Display problem

Hello everyone, 

Earlier today I decided to register a new user on here because I wanted to start fresh with a new account. I'm now having some sort of a display problem where the website is not properly loading anymore. The signatures, the pictures and almost everything else isn't displaying correctly. Here are some screenshots to showcase exactly what I'm seeing : 

8CdWBx5.png 

9KQEEkY.png

DR8rGed.png 

I tried clearing the cache along with the cookies, tried incognito mode and tried to access to the website through another browser but I encountered the same anomaly every time. The problem persists whether I'm logged into this account, the new one or completely logged out from both. 

If by any chance someone has been through the same problem and/or is able to help, that would be greatly appreciated ?

5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Maybe it's a cache issue? Whenever I upload or working with images to the site I'm not having any trouble. Try pressing Ctrl + Shift + R on any pages you're having trouble with to see if that solves the issue

Nope, that doesn't work in this situation because the problem is more deeply rooted than a simple cache issue. Multiple sites are affected which either refuse to load at all because of expired certificates or only partially load and have broken images everywhere. I believe the issue is related to this: 

Whilst the PS3 itself is unaffected and still works fine, the Web Browser is near useless because it doesn't have the required security updates to make secure pages load.

• Like 3

I don't know if this will help but it worked for me.
I got tired to seeing broken images and being blocked from sites I usually visit like Wikipedia and Stack Exchange.

I launch Google Chrome using a shortcut.  I altered the shortcut by adding a switch command at the end.  I closed out all Chrome instances and restarted the browser.

Now, I just have a alert on my phone to remember to test if I can remove the switch command every now and then to test if most sites I visit have fixed the certificate issue.

bJ0zm8w.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

I don't know if this will help but it worked for me.
I got tired to seeing broken images and being blocked from sites I usually visit like Wikipedia and Stack Exchange.

I launch Google Chrome using a shortcut.  I altered the shortcut by adding a switch command at the end.  I closed out all Chrome instances and restarted the browser.

Now, I just have a alert on my phone to remember to test if I can remove the switch command every now and then to test if most sites I visit have fixed the certificate issue.

bJ0zm8w.png

Unfortunately, that doesn't work in OS X - at least not the old version I have to use :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

I'm having this exact same problem!!! Noticed it starting on Friday, but every image on PSNP is broken for me, and some sites refuse to load at all for me!

This is only happening on my old Mac computer, everything works fine on my phone.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Unfortunately, that doesn't work in OS X - at least not the old version I have to use :(.

19 hours ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Same for me I use a MacBook 1f612.png

2 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

This is only happening on my old Mac computer, everything works fine on my phone.

Which version(s) of Mac OS are you all using? Something older than 10.12.1?

And have any of you tried the newest version of Firefox your OS will allow?

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Which version(s) of Mac OS are you all using? Something older than 10.12.1?

And have any of you tried the newest version of Firefox your OS will allow?

I'm on Snow Leopard (whatever version that is) and the latest versions of Safari, Chrome and Firefox that still work with such an old OS but all 3 have the same problems :(.

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

No issues on my end but older devices might have problems. You might also have problems with other websites and services that use Let's Encrypt certificates.

https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/

DYEFbA1.png

Is there any way around this issue that doesn't involve buying a new computer?

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm on Snow Leopard

Big oof.

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Is there any way around this issue that doesn't involve buying a new computer?

You can try installing the cert manually. See instructions here:

https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/certificates-are-not-trusted-on-chrome-and-safari-on-old-imac-with-el-capitan/161231/5

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Big oof.

You can try installing the cert manually. See instructions here:

https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/certificates-are-not-trusted-on-chrome-and-safari-on-old-imac-with-el-capitan/161231/5

I have use my iPad to access that site because it won't load on my Mac but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have anything relating to Snow Leopard :(.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I have use my iPad to access that site because it won't load on my Mac but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have anything relating to Snow Leopard :(.

What's the problem? You should be able to install the certificate on Snow Leopard as well. Specifically, see post 5 which I have directly linked.

Edited by HusKy

On 10/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, HusKy said:

What's the problem? You should be able to install the certificate on Snow Leopard as well.

I don't understand anything in that thread and some of the sites mentioned refuse to load on my laptop so I can't download anything that might be useful :(. Also, they say to look for ISRG Root X1 in the Keychain but no such file exists in my Keychain :(. I also can't find DST Root CA X3.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm on Snow Leopard (whatever version that is) and the latest versions of Safari, Chrome and Firefox that still work with such an old OS but all 3 have the same problems :(.

Snow Leopard (10.6.8 and my favorite version of OS X because of Front Row and the ability to run OS 9 apps) was the last 32-bit version of OS X before they mandated everything must be 64-bit. They're currently on 10.17, and unfortunately the oldest any Mac OS is going to get support is Sierra (10.12) so you're just going to be stuck with your problem unless you use something like dosdude1's patcher and update to a newer OS. Even the newest Firefox on 10.6.8 is very out of date for these security issues. I still have a 2008 iMac as well as as 2008 Macbook Pro, both running 10.6.8, but certainly not used to do any web surfing. I keep them both to run Front Row and for app compatibility.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I tried that and it didn't work. It either refuses to install or does install but trusting it does nothing :(.

Try this:

Ah yes, there's one more step I forgot.

Find "ISRG Root X1" in the list and double click it. There'll be a Trust menu you can open, and then change "Use System Defaults" to "Always Trust". Then close the pop up window and it should ask you to enter your password.

You may have to restart as well, yes.

If that doesn't work, then it's time to call your tech-savvy friend/neighbor/colleague. :)

• Like 2