Final Fantasy x/x-2 Questions

Matthew_Banfield

Yeah, it's as Ka-Pi96 said....you get either the Vita or PS3 version, they're not linked :(

I'm super excited about this game, I'll get the PS3 version, I want this experiece to be as similar to the first one as possible, so I want to be holding my DualShock (This time is number 3) while playing it ^^

The Vita version will probably look sharper though.

Edited by omar280792
  • Like 1

I think I will get it on vita :) unless there isn't a special addition version for vita because i think it will be cool to have the collectors edition...

For people complaining about blitz... Lightening dodges!?!?!?!?!?

I want the Collector's Edition so bad but... "Does not ship to..." So yeah

Idk why but the lightning dodges was fun IMO, I never had any probs or frustration while attempting it :o The Chocobo Race was a different story though  :angry:

When I played the PS2 version of FFX, I ended up getting all but Wakka's celestial weapon (and we know that this is just dumb luck), so all of the trophies such as the chocobo race and lightning dodges or playing blitzball are not bad for me.

However... 

I think I'm more afraid of filling the sphere grid for ALL characters. I didn't even finish it with one... :unsure:

I actually haven't played either game (I know, I know, but I completely ignored Final Fantasy until the PSP remake of 1...and then there was the fact that I didn't get a PS2 until 2004), so this'll be a very nice treat for me.  I am concerned about the lightning dodging, since I've heard horror stories about it, but it can't be that bad I guess.  Also I've heard Tidus is kinda annoying...but not as bad as the cast/story in X-2.

The only one I'm not really looking forward to is the "Lightning Dancer" trophy in X (although I never really cared for Blitz Ball either) & please tell me there's no trophy for calibrating all the lightning towers in X-2, I remember a few of those being near impossible...

I want the Collector's Edition so bad but... "Does not ship to..." So yeah

Idk why but the lightning dodges was fun IMO, I never had any probs or frustration while attempting it :o The Chocobo Race was a different story though  :angry:

Don't forget chasing butterflies ^_^

Couldn't agree more... I love the lightning dodge thing, I consider it as a test of my focus and determination ;)... mini-mission/side quest in FFX-2 in the lightning posts is different story...  :shakefist:

Dodging lightning 200 times, can't wait...and since you can't button mash through it, I'll have to tape my eyes open to prevent from blinking  :ninja:

Blitzball...was it around 100 wins to get Wakka's best weapon? It gets boring after a while, if your team is in tip top shape...after scoring just swim behind your goalie to pass time.

I hated Chocobo racing, getting those balloons and finishing with 0:00:00 time is a pain... those friggin' birds just keep on comin'  :shakefist:

Penance...ah, we shall dance again...

I dont think "lightning dodge" is more challenging than defeat yiazmat on FF12 or defeat all dark aeons on FF10 ! dodging on

Thunder Plains are damn easy .. just a lil bit of patience and you will do it! i got that on my first time :)
And yeah  butterfly mini game are annoying (but easy to beat) just use a skill "fast & furious" eheheh

I played these back in the day but don't think I ever came close to getting 100% in either of them, my question for anyone that did manage that how long roughly do you think it took you?

I'm actually hoping on long. These, Ground Zeroes and a huge backlog will be keeping my PS3 busy for the foreseeable future.

Just checked my save time on the PS2 and it was 300+ hours.  But that was with each characters stats maxed - 99,999 HP (except for Rikku who could never reach that) and all stats at 255.  A lot of that time will have been on blitzball as well.  I think you are still looking at 100+ hours, all depends on how low a level you can beat Penance at (remember there are quite a few high level fights to even face it).