Does it make sense to report a cheater?

kikataa

15 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I don't always see the report button myself

I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's only possible to report a game if you own it yourself. I think it even needs to be the same version (NA/EU...) and console.

Edit: Lol posted this at the same time as Stevie.

Edited by swedechick
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Also, @The-Smiths-85, don't post the link, or name the member, of the profile you are talking about in the forum. We have a rule against naming and shaming people.

I've figured it out last time I posted a link here, because it was deleted, but I couldn't find any other way to report it. Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

I've found another one. It's clear that you can't complete games in like 10-30 seconds. Where is the option to report a player, because I don't see it on the profile?

Actually, you can complete some games that fast if they have cross-save which allows auto-pop e.g. No Man's Sky on the PS5. Also, some Visual Novels can be legit skipped through in 40-50secs or less in the right circumstances.

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

You can't report a game if you don't have it on your own profile here. Also, don't PM a mod about CRT things, PM a CRT member instead. Mods don't have anything to do with the CRT process at all. Although, the preferred option is to report the games instead of having to send a PM.

Also, @The-Smiths-85, don't post the link, or name the member, of the profile you are talking about in the forum. We have a rule against naming and shaming people.

Sorry, I meant CRT ?

1 hour ago, swedechick said:

I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's only possible to report a game if you own it yourself. I think it even needs to be the same version (NA/EU...) and console.

Edit: Lol posted this at the same time as Stevie.

I can assure you that there are games that I have and I don't get the report button on it for some weird reason at times.

5 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Sorry, I meant CRT 1f614.png

No worries.

5 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I can assure you that there are games that I have and I don't get the report button on it for some weird reason at times.

You might have a different version of the game, such as a different region or platform. You won't be able to report it unless you have the exact same version on your profile. Another reason the button might not be there is if it's already been reported.

Edited by Stevieboy

4 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

You might have a different version of the game, such as a different region or platform. You won't be able to report it unless you have the exact same version on your profile.

So even if there's only one trophy list for all regions, the game has to be the same region?  Weird how that distinction is made.

EDIT - If someone has been previously reported, would that remove the option to do so?

Edited by Dark_Overlord

1 minute ago, Dark_Overlord said:

So even if there's only one trophy list for all regions, the game has to be the same region?  Weird how that distinction is made.

No, if there's only one list then you only need to own the game. I was referring to games that have multiple lists.

I also made an edit to my above post as I remembered that the report option is removed if someone else has already reported it.

54 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Actually, you can complete some games that fast if they have cross-save which allows auto-pop e.g. No Man's Sky on the PS5. Also, some Visual Novels can be legit skipped through in 40-50secs or less in the right circumstances.

Pro tip: if you complete the game in 0 seconds, you won't appear in the 100% club at all.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Dude, it's obvious that the player whom I found doesn't own the only Vita in the world. I wouldn't report his profile if there was some kind of a sense to it. He/she is the only one who has that kind of speed in most of his/her games.

On 8/15/2021 at 4:15 PM, kikataa said:

Hi, I noticed a few people cheating on Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. The situation with them is that they have taken out the platinums of both the ps4 and ps5 versions in minutes, ie neither of the two platinums has been made legally. About a week ago I reported them, but the only result is that now these people are not in the list of the game Crash 4, but their profiles have not yet been removed. My question is why didn't they get banned? Now another such person has appeared in the game and I don't see any sense in reporting him, since there is no result.

Personally I don't see the sense in it anymore. The leaderboards became meaningless as soon as Ratalaika and other companies like them came into being. But that's my opinion. You do you.

Edited by zultan8212

16 minutes ago, zultan8212 said:

Personally I don't see the sense in it anymore. The leaderboards became meaningless as soon as Ratalaika and other companies like them came into being. But that's my opinion. You do you.

It's the difference between a cheater sharing the space with you when you actually put the work in and want to see the LB reflect the effort it took, vs. country/world rank which is meaningless except to those who devolved into spamming Rat/Breakthrough games. There's PLENTY of sense to it. You're obviously entitled to your opinion but I feel like LB bs and cheaters are not the same thing.

• Like 2

I see 

1 hour ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

It's the difference between a cheater sharing the space with you when you actually put the work in and want to see the LB reflect the effort it took, vs. country/world rank which is meaningless except to those who devolved into spamming Rat/Breakthrough games. There's PLENTY of sense to it. You're obviously entitled to your opinion but I feel like LB bs and cheaters are not the same thing.

I see your point. That's just not how I want to spend my time. There will always be cheaters. Chasing them just becomes work. Moving up the leaderboards is work now too, not fun. I'd rather focus on my own profile at this point and play games I enjoy.