Thoughts on the trophy list?

Munde_Mohawk

5 minutes ago, Artty44 said:

I will go to the PS4 version of Judgment at some point (I bought the PS4 version but wanted to play a 'PS5 game' so bought the upgrade). Eager to see if Puyo breaks me as I've heard nothing but bad things about it 1f605.png plus any excuse to play it again is welcome.

Artty44.png

Broke me, I'm still pissed. Literally spent hours doing everything just to get blocked by puyo. Even at my best can only get like half way to the required amount for the trophy. Kill for someone who is actually good at puyo to help me...

19 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

Broke me, I'm still pissed. Literally spent hours doing everything just to get blocked by puyo. Even at my best can only get like half way to the required amount for the trophy. Kill for someone who is actually good at puyo to help me...

haha, it's posts like this that make me want to have a crack at it knowing full well that it will annoy me to a ludicrous degree and I'll strop and curse RGG...or I might be the fortunate person who gets it no problem ?

From what I understand luck plays a really big part in it, much like Mahjong albeit to a greater degree. I have a decent backlog of games so maybe I'll forget about it....maybe RGG will release something else that will distract me (Please Kiwami 3!) .....but I'll always know I didn't plat the proper Judgment until I beat puyo. If I hadn't got into Yakuza until this year, I'd have suffered it already so I do feel, as odd as it sounds, that I've missed out on the collective Puyo grief... 

I've made a mental note of this post and will revisit once I've endured the puyo suffering to reflect on the silly person I was back then for wanting to do this ?

Artty44.png

Edited by Artty44

These are mostly the same exact trophies as the first game. Same requirements. That’s a shame. Not looking forward to 100% all the stores again and the dice game. Highest difficulty. Drone races. Fall is when all the big releases come out and I’m still working on games from last year. Still working on Like a Dragon. I just don’t have much time to finish all these games lately. But I’m still looking forward to this game since I loved the first one. Just wish they didn’t copy and paste the same trophies. 

Well this list arrived early. We have until September 21st for early access players and September 24th for the rest until the game releases. 

Decided to not look at the trophy list to avoid spoilers but based off the comments, it's a shame that it's identical to the original one downright to the trophy tiles. Oh well! I care more about the game anyway. 

Looks like an exact replica of the same trophy list for the first Judgment, which I got 33/47. Seems like a similar outcome to Lost Judgment where I will miss out on most/all of the ones that require a lot of time or need to grind on, or simply requires a high skill level to obtain.

Estimating for a 6 or 7 trophy difficulty with 75-80+ hours of gameplay, and will probably only get around 30 or so of them.

2 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Don't want to be off topic but just do the "Three column technique" it's the best way to get all the requirements. I know how annoying this minigame was but don't give up and if you are pissed just take your time.

B2T: I'm hyped for this but won't buy it on release because my backlog is huge af and I still need to platinum Y: Like a Dragon

• Like 2

I was really hoping that Like a Dragon was a sign that we were going to move away from the traditional Yakuza trophy lists a bit, so I'm a bit disappointed to see the usual "beat the game on the hardest difficulty" and "do absolutely everything" trophies here. I just hope Yakuza 8 follows Like a Dragon more in that regard.

8 minutes ago, liammill18 said:

I was really hoping that Like a Dragon was a sign that we were going to move away from the traditional Yakuza trophy lists a bit, so I'm a bit disappointed to see the usual "beat the game on the hardest difficulty" and "do absolutely everything" trophies here. I just hope Yakuza 8 follows Like a Dragon more in that regard.

It's best to think of them as two different franchises from now on. Judgment appears as though it will fill the role of the action-style games that the Yakuza series from 0 - 6 used to be so the lists will likely be a lot more like the previous Yakuza games. 

Like a Dragon 2 or Yakuza 8 or whatever it's called will be turn-based and more RPG style and therefore the trophies will likely be similar to Like A Dragon.

34 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Don't want to be off topic but just do the "Three column technique" it's the best way to get all the requirements. I know how annoying this minigame was but don't give up and if you are pissed just take your time.

B2T: I'm hyped for this but won't buy it on release because my backlog is huge af and I still need to platinum Y: Like a Dragon

I did do that, for hours and days I did that. I'm just really bad at that game I guess because by far best I could do was like half way

So excited for the release of this title! It is looking to be my GOTY. Was thoroughly impressed with the first Judgment. Amazing story, well developed characters, and an atmosphere that felt distinct from the Yakuza Franchise. This will definitely be my next plat because I stopped caring about my backlog. 

