Buyer Beware - A Reminder

nrs1nrs1

Yeah, I couldn't care less ?‍♂️ ? I was honestly SHOCKED to see it had Released at all actually and that I missed it ? I'll need to wait till next Tuesday when I get paid... Maybe I'll take my Switch past EB Games on the way home from Work in the morning and trade it to buy Aeon Must Die on BOTH my PS5 AND Switch OLED ?

I don't care who is or isn't paid in the process, game looks sick and I want to play it.

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL
  • Like 1

On 23/10/2021 at 7:31 PM, BKnocheese said:

From the developer who previously brought about the abusive and predatory business practices of the publisher:

"We the former developers of Aeon Must Die! are confused and baffled by the announcement of Aeon Must Die! No legal matters pertaining to the situation were solved and even more arose in the aftermath.

The IP issues are not solved. The trademark for the product does not exist. No publisher investigation was conducted. Work for the trailer remains unpaid. Most of the animations in the game remain unpaid.

Multiple legal attempts at REAL compromise have yielded nothing for the last year."

I'm somewhat baffled by some of these responses from people who simply don't care about the people who ACTUALLY made the game. If you're just interested in trophies, there are surely games out there that you can purchase that don't award this kind of behavior. Trophy rarity and hunting should NEVER be an excuse for abhorrent business practices, and if it is, maybe reevaluate your relationship with trophy hunting and video games in general. 

Unfortunately, this sort of behaviour is par for the course with Focus Home Interactive because they've been involved with a few games now where the developers have gone unpaid and/or had their work stolen :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 8:38 AM, HuntingFever said:

Unfortunately, this sort of behaviour is par for the course with Focus Home Interactive because they've been involved with a few games now where the developers have gone unpaid and had their work stolen :(.

Source?  

Also, what exactly is their involvement? This sounds more like a spat amongst the developers 

4 hours ago, GeminiEntity said:

What games exactly? I remember someone saying The Sinking City but that was with BigBen Interactive which is now Nacon.

Also, how do we know this is true without a doubt with regards to Aeon Must Die? Couldn't the emails and other stuff from the drop box been faked or edited?

Seems like something is being left out if it was able to release. Not sure who to believe at this point personally.

There was some trouble between them and Frogwares regarding certain games that Frogwares made but I don't remember much of the specifics, except the situation is/was very similar to what happened with the Sinking City ?. EDIT: Here's the thread I was thinking of: https://frogwares.com/official-statement-on-removal-of-our-games-from-storefronts-by-focus-home-interactive/. It's entirely possible that Frogwares and/or the publishers aren't being entirely truthful about either situation but until more info comes to light, I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

13 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The amount of callousness in here is appalling. No empathy towards the employees 

You can have empathy, but the damage is already done. Not buying the game isn't going to change how the company CEO acts. Given what I have read about the whole thing, the CEO will see poor sales as a result of bitter ex-employees, not his own fault for being a terrible person. So if someone wants to enjoy the game, let them. I would personally see it as a bit of a slap to the face of the devs if what they worked on hard, was never enjoyed by anyone like they originally intended, even though the devs hate the situation.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...