Playstation Home is apparently back online.

Breakingthegreen

On 2022-11-07 at 5:15 AM, jagangsters55 said:

Oh for sure then 

Couldn't agree more, very well put together!

Indeed. Mystic has some of the highest quality investigative and documentary style videos on all things Sony/PlayStation and clearly puts a lot of time and effort in his videos. I am a big fan of his channel. ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2021 at 3:15 AM, kevao97 said:

ultimately, if you really want to play one of these "forbidden" games, do it.

don't limit yourself to the rules of the leaderboard, it's not worth anything anymore. this is just personal advice. at some point i plan to play one of these games, and failing to play what i want because of an internet site seems very alienating, i'm starting to wonder about that.

Keep in mind the rules state that re-enabled trophies must earned after approval, not before, if they ever are. So there’s another decision point to consider, either take this opportunity or leave it (if it is eventually decommissioned as well) with that stipulation. Or you can wait for it too to stop working entirely.

There was screenshot of a discord conversation posted (not regarding this game) which illuminated why there’s even a debate over open sourcing these things in the first place. It was of course edited out of that thread to control the narrative. I recall part of it reading “open source =/= transparency” but that was just the tl;dr to the more elaborative statement.

The only advice I can give to handle late arrival achievers is to install the trophy list, hide it, then earn a trophy in another game, all before your next psnp update, so you can preemptively hide the list without someone being able to prove the game was on your profile using web archive.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

I know one thing for certain, there's no way in hell Sony would ever bring Home back themselves. For years, they've clearly acted like they're ashamed of it.

The project never made it out of beta, even though it had a pretty solid player base.

Come on, it wasn't the greatest thing in the world but the interaction in 2010 was very immersive. I met people who played for years and spent fortunes on it.

The reasons for discontinuing software, even more so when dealing with a live service, can be quite complex. But it would have been nice if Sony had cared a little more about their fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony should bring Ps home back and show zuckerburg how it's done. 

32 minutes ago, Klart said:

After 8 years people are earning Trophies again. Can we get back online?

I believe there is a fan project that allows people to get the trophies again. From what I understand you need a jailbroken ps3 and this site considers you a cheater if you get those trophies 8 years after the shutdown so you might be removed from the leaderboards here