Road To The Olympics DLC has been delisted

HusKy

Quite a misleading title don't you think? Delisted content doesn't mean impossible to attain 100%, all who previously bought it are still able to play it.

As others said, just another case of a clueless costumer rep.

3 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I have the DLC in my library - this may be a dumb question, but downloading it should work, right?

Yes, it will remain in your library and you can download it at any time.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Quite a misleading title don't you think? Delisted content doesn't mean impossible to attain 100%, all who previously bought it are still able to play it.

As others said, just another case of a clueless costumer rep.

Yes, it will remain in your library and you can download it at any time.

Edited the title.

@OddlyLucky @DEI2EK

Quick question for those who purchased the physical copy that came with the Olympic  dlc:

Are you able to play/access the Olympic dlc from a secondary account? Or only from the account that the code was redeemed on? May pick up the physical copy if it can be played from secondary accounts.

Edited by SegaJAM

10 hours ago, SegaJAM said:

@OddlyLucky @DEI2EK

Quick question for those who purchased the physical copy that came with the Olympic  dlc:

Are you able to play/access the Olympic dlc from a secondary account? Or only from the account that the code was redeemed on? May pick up the physical copy if it can be played from secondary accounts.

You can share it around just like any other Game or DLC content and as a general rule of thumb, only subscription based games cannot be shared e.g Final Fantasy XIV.

Regarding Steep, I used Olympics DLC code on my main, bought season pass on another account and managed to play all DLC on a third account, you just need to complete tutorial to unlock everything. This implies that both DLC and Game are from the same region.

Also friendly reminder that Steep X Games Gold Edition is on sale ending today and works out cheaper than buying Season Pass as a standalone, which with Olympics DLC allows you to 100% it and you won't need that Steep Winter Games disc anymore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aodir said:

You can share it around just like any other Game or DLC content and as a general rule of thumb, only subscription based games cannot be shared e.g Final Fantasy XIV.

Regarding Steep, I used Olympics DLC code on my main, bought season pass on another account and managed to play all DLC on a third account, you just need to complete tutorial to unlock everything. This implies that both DLC and Game are from the same region.

Also friendly reminder that Steep X Games Gold Edition is on sale ending today and works out cheaper than buying Season Pass as a standalone, which with Olympics DLC allows you to 100% it and you won't need that Steep Winter Games disc anymore.

Disc gold edition have winter dlc or no? 

52 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Ha, if I buy this, I will own THREE copies of the base game.

I got the base game from PS Plus.  I bought a new physical copy of the version with the Olympics DLC just to have it to be safe (hopefully the code works).  And then this possibly. 

Decisions, decisions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Ha, if I buy this, I will own THREE copies of the base game.

I got the base game from PS Plus.  I bought a new physical copy of the version with the Olympics DLC just to have it to be safe (hopefully the code works).  And then this possibly. 

Decisions, decisions.

Beats me, personally I'll just be using the DLCs with the PS Now base game, ended up selling the physical Winter Games as pre owned for what I paid so that DLC was essentially free. All these versions get confusing but with some effort you can actually manage a good deal for everything.

• Like 1

edit. New thread got merged with old thread.

I bought and activated the DLC after it was delisted. The first post and the email it contains is misleading.

This is just a duplicate of this old thread:

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

Bought my brand new copy today.. hoping it works and doesn't say invalid code like a few people have mentioned.

What a shit state these DLCs are. Truly.

Gonna be following this until I see if you success redeeming it! Would very much like to get 100% in this game. 

6 hours ago, Aodir said:

Thanks for confirmation! The reason I asked this specifically is because I remember that in the PlayStation Store, the Olympics dlc's description actually stated that it could NOT be shared on accounts other than the one that purchased it (which may have been misleading?). I imagined the dlc code that comes with the physical release would be playable on secondary accounts and not abide by the same rule. You can still view the description for the now delisted Road to the Olympics dlc over on psdeals.net:

https://psdeals.net/us-store/game/1356004/steep-road-to-the-olympics

*This Unlockable Content is bound to the primary account and cannot be shared with any sub account*

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 4:53 PM, TheManlyMandril said:

Either way, I bought a new copy which is arriving on Friday. I will try to download the DLC then to see if it is still possible. Hopefully it will work!

On 02/02/2022 at 5:02 PM, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

Yeah no worries. I should get the game early next week after shipping. I will reply to this thread and tag you so you know. 

Fingers crossed hey

Okay, so the new copy arrived today. I could download the DLC via the in-game store after putting the DLC activation code. It is definitely still possible to get the DLC, as long as you buy a new physical copy of the Road to the Olympics version of the game. 

Edited by TheManlyMandril
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheManlyMandril said:

Okay, so the new copy arrived today. I could download the DLC via the in-game store after putting the DLC activation code. It is definitely still possible to get the DLC, as long as you buy a new physical copy of the Road to the Olympics version of the game. 

Brilliant news. My brand new copy should be here in the next few days. Glad you can crack on now. 

Back to those pesky gold medals now. Shit.

8 hours ago, TheManlyMandril said:

Right on. Got my sealed copy on the way. Sucks having to purchase the whole game again, but for $12 CAD, can't complain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confirming that the Winter Games Edition codes were temporarily deactivated, but are working again now.

Bought a new copy in December. The code had a listed expiration of 5 December 2099, but at the time it gave an error indicating it was unused but invalid. Tried the code again today and it redeemed successfully.

• Like 1