines We Cross" was pretty good. One neat thing is how the episode is broken into chapters, with title cards like "Training Day" before a segment. I like the chemistry between Carol and Daryl.

Whiskey Cavalier flopped hard in its 10 PM time slot (and that's too bad, I liked that show). But that cloud's silver lining is that Maggie will return as a regular, just not until season 11. If she comes back in TWD S10, it will be as a guest. I'm hoping Michonne's story has a happy end, maybe with her going off to look for Rick. Killing her off would be lame.

I'm still enjoying TWD, but sooner or later, we need a conclusion to the story. Like I said, DON'T KILL DARYL!

Spoiler

There's a flaming object coming down from the sky. Is it a meteor? No. What is it then? It's a Soviet-era satellite, which crash-lands in the Whisperer territory and starts a serious fire. They cross over the border to put out the fire.

It wraps up with Alpha finally appearing. Could she be actually grateful for the fire being put out, or not too happy that they've crossed the border even for such a cause? She did look rather pissed. Stuff may be about to get real.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

A little bummed that the finale is delayed until later this year, but oh well. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. And with that said.... please don't let them kill off either Negan, Daryl, or Carol.

Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride are signed on until the end of Season 12 I believe. AMC handed them bumper deals to stay on after Andrew Lincoln left.

I don't think Jeffrey Dean Morgan is going anywhere as far as I'm aware. I think he's happy on the show.

The season finale is going to be very interesting though I think and it'll be worth the wait. I feel as though we may get a character death -_-

Edited by Negan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

A little bummed that the finale is delayed until later this year, but oh well. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. And with that said.... please don't let them kill off either Negan or Daryl.

at least they gave as the trailer...

so happy to see Maggie back <3

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

I was worried that Gabriel wouldn't make it. Guess who saves him... Maggie.

At the end, Eugene and Ezekiel's group is detained by some Stormtroopers? Who might they be?

The season 10 finale wrapped the Whisperer War up nicely, and the World Beyond premiere was pretty good. The 11th season is it, but at least there will be 24 episodes. I'm glad that Daryl and Carol's story will continue in a spinoff series.

• 4 months later...

After stopping to watch the show 4 years ago (end of season 7), 

i decided to start brand new from the beginning.

Watched threw Season 1, 2, 3 (watched these like 7-8 years ago and never again) until i reached the end of season 7 again.

Then i decided to continue watching were i left off 4 years ago and just finished watching season 9.

I really have to say, that i really did forget how good especially the first couple of seasons of this show were (S2-3).

I still kinda understand why i stopped watching the show and the reason why so many other people did stop watching the show.

Still in S8 especially there were still a handful of good moments to pick from.

Now with S9 you can really feel the impact of Andrew Lincoln leaving the show (hope he comes back in S11 for the endingotherwise what would be the payoff?).

In my opinion they shouldn’t have killed off Carl, cause now they don‘t have Rick & Carl.

With Carl still alive, they would have still had Michonne and Carl together with Judith and R.J.

But maybe the writters didn‘t know at the beginnig of S8, that Lincoln would be leaving.

Started watching season 10 today and slowly catching up on the current episodes, that are now running on TV with the extended (Covid) S10.

Hope S10 will still catch me enough to continue and not stop watching again.

Edited by Jeffboy265

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2020 at 11:46 PM, RadiantFlamberge said:
  Hide contents

I was worried that Gabriel wouldn't make it. Guess who saves him... Maggie.

At the end, Eugene and Ezekiel's group is detained by some Stormtroopers? Who might they be?

The season 10 finale wrapped the Whisperer War up nicely, and the World Beyond premiere was pretty good. The 11th season is it, but at least there will be 24 episodes. I'm glad that Daryl and Carol's story will continue in a spinoff series.

I haven't really been impressed with these post covid episodes. They've barely been able to keep my attention.

• 5 months later...

So now, here's season 11, the final one. The Reapers are some bad SOBs... they make the Whisperers look like amateurs. Remember Mike Whinnet? His unnamed Saviour character appeared as one of the Reapers, who said "Pope marked you" to Maggie.

Yes, I do want Rick to come back, even if it's for only the grand finale. I would love seeing him and Michonne get reunited with Judith (don't kill her!), and everyone else still standing. If Negan does die, hopefully it's a result of a heroic sacrifice. It would be a shame to see him go down in vain.

I've watched the first two episodes. Watching the third one tomorrow. Loving the Negan and Maggie dynamic. It looks like they've shifted focus from trying to make Daryl the main character to doing that with Maggie instead, which works better in my opinion because Daryl doesn't have the personality to carry off being the lead. Maggie being the lead works better for me.

Father Gabriel seems to be taking a bit of a dark turn and hasn't been the same since *that scene* with Dante. I hope that doesn't mean he's in danger this season.

Reapers are scary. Looking forward to seeing Ezekiel, Eugene, Yumiko and Princess walk around in the Commonwealth and seeing how they react to that community.

One thing I hope gets addressed this season is the CRM helicopter that Negan saw in Season 8 then Gabriel in Season 9. Have either of them mentioned it to any of the other characters and if not, why? The CRM tie directly into the World Beyond spinoff and the Rick Grimes movies that are (hopefully still) being made so I'm interested to know whether or not Negan and Gabriel's knowledge of the CRM's existence could be a plot point that leads to Rick's return at the end of the season perhaps and maybe Michonne if she's found him.

Edited by Omelette Paradise

Reapers were so scary...until they started talking, they became booooooring especially their "Pope" . 

Can't wait until Negan kills him and save the day one more time hopefully or maybe Gabriel, that would be interesting. 

I can already tell that Leah is gonna betray them for Daryl, and she gonna die because of it maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

So far, I haven't missed any episodes of season 11. It's been pretty decent. I'm almost certain Carol's gonna get the axe this season, along with Negan. Daryl I'm not too sure about. He'll probably make it, fulfilling Beth's prediction that he'll "be the last one standing". I'm still curious as to whether or not we're getting the Rick movies, or if we're gonna get him back sometime in season 11. 

18 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

So far, I haven't missed any episodes of season 11. It's been pretty decent. I'm almost certain Carol's gonna get the axe this season, along with Negan. Daryl I'm not too sure about. He'll probably make it, fulfilling Beth's prediction that he'll "be the last one standing". I'm still curious as to whether or not we're getting the Rick movies, or if we're gonna get him back sometime in season 11. 

Don't know if you've seen it or not but Daryl and Carol are getting a spinoff https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/walking-dead-final-season-11-daryl-carol-spinoff-series-amc-1234762220/

• 6 months later...

TWD's 10 April episode was a nice wrap-up to this final season's 2nd part. Lance has the Governor vibe going on. Leah and Maggie's feud goes out with a bang. Lastly, we see how the Commonwealth truly is (damn!). Season 11's final 8 episodes should make for one hell of a grand finale.

There's still no name for the Daryl and Carol spinoff. Yet another one called "The Isle of the Dead" is on the way.

Spoiler

Maggie and Negan as the main characters... who'd have thought it?

I'm looking forward to Alpha's appearance in Tales of TWD.