MidnightDragonDX's Trophy Hoard

MidnightDragon

• 2 weeks later...

Hey congrats MD!! We actually have this plat in common, I popped this one too a few years back. Def made significantly easier with the save states and extra lives tho!

I'm glad to see you took it upon yourself to "add" this to PM+, since for whatever reason they didn't include it ?

• Like 1

:platinum: #92

1L201f98.png

Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man

Like Ms. Pac-Man, I was grateful to have the save states and able to give myself more extra lives. That also made some of the trickier trophies much more doable. I did enjoy this, though I did find it tricky still even with the extra advantages. I am still a bit burned out on classic Pac-Man. However, with no plans to play the original Pac-Man Museum, this is likely it for a long while.

• Like 4

My newest 100%

Ld5e772.png

Wonder Boy in Monster Land

Another enjoyable old school romp. This one was one of the tougher ones I've done, so took me a bit longer to finish than I expected...and to think people did this without save states and stuff like that! There is an optional boss you have to defeat for 100%, which was a pain in the ass, but I managed. So that's all the Wonder Boy games on PS3 done.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A trio of 100% games

L35e192.png

Just a cheap, crappy Candy Crush clone that clearly wasn't made for consoles. I played it because I was bored and too lazy to start anything worth a damn. :P  Obviously wouldn't recommend it. xD 

Guess I still have some taste for classic Pac-Man left in me, too. xD I'm still not doing Pac-Man Museum anytime soon, though.

L2a02ca.png

L344600.png

• Like 2

:platinum: #93

1L5306e6.png

Stray

This was one of the most fun games I've played in a while. Being a cat is awesome and, of course, the kitty is quite adorable. The game took some creepy and emotional turns I certainly wasn't expecting. The jump mechanics do take a little bit of getting used to, but not too bad. The atmosphere of the game just feels awesome, too. If you haven't played it, do so! If you have PS+ Extra or Premium, no reason not to! Wish I had done it sooner. Will be playing this again on PS5 when I get one.

Platinum shot

vCQlglZ.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

:platinum: #94

1L920983.png

Garfield Lasagna Party

This is a pretty fun Garfield themed Mario Party clone. One of my complaints is the characters move across the board WAY too slow. Unlike in Mario Party, they bounce from space to space and there's no way to speed up the AI. Also, you have the ability to sabotage your opponent's roll regardless of whether its your turn or not. As with all party games, it's more fun if you have other people, but still not bad solo. The trophies are for winning all the minigames. Some may take you a few tries to get first place, but nothing overly difficult, especially if you have the AI on easy. While I recognized some as clones from Mario Party games, some were also their own thing. I was able to get this for less than full price due to reward points and I would strongly recommend a sale since it's not worth the current price. Still, it's a fun game, though I don't see myself stacking it on PS5.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2022 at 11:50 AM, MidnightDragon said:

:platinum: #94

1L920983.png

Garfield Lasagna Party

This is a pretty fun Garfield themed Mario Party clone. One of my complaints is the characters move across the board WAY too slow. Unlike in Mario Party, they bounce from space to space and there's no way to speed up the AI. Also, you have the ability to sabotage your opponent's roll regardless of whether its your turn or not. As with all party games, it's more fun if you have other people, but still not bad solo. The trophies are for winning all the minigames. Some may take you a few tries to get first place, but nothing overly difficult, especially if you have the AI on easy. While I recognized some as clones from Mario Party games, some were also their own thing. I was able to get this for less than full price due to reward points and I would strongly recommend a sale since it's not worth the current price. Still, it's a fun game, though I don't see myself stacking it on PS5.

Never heard of it but now I am slightly curious. Would it be suitable for 5-year-olds? Wouldn't mind picking it up if the price is right during a sale.

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

I really like it when players post their platinum shots. You should do that often if it's not a hassle. :D

I'll keep that in mind for the future. I'm a bit picky on my plat shots and I won't show them if I don't like how they look. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

:platinum: #95 

1L6ace1d.png

Cleopatra Fortune S-Tribute

A nice little Egyptian themed Tetris-like puzzle game It took a little getting used to, but not too bad. The biggest thing is earning large combos and clearing the board. That will get you high scores quickly. Mystery Mode is try to solve a puzzle with the pieces they give you. The frustrating thing is they didn't translate the clear condition into English, but found a translated list on Steam and some videos on YouTube. It wasn't bad for what it was. 

Platinum shot

ekUbGdc.jpg

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

I keep changing my mind. xD Need to focus since I'm getting closer.

top 3 choices? I'd say Valkyrie Elysium or Star Ocean 6. Pretty sure you bought both but the grind in SO6 is long, and Elysium can have some terrible camera angles and i didn't try hard mode at all so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

top 3 choices? I'd say Valkyrie Elysium or Star Ocean 6. Pretty sure you bought both but the grind in SO6 is long, and Elysium can have some terrible camera angles and i didn't try hard mode at all so.

If I haven't made up my mind by the time I hit #99, I'll open it to suggestions. xD 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My newest 100%

Le47fec.png

There isn't a whole lot to be said about UNO. It's fun, everyone knows it. Some of the trophies can be a pain in the ass. If you decide to do the online trophy legit, do 2v2 to save yourself some headaches. Still, had fun.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2