Beyondthegrave's Top 10s

Beyondthegrave07

Impressive stuff grave. I agree with you on Catherine: Full Body. Doing the hard and remix hard blocks can kill you and takes extreme amount of patience. Babel's Axis Mundi: Doing on solo will be tough for you and making it difficult. Two controllers should suffice. I actually do have Bioshock but only on collection atm. I hope I see you plat Dead Cells lol.

Keep up the good work. :)

• Like 1

hi Grave! 

Bloodborne was an absolute amazing plat as well as 100%. Orphan of Kos and the Queen the chalice were hard but so rewarding of a feeling when accomplished. Kos was much more random in terms of attack pattern.

Okami, man, i want to plat so bad but its been so long since i touched it and the thought of missing a bead drives me nuts

Edit: that Tomb Raider plat sounds infuriating all right. Damn. Its like save scumming every other minute. Imagine that in uncharted where sometimes 2 treasures are seconds apart.... no thank you.

Congrats!

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

Let me just say that I don't agree with a lot of these choices for top 10s. Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 wouldn't be anywhere near my top 10 most frustration/difficult platinums.

But you definitely have far different tastes than I do. Regardless, I always like to hear others trophy hunting experiences.

• Like 2

Tomb Raider hurt me. I would argue that all the others were far more frustrating than Underworld, but ok.

Also, when’s Persona 4 Arena Ultimax plat? It’s not good if only 1/2 of the authors have the coveted plat. I will buy you Margaret if you’re really struggling with the challenges. ? 

As for the most frustrating/difficult plate, the only one I can actually agree with is Catherine, as I’ve lost my plat due to the Hard Gold runs on PS3. I apparently wasn’t good enough even though I had a near perfect run throughout.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Let me just say that I don't agree with a lot of these choices for top 10s. Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 wouldn't be anywhere near my top 10 most frustration/difficult platinums.

But you definitely have far different tastes than I do. Regardless, I always like to hear others trophy hunting experiences.

Tbf, this is my list from plats I've earned. Reason why I have games like Tekken 6 and Tekken TT2 is because I'm pretty trash at fighting games.

@Roronora_Zoro666 @Dead Weight It's on my to-do list. Just have to put in the time for muscle memory. Definitely would be in the top 10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

MOST DIFFICULT/FRUSTATING PLATINUMS

9. Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

10. Zone of Enders HD Edition

FINALLY someone else who found these two plats difficult! I'm no fighting game noob and I found the High Scorer trophy in Dengeki Bunko to be absolutely brutal.

I had a really hard time with ZoE as well. The trophy guide said to just do the first playthrough on hard mode, and my dumbass listened. -_-

• Like 3

Poor Tomb Raider Underworld - all on it’s lonesome in the worst category?

It’s not a great game by any stretch, but man, I must have been lucky, as I can’t recall it being broken - just pretty bland! 

Gotta say - kinda refreshing to see how little crossover there is between your ‘Proudest’ and your ‘Most Difficult’ lists ?

Sometimes I feel like folks put so much stock in  the difficulty of a plat, and so little in other factors that they only feel able to publicly admit to taking pride in a platinum if it is also a universally acknowledged ‘hard’ game with a super low rarity percentage or some insane grind associated with it - and things like how good or satisfying or just fun a game was gets set to one side!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

From memory I never had a treasure not count as collected for me in any of my playthroughs of Tomb Raider Underworld so it's a bit surprising to see it as a major issue you had with the game. 

I say this because I unexpectedly ended up as being in the top 50 first achievers for Tomb Raider Underworld way back when it got the trophy patch. I already knew the game inside out including memorising locations of 90% of the treasures so I blitzed through it.

Surely I would remember that being an issue with the game but I may just be forgetting. 

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Poor Tomb Raider Underworld - all on it’s lonesome in the worst category1f602.png

It’s not a great game by any stretch, but man, I must have been lucky, as I can’t recall it being broken - just pretty bland! 

Gotta say - kinda refreshing to see how little crossover there is between your ‘Proudest’ and your ‘Most Difficult’ lists 1f44d.png

Sometimes I feel like folks put so much stock in  the difficulty of a plat, and so little in other factors that they only feel able to publicly admit to taking pride in a platinum if it is also a universally acknowledged ‘hard’ game with a super low rarity percentage or some insane grind associated with it - and things like how good or satisfying or just fun a game was gets set to one side!

I plan to add descriptions to actually explain why these two lists are so different, and it will give everyone a bit of insight on my personal trophy hunting weaknesses and insight on why I chose the particular games. Therefore, if my choices seem a bit odd, it's probably because I personally struggled with a particular part, had issues with the game, or something else entirely.

For example, most people would look at MGS 3 and think it's a weird choice to be proud of, but I don't think I've ever popped off more earning a plat than I did with that. Getting everything in a single playthrough was just soooo satisfying and shooting that last frog during the final fight and getting that trophy in particular was just so hype.

9 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

I need to get around to speedrunning this bitch of a game some day. Worst thing is I’ve all but forgotten all of the puzzle solutions so I’ve made it extra hard on myself!

The best advice I can give you is to follow a video and do EXACTLY what they do. You don't have to be perfect, but you can't settle for a "bad" section. 

I did two attempts at it and I literally missed the 2 hour mark by a couple of minutes. It was so agonizing to barely miss it and tried the last part of the game at least 20 times trying to get my time lower. I had what felt like the "perfect" run at the last save point and the trophy still didn't pop... learn from my mistakes. If you have a rough section, don't accept it and redo it. That's all I can really say.

Just keep in mind this is all a work in progress so it could change a bit if I missed something.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I plan to add descriptions to actually explain why these two lists are so different, and it will give everyone a bit of insight on my personal trophy hunting weaknesses and insight on why I chose the particular games. Therefore, if my choices seem a bit odd, it's probably because I personally struggled with a particular part, had issues with the game, or something else entirely.

For example, most people would look at MGS 3 and think it's a weird choice to be proud of, but I don't think I've ever popped off more earning a plat than I did with that. Getting everything in a single playthrough was just soooo satisfying and shooting that last frog during the final fight and getting that trophy in particular was just so hype.

Hey man - I’m absolutely with you, some of my ‘proudest’ ones would certainly seem odd choices to folks who only traffic in ultra rares for their medals - Outer Wilds, The Witness, Prey, Transistor, Hitman 3 - the pride comes far more from how I feel I mastered a game I love than how many (or few) other people did the same!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I look forward to reading those, I think like a few others have mentioned here if I was compiling a list of favourite/hardest/proudest/most enjoyable - that kind of thing, I doubt there would be all that much cross over either. I think I'll really enjoy reading about the "why" though, so I'm looking forward to that. 

I'm also sad to hear about your experiences with Tomb Raider: Underworld - I reviewed that myself only a few days ago in my own thread (that's not a plug by the way, I suspect by the end of that write up, those that have read the whole way through might have a melting face like the guy from Raiders of the Lost Ark)..... Anyway...... I'm in a similar boat to @DrBloodmoney and @FreshFromThaDeli, I've played that game multiple times on multiple consoles and I've never encountered any glitches like that. I know they exist though, and plenty of people have been plagued by them, it's a shame you were also one of them, sorry to hear that. As Dr B pointed out, it isn't the greatest game ever ( I may have written a lot about it, but I'm still not convinced I actually like it, in fact I was probably a little more positive than that game deserved), so to have a game that's already a little flat, also be marred with glitches must have been a nightmare. Looking forward to reading those descriptions you plan on adding in the future though!

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

I was able to update the list today a bit, probably still needs a bit of work, but this is just something to update when I feel like. I'm in no rush. lol.

Added P4AU to my list for obvious reasons. That platinum was very difficult and I was lucky to find a great boosting partner (HINT: He wrote the guide with me ;) ). It also made A-brawl3r's comment irrelevant now so SUCK IT!!!! xD 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1