Favorite & Most Used Gear

Ya_Boy_James

Thought it would be interesting to see what other players like to use since there's the potential for so many different builds! I wound up chasing down all of the duo & legendary boons at least once and the variety is simply wild to me. So many interesting synergies and I probably just scratched the surface. After my Platinum run I had 15 clears out of 197 escape attempts in Hell Mode and a best time of 19:06. My equipment with the most clears was Shield of Chaos - Zagreus (4), Divine Dash (11), Owl Pendant (8).

Some of my favorites were:

Weapon: Eternal Spear - Guan Yu, Twin Fists - Talos

Boons: Divine Dash (huge survivability), Frost Strike/Flourish + Killing Freeze, Pressure Points + Hunter's Mark, Aphrodite / Artemis Aid

Keepsakes: Owl Pendant (Tartarus) -> Frostbitten Horn (Asphodel) -> Pom Blossom (Elysium) -> Evergreen Acorn (Styx)

Companion: Battie

Least favorites:

Weapon: Heart-seeking Bow - Zagreus (got better with Chiron and Rama aspects)

Boons: Ares Aid (really good at killing myself with this), Crush Shot (worst cast + worst way to apply weakness imo)

Keepsakes: Myrmidon Bracer (backstab damage is like... the problem)

What have you liked and disliked using?

• Like 2

Twin Fists + stackable Doom + Arrow firing after every hit... that's my fav combo for burning everything in seconds (with bunch of attack dmg and spd buffs). Used this in my fastest run ever (16 minutes) and fish for it every time I see Ares or Artemis.

Edited by NarcissusBaz
  • Like 4

Finally Platinumed this last night ? Keeping it installed though because it's a lot of fun and still some relationships to work on with Ambrosias, and possibly a 32 Heat statue to unlock!

Finished my 16 Heat run with the Adamant Rail and Aspect of Hestia (the damage on first shot one). Turned Extreme Measures up to 3 but didn't go past that because Hades is pretty rough with Extreme Measures if you ask me!

I'll just talk about the Adamant Rail + Hestia since it's my favorite besides Shield of Chaos...

Started with Artemis Keepsake for first two areas, then Athena Keepsake, then ended with the Broken Spear Keepsake that reduces damage in a 1.x second period.

For Artemis, off the top of my head, my favorite Boons are Critical on Attack, +Critical Chance, +Critical Damage, and the Homing Arrows.

For Chaos Gates I would go for +Attack or +Backstab Damage.

For Athena I would go for Reflect on Dash. Or anything that reduced damage.

If I happen upon Poseidon I loved his Invulnerability + Damage Call! Absolute life saver.

I think Dusa's Companion was my favorite because I didn't really have to aim it very much. Just summon her and help her deal some damage. For my latest runs I was trying out Battie but I seemed to miss a lot -- but when I did hit it hit big!

Gonna miss this game! Maybe I'll play again on for the PS5?

Edited by tranquility101
Lots of misspelling of Aspect of Hestia.
  • Like 1

Twin fist, Ares boons for knock back effect especially dash, extra dash from hermes and dash strike and attack up abilities.  Rupture for knock back effects are a bonus.

The knock back effects work well especially in the 2nd area where you can just keep knocking enemies back into the lava.  You combine the knock back leveled to 4 or 5 with rupture and about 3 or 4 extra dashes and you can break the game and just annihilate everybody fast.  Use the pierced butterfly or whatever it was for 1.2 dodge chance and movement speed every time you clear a level fast and zip through the game in 20 minutes or less. 

the game was great but it did get a bit repetitive toward the end.  Was going to do the ps4 version but decided to wait a while.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am not as far in as the rest of you. I stuck with the sword until I escaped with it. It took 19 runs, then moved to spear and got it in 4 runs, shield in 3, bow in 4. I got to final boss with the gloves last night on my first attempt, but didn't defeat him. So far the sword is my favorite. I'm not sure if it's just because I stuck with it so long that it's just my comfort zone, but I think that once I clear the game with each weapon, I'm going to go back to the sword and invest all my horded titan blood there. I'm not attached to any of the keepsakes yet. I've just been leveling them up to three stars and switching them out. However, the lucky tooth felt 100% necessary early on. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I am not as far in as the rest of you. I stuck with the sword until I escaped with it. It took 19 runs, then moved to spear and got it in 4 runs, shield in 3, bow in 4. I got to final boss with the gloves last night on my first attempt, but didn't defeat him. So far the sword is my favorite. I'm not sure if it's just because I stuck with it so long that it's just my comfort zone, but I think that once I clear the game with each weapon, I'm going to go back to the sword and invest all my horded titan blood there. I'm not attached to any of the keepsakes yet. I've just been leveling them up to three stars and switching them out. However, the lucky tooth felt 100% necessary early on. 

The special sword is OP when awaken.  I also did ho with the gun a lot because of some really nice hammer upgrades. 

• Like 1

Spear with Flurry, Explosion, and Hermes attack speed boon got me through the first 10 escapes. Wasn't a fan of hidden Aspect, lower health killed it

Gloves with attack speed was alot of fun

Bow with flurry and double shot or explosion, with hermes attack speed was super OP

Shield... terrible, not a fan at all

Gun was ok with burst shot, not having to reload was way better

Sword though... jesus, Excalibur is amazing. The added health, high damage to shields,  especially with the +300% armour damage hammer. The aura made traps fun too, trapping something on a slow moving saw blade 

Definitely the weapon that got me past heat 16

Boons: always went for Artemis call, Demeters cast... duo with Artemis is very handy for hit and running Hades. Hermes speed, any attack plus I could get from chaos. Used Thans companion, also Athenas attack or evade counters too. Game was a breeze

4 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

Rail for me.  Why?  I'm too lazy to continuously mash the SQUARE button, and that's the only weapon where you can just hold it down.

Wrong, flurry with the spear, flurry with the bow, also the standard gloves... all hold square

• Like 2

Everything is awesome by providing variety of play.

My first time beating game was with Adamant Rail (2nd time I used it), so I think it is my overall strongest weapon choice. Within that, my first time using the Aspect of Lucifer, I beat Elysium without taking any damage. I remember I was using Butterfly keepsake, and it was when my +30% damage trophy unlocked, and the Hades fight beyond that was also relatively easy because do so much damage from safe distance with Aspect of Lucifer mixed with Ares boons and the Hammer upgrade that lets you do 3 rapid specials.

So I think most powerful is that Aspect of Lucifer, even Level 1 was more powerful almost right from the start than any other run of mine.

I have beaten the game with every weapon aspect, and currently on 15 win streak. Probably 30+ wins overall and about 70 runs total.

I favor the followiing

• For damage: Ares or Poseidon boons (Zeus not bad either)
  • For critical damage: Artemis
  • For speed: Hermes boons
  • For survival: Athena or Dionysus boons (Hermes speed helps)
  • For cast: Poseidon or Demeter

So I think my least favored overall is Aprodite because I don't value "Weak" so much.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

My best weapons, by far, were Aspect of Hestia Rail and Aspect of Chiron Bowthey're both incredibly strong, even at high Heat levels. With Hestia, you simply reload, shoot, reload, shoot, doing absurd damage from a safe distance. Of course, it's important to first remap the reload button to L1 or something, because the default on R3 is quite awkward. As for Chiron, stacking Zeus boons on the special attack, along with plenty of Artemis stuff, will destroy basically everything. Aspect of Beowulf Shield is also extremely good, although I didn't get the chance to use it as often as the aforementioned two.

Wish I could say I got attached to any particular Keepsake, but since I had to level them all, I never really stuck with one for a sufficient length of time. The Acorn is great for ensuring a win against the final boss, and the Shawl pairs well with Hestia Rail. Beyond that, I mostly used god Keepsakes during the first two biomes, to help lock in the exact build I wanted. When it comes to Companions, though, the Battie summon is tough to beat. Makes any boss or miniboss far easier once you get the hang of using it, and it will even hit both Heroes in Elysium, if you walk directly upwards a couple of steps before triggering it at the outset of the fight. After the dialogue, simply tap up on the d-pad, followed by L2; it becomes habitual.

• 2 weeks later...

My go to weapon is the fists. If you go with the Talos hidden aspect. Buff your special up with various boons. The Daedalus hammer has the skill with you heal every time you use your special. Mix that with tidal dash from Poseidon, Demeter's Cast, either Zeus or Dionysus call. Have Hermes make your special faster. It's just really fun. Maybe not the most effecient. But a lot of fun and easy to play with. Got past Heat 16 with minimal problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been playing this game a lot and am really close to getting the platinum. My favorite build is a few iterations of the Bow, specifically the Chiron aspect. I mainly like to have Aphrodite as my primary attack to give the weakness buff. The special lock on is where this bow really starts to pop off.

Hangover: The hangover as your special has a lot of versatility to it. You can get the Ares duo to make the DoT tick faster. You can get the Aphrodite duo to increase the stack size of the DoT. You can get the Artemis duo to increase the critical chance. For hammers you can increase the amount of arrows fired on the special and an increase to the damage on the same target it. Hermes allows for faster movement which is nice for all builds. If you are lucky and get the boons that increase god gauge charge when you deal/take damage  and/or increase gauge when you crit you can use your call a ton. This build is nice and flexible because you only need a couple of these combinations to get going.

Chill: The chill debuff build takes a little more luck to get going because it is a little more specific and requires a lot of Demeter boons. The boon that makes enemies explode when they reach 10 chill stacks is really nice for clearing rooms and deals a ton of damage to bosses. In combination with the Demeter/Artemis cast that quickly follows enemies with the chill beam, room just start exploding on top of Demeter’s increase damage when you don’t have any casts in your pocket. On top of all of this there is a Chill DoT boon and an instant kill boom at 10% enemy health that also works on bosses.

DOOM: Doom is really good on a lot of weapons but specifically if you have Aphrodite has your attack and then Ares as your special with the doom delay and increased doom damage the more it is applied it does a ton of damage with the lock on. I have hit bosses for close to 2k on a crit. This build is also pretty easy to set up too!

Those are some of my favorite bow set ups. Maybe yall can give em a try.

Achilles spear with Flurry Jab hammer. Those dash-strikes, damn. Stackable status effects on attack (hangover, chill) and doom on special. Move around the room using the special which also buffs you. Absolute beast of a build. Melts everything by just mashing 2xTriangle then 2xSquare+X. Can also use cast as secondary damage source.

Second best is any of the cast builds, beowulf being the favorite. Put festive fog on bull-rush and just wait for openings while blocking everything. Any duo boon with festive fog, melts everything.

Edited by Hornet

• 11 months later...
On 10/29/2022 at 6:59 AM, tjray33 said:

Da Truthaboutcats how did you platinum ps5 ManEater in 2 seconds please God bless

Some games auto pop platinum trophies. When I first bought my PS5 I went and tried to auto pop the trophies that would let you do that. Although some glitched and I have to replay GoT.