Gameus Interuptus

rallysportev

Ever have that moment when you either start a game or are in the middle of a mission without a save point in sight and for whatever reason you are asked for help from a person IRL?

Share your experience!

Here's mine...

Just started a minor mission in Assassin's Creed IV and as I'm following my game's instructions, my girlfriend comes in and tells me she is in the middle of cooking but is lacking the 2 cans of diced green chiles. It's a cooking catastrophe in the highest order & she needs...my...help...

And so off to the store I went...

To be fair she did kiss me quite profusely upon my return! 

My wife was playing AC4 online upstairs, and I decided to go take the trash out to the dumpster (we live in a group of townhouses and instead of trash service, we have a dumpster at the end of the cul-de-sac). When I walked back, I found my front door had locked behind me and I didn't have my keys. So first I pounded on the door, then rang the doorbell repeatedly until she came down 10 minutes later to let me in. First words out of my mouth were, "Really?" I know what she did, she played her match all the way through before she came downstairs. That's okay, I'll get her back. :P

• Like 4

I was approaching the final boss of The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang and it had to be returned to Blockbuster by Midnight when all of a sudden...the power went out for our entire block :(.

I eventually downloaded the game on an emulator (many years later) and beat it but I remember being very pissed off that that had happened :P

I remember one time, I was playing guitar hero 2, and was at the very end of the game where you play the song "Freebird" by Lynard Skynard. I was in the moment; I wasn't missing a single note and just started the 3rd or 4th solo, and my mom yells at me to stop and take out the trash and put my clothes up. I ignored her at first, (still in the moment), and she runs up the stairs and stands at my doorway. I look over at the door and :blink: I miss my first note!

Needless to say I stopped at that very moment, turned off my game, and took out the trash and put up my clothes. It was only on normal mode, but still....

• Like 1

I was playing Final Fantasy 13 and had a bit of trouble with the final boss and my boyfriend was playing Slender while watching me. I was one hit away from the win, boyfriend screams and I look away to see what's wrong and get annihilated  :S he didn't even scream because of Slender he'd just dropped his phone..

I was playing Final Fantasy 13 and had a bit of trouble with the final boss and my boyfriend was playing Slender while watching me. I was one hit away from the win, boyfriend screams and I look away to see what's wrong and get annihilated  :S he didn't even scream because of Slender he'd just dropped his phone..

Lol thats priceless. But how can you play two games in the same room? xD I imagine you both had headphones?

OT:

Here I was having the fight of my life on Arkham Asylum, I'm in the middle of the Shock and Awe challenge and I'm doing it right! No hits, amazing combo chain and my mother decides is time to go out for lunch. And I'm like, can't you wait 5 minutes? Not that it matters because the moment I say those words I get a hit on the head with a pipe, lose my combo, my no hit bonus and my will to clear the challenge for now xD

Well this may be reversed positions but heres mine, My brother was playing an match of CoD BO2 Zombies and he needed to take care of trash that he left laying around the house. He asked me to take over and at the time i was listening to EDM and he had just gotten both an LMG and dual wield pistols, i spent 5 minutes in his absence doing suicidal charges and feeling like a badass until the last charge got his character killed. He laughed and said "you and your dubstep man" i could'nt help but smile

That one time I defeated Ansem on KH hard mode and I was pretty underlevelled at that time and had died so many times and when I FINALLY beat him and when the FMV was about to play, BAM! My game crashed and instead of watching the ending, I was staring at my XMB  :angry:

Oh wait I didn't read OP post completely short attention span lol I thought this thread was about general game interruption :P

Edited by AKUWAH

Countless times when I would have to take the trash out...

Then I get thrown off whenever I'm fighting a boss and the dog starts barking or someone starts talking to me.  

A few times when I finish a stage or race, my PS3 freezes on the loading screen.  What's even worse is if I did really well on a level I usually suck at, and that happens.

Hmmm.. this happened just recently:

There I was, battling the last boss battle in FF XIII.. with headset... sitting on the floor... feeling the moments... almost near staggering the boss... then suddenly our dog jumped in my lap, yes, our dog do that often... got surprised and distracted... forgot to press the PS button... the stagger meter returned to 100% o.O

I'm trying to earn this trophy.

13Sdf168c.png

Rockin' the Boat
Complete the Sex Mini-Game.

So I lowered the volume. (not mute because I don't like playing a game without any sound) I was in the middle of this "minigame" when suddenly... my mom was about to enter my room.. so I quickly paused the game.

"What was that noise" my mom said.

Awkward situation. So I quickly choose "Main Menu", then the God of War menu theme starts playing. I pretend that this was the noise she heard.

"I'm playing a game here" I said.

"Ok" mom said.

She was just gonna borrow my cellphone then leave my room.

Relieved of what happen, I decided to earn this trophy again. This time it's muted.

• Like 1