Great game

kfree7

What a great way to escape into the movie game world.

Really like that this has so many endings and it's not a real quick game.

By the second playthrough, I was hooked and have really enjoyed getting this plat.

If you like these types of games, I really recommend this one.  Enjoy!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 5:13 AM, kfree7 said:

What a great way to escape into the movie game world.

Really like that this has so many endings and it's not a real quick game.

By the second playthrough, I was hooked and have really enjoyed getting this plat.

If you like these types of games, I really recommend this one.  Enjoy!

I disagree. I hated it. It was so so so boring, not scary AT ALL and it felt like most of the choices you make are inconsequential and don't actually matter in the grand scheme of things. 

I highly discourage anyone from playing this garbage. My rating would be 2/10

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

I disagree. I hated it. It was so so so boring, not scary AT ALL and it felt like most of the choices you make are inconsequential and don't actually matter in the grand scheme of things. 

I highly discourage anyone from playing this garbage. My rating would be 2/10

Sorry to hear you were disappointed.  This shows how each of us can get something different out of a game, movie, or activity of some kind.

I have friends that love to ride bikes.  Not my thing, but they truly love it.

My wife has friends that love to shop.  She's not really into it.

Some ppl love a certain movie and you may feel completely different.

Thanks for your comment Nitro.

Trust you will find something else you really enjoy.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Fancy seeing you here FREE! I thought it was alright!  I wasn't expecting a Hollywood calibre A-list movie but a point-and-click game.  My expectations shouldn't go much higher than somthing coming from TellTaleGames. It's not perfect I agree but you have gotta give credit to Wales Interactive for reviving the FMV niche and not a lot of game devs out there have constantly brought one out on a regular basis. 

Just finished Playthrough 1 (playing blind) and going on Playthrough 2 right now and for sure a few more playthroughs to come before the platinum... Not really buzzing but nonetheless contented and truly enjoyed the game.  Had this been a big budgeted Hollywood studio project then the plot could have made the grade.  Just came fresh from a Jake Gyllenahaal film similar to an FMV, single location and all dialogue - The Guilty a 2021 Netflix exclusive film, I recommend it if you like FMVs!  This film reminds me of Phonebooth starring Colin Farrell.

"Some ppl love a certain movie and you may feel completely different." Totally agree with you on this one mate... Some folks absolutely love Hawaiian pizza, some others think it's blasphemy LOL. Other would kill for a Hawaiian Cheeseburger (Nitro would probably be familiar with this), I'd definitely be one of those crooks!

Have a good one FREE.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JourneySilvers said:

... I'd highly suggest Telling Lies. Or maybe The Shapeshifting Detective. Super interesting games...

I'v got all of the Wales Interactive games ready to stack, but I'm starting from the newest to oldest... I'm gonna get Late Shift JP version last coz I had already completed the EU version back in July 2018... thankfully it's not that expensive, just about ¥1,507.

Looking at my list Telling Lies will be after three other WI-FMV games and The Shapeshifting Detective also three games after that.  Now that you've mentioned these I can't help but get a bit excited for them.  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eispan said:

Fancy seeing you here FREE! I thought it was alright!  I wasn't expecting a Hollywood calibre A-list movie but a point-and-click game.  My expectations shouldn't go much higher than somthing coming from TellTaleGames. It's not perfect I agree but you have gotta give credit to Wales Interactive for reviving the FMV niche and not a lot of game devs out there have constantly brought one out on a regular basis. 

Just finished Playthrough 1 (playing blind) and going on Playthrough 2 right now and for sure a few more playthroughs to come before the platinum... Not really buzzing but nonetheless contented and truly enjoyed the game.  Had this been a big budgeted Hollywood studio project then the plot could have made the grade.  Just came fresh from a Jake Gyllenahaal film similar to an FMV, single location and all dialogue - The Guilty a 2021 Netflix exclusive film, I recommend it if you like FMVs!  This film reminds me of Phonebooth starring Colin Farrell.

"Some ppl love a certain movie and you may feel completely different." Totally agree with you on this one mate... Some folks absolutely love Hawaiian pizza, some others think it's blasphemy LOL. Other would kill for a Hawaiian Cheeseburger (Nitro would probably be familiar with this), I'd definitely be one of those crooks!

Have a good one FREE.

Thanks for saying Hi.  Just say The Guilty pop up on a recommended list on Netflix. Nice to hear you enjoyed it.  

Had a friend say, "some ppl love clams and I hate them".  I've never tried clams.

I usually like most games like this regardless.  Not sure why but I enjoy them unless the story is absolutely horrible.

Phonebooth was a cool Colin Ferrell movie btw.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this game. I’ve come to really love these narrative heavy,“interactive movie” kinds of games from time to time and am always on the lookout for more that might look interesting and have decent reviews. I’ve only played one or two FMV style games within this genre so it’s definitely a niche I’d like to explore a little more. My lazy ass finds it extremely relaxing to just crawl into bed and put one of these on. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kfree7 said:

The Guilty pop up on a recommended list on Netflix. Nice to hear you enjoyed it.  Phonebooth was a cool Colin Ferrell movie btw.

Oh just remembered another one, Oxygen - a French produced Netflix Exclusive which also has that FMV vibe. All dialogue and you can be forgiven for saying it's a acting-monologue.  Stars one of my favourite actresses Mélanie Laurent (from the Now You See Me and 6 Underground fame).  If you haven't seen Oxygen I highly recommend it... Curveballed-plot-twists would be an understatement, if such a word indeed exists.

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

My lazy ass finds it extremely relaxing to just crawl into bed and put one of these on...

3 hours ago, imminent_jargon said:

It's an interesting artifact of the quarantine era, that's for sure. I really liked the premise of a live, online translator/interpreter as a character. Most of the Wales Interactive games I've played have been well worth it. 

Pretty much the pandemic had changed the dynamics on how we consume games and cinema! 

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'll chime in as someone who's played most of their games. I'd say Night Book is much shorter, and that the links between scenes are less polished than in their other games. I often felt the characters' reactions were completely off. I was also a bit annoyed that you can't skip scenes that are identical to others you've previously seen, but occur after different choices were taken. Speaking of choices, I'd say it's their game where they have the less impact. Mild spoiler:

Spoiler

What does locking the door change? Guilt trips? Interpret/translate? They had barely any impact. The only substantial change was the call you choose to take, and even then...

All this to say I'd recommend waiting for it to be heavily discounted, and to play any of their other games before this one.

Imo Night Book is one of the worst FMVs out there. The plot is bad, the choises aren't really useful (if not one or two), and overall it's painfully short compared to The Complex and Five Dates, the other two games that came in the bundle (and I enjoyed). The acting is alright, but that's it. I can't really recommend it.

10 minutes ago, shary96 said:

Imo Night Book is one of the worst FMVs out there. The plot is bad, the choises aren't really useful (if not one or two), and overall it's painfully short compared to The Complex and Five Dates, the other two games that came in the bundle (and I enjoyed). The acting is alright, but that's it. I can't really recommend it.

I really enjoyed Late Shift and this type of gaming experience.

I have all 3 of those in my wishlist and I did not realize there is a bundle, thanks for the heads up about that.  

• Like 1