Judgment was a really fun plat too! (Currently working on the PS5 iteration). The PS4 version of the platinum is easily a 7 (Maybe even higher) because of fuckin puyo puyo. Anyone who is still interested in the series SHOULD play the PS5 version for the easier platinum experience. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MomentoMiki said:

So excited for the release of this title! It is looking to be my GOTY. Was thoroughly impressed with the first Judgment. Amazing story, well developed characters, and an atmosphere that felt distinct from the Yakuza Franchise. This will definitely be my next plat because I stopped caring about my backlog. 

Judgment was a really fun plat too! (Currently working on the PS5 iteration). The PS4 version of the platinum is easily a 7 (Maybe even higher) because of fuckin puyo puyo. Anyone who is still interested in the series SHOULD play the PS5 version for the easier platinum experience. 

How is the PS5 version of Judgment easier to plat than the PS4 version?

13 minutes ago, tommeyliang said:

How is the PS5 version of Judgment easier to plat than the PS4 version?

They removed one of the hardest to do minigames. Puyo Puyo.
Thus removing the need to do this minigame for the 100% world completion requirement. 

It really is that annoying ?

Edited by UnexpectedWhale

Unpopular opinion, but......... I liked Puyo Puyo ?. I actually had more trouble with Fighting Vipers.

Regarding this trophy list, it looks pretty straight forward. The game looks SO good, but idk if I should wait until I get a PS5 and play it then because Judgment on my base PS4 didn't run so well.

• Like 2

So, looking through the list there doesn't seem to be any of those missable chapter-based trophies - good! Otherwise, seems interesting.

And looking at the Amon bonus boss trophy... is this an entirely new guy or did Shin grow his hair out?

19 hours ago, BKnocheese said:

Unpopular opinion, but......... I liked Puyo Puyo 1f605.png. I actually had more trouble with Fighting Vipers.

Regarding this trophy list, it looks pretty straight forward. The game looks SO good, but idk if I should wait until I get a PS5 and play it then because Judgment on my base PS4 didn't run so well.

I play Judg on base PS4 and is run super ok 

19 hours ago, BKnocheese said:

Unpopular opinion, but......... I liked Puyo Puyo 1f605.png. I actually had more trouble with Fighting Vipers.

I'm the same way. Puyo Puyo was the easiest mini game challenge for me (got it first try), but Virtua Fighters and Fighting Vipers gave me hell lol.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:10 AM, Willreaper41 said:

You could try puyo puyo tetris to try and get a better feel for the game. Plus it wont be mind-numbing practice since it has a story mode.

• 2 weeks later...

The launch dlc has trophies (dating the 3 extra girls). 

Game has save transfer PS4 > PS5 (option on the main menu, pulls directly from hard drive like Ghost). It doesn't retroactively autopop story stuff, so you have to do a Borderlands/ACV and make saves and set it up or play through the story twice at the very least. Stuff like completion and skills does pop when you look at the menus. 

100% will be longer than the first game due to the extra school stuff. Shop and City missions are about the same, though slightly less mahjong required and no Puyo. School stuff is quite lengthy. 

No missable trophies at all this time. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 2

Something I noticed in Lost Judgment is that the cheat items are incredibly cheap in this game. There is a merchant in the homeless area in Ijincho where you can buy them infinitely for 1000 SP. You easily get that much with just one random battle. So instead of trying to go for a ron or a win at a table, you just need to do one random fight, buy the cheat item and use it... You can even make millions when using them on the Royal Table in Vista Mahjong.

The Gambling mini games are all obsolete thanks to this.

It almost makes me think it's unintentional and they meant to make them cost 10000 like in the first Judgment.  (Which would still be fine considering how fast you get your hands on SP in this game)

Edited by Marloges

10 minutes ago, Marloges said:

Something I noticed in Lost Judgment is that the cheat items are incredibly cheap in this game. There is a merchant in the homeless area in Ijincho where you can buy them infinitely for 1000 SP. You easily get that much with just one random battle. So instead of trying to go for a ron or a win at a table, you just need to do one random fight, buy the cheat item and use it... You can even make millions when using them on the Royal Table in Vista Mahjong.

They only cost that much on 1.0, the patch early in the week raised the price of them to 30K each. ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gage said:

They only cost that much on 1.0, the patch early in the week raised the price of them to 30K each. 1f605.png

Oh damn. Kinda figured that couldn't possibly be the intended price, lmao. Glad I got Mahjong out of the way already. Already stocked up on the other cheat items too because I was afraid they might patch it later on, haha.

Edit: And yeah, no patch on PS4 yet.

Edited by Marloges