Sega's 'Alien Isolation' Announced

Chambers35

Colonial Marines wasn't Sega's mess up. It was GearBox's laziness and outsourcing to a lesser known development studio. Isolation is being developed by Creative Assembly; makers of the Civilization series.

The only problem I have with this game is the rumored plot. Supposedly you are Elen Ripley's daughter but, If anyone remembers the beginning of Aliens, Elen is told that her daughter passed away and lived a full life while she was in cryo. Major plot hole if you asked me.