Your favorite DLC/Add-on?

Wade_VC

Favorite/Least favorite FO3 Add-ons  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your FAVORITE FO3 Add-on?

2. 2. Which is your LEAST favorite FO3 Add-on?

• 2 weeks later...

lol, everyone thought the Pitt was the worst.. actually the thing i hated about it the most was finding all the ingots... and then then crazy frog men that jumped out at ya... hated those guys, lol

I loved the Mother Ship Zeta pack but i ended up having to play through it twice because i missed one of the logs and i couldn't go back after i missed it...

• 2 weeks later...

Broken Steel was by far the worst DLC, story was ok but it was glitchy and frooze sooo many friggin times i didnt think i was actually gonna complete it

Personly i prefered Mothership Zeta, hardly glitched and i like killing aliens and i thought the alien weapons where awsome

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

O:A for me. Yeah, it was freeze prone, but not any worse than the others in my experience (except for Zeta). I liked how the story integrated the virtual reality pods from Tranquility Lane and then put you in the middle of the American-Chinese war over Alaska. Good stuff. :P

Least favorite was PL. I was looking for something more from dlc after A:O, Zeta and Broken Steel besides more Feral Ghouls, Mirelurks, Hunters and Kings. The story was a little lacking imo too.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

Zeta was the worst by a country mile! The level design was horrible, it was dull, you were forced into it by being fucking kidnapped whilst you were wandering the wasteland so you could be completely unprepared on starting it, and it threw seventy-three billion aliens at you just to extend how long of a slog it took to get through its tedious quests, and compared to the other add-ons it had almost no content that it stretched out ungracefully. It also had no bearing or relevance to the main game's themes or plotlines and was out of place and disruptive to player's suspension of disbelief. The only good thing to come out of it was the repair gel for repairing uniques so that hoarders like me could have all unique weapons in 100% repair.

Broken Steel was obviously the best. Most content added, best content added, level cap raised, fit beautifully into the game like a glove, super fun.

Favorite is a tie between Point Lookout and The Pitt. They were both really good but I voted for Point Lookout. The worst was Mothership Zeta. It had a lot of cool weapons, but the beginning where you get probed froze on me countless times!!!

• 2 years later...

In all honesty, I had a hard time voting for which was my favorite. Because, glitches and bugs aside, they were all awesome. I think I like Operation Anchorage the best because it was entirely based on the lore of the Fallout universe. We were literally fighting the war right before The Great War. Second would have to be The Pitt because it shows us how other parts of the current world are living. Throughout Fallout 3 we see little areas of civilization (Megaton, Tenpenny Tower, Rivet City) but for the most part The Capital Wasteland is just that; a wasteland. So, it was extremely interesting to me to see a civilization in another part of the world. Granted, a civilization built on slaves, and a very troubled civilization at that, but a civilization all the same. That's what is so cool about the Fallout universe. It shows how the human race is trying to, not only survive, but rebuild in a world that is so different from our own.

Point Lookout by far for me since the enemies are a lot tougher and the game becomes extremely easy even on the hardest difficulty setting. I love the scenery and PL also provides a lot of content for after you've completed the story quests.

Mothership Zeta as the worst because I haven't played it yet. I will at some point because it looks pretty interesting.

I bought the GOTY edition for this game the other day, reading these posts make me want to start playing again!

:D

• 8 months later...

Point Lookout was my favorite because it was not as glitchy as the other DLC's

Broken Steel is my least favorite because the game turned into a slideshow at the Adams Air Force Base.

Mothership Zeta is pretty bad because you can't grab the alien blaster that's located near the ship without getting pulled into the DLC.

Edited by hpknight

I liked all the DLC. Operation Anchorage is my favourite just because of the Chinese stealth armour. Point Lookout is a close second.

Worst - Mothership Zeta, I was so unprepared for it and took me ages to finish it. Also not a fan of probing lol.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't played Broken Steel yet but

My favorite is Mothership Zeta... a buttercup toy to put in my Megaton house and a space battle!

I wasn't ready for the surprise abduction but still managed to get through the hordes of enemies with only one casualty: I could NOT keep Paulson alive no matter how many times I reset.  I finally had to let him go... RIP.

Least fave, Point Lookout:  A lobotomy!!!???  Nooooooooo

This piece froze on me quite often.  Also, hated the radiated inbred confederate hillbilly bullet sponges that do amazing damage with crap weapons!  Full metal power armor and I took serious damage from BB guns and baseball bats!

Edited by wildkatb

I didn't have any serious performance issues with any of the DLC, though I did play on 360.

Point Lookout is my favorite by far.  Interesting story and characters and a really cool place to explore.

Operation Anchorage is my least favorite, just a linear combat slog. I would have totally skipped it on my 2nd run through if not for the Winterized T-51b Power Armor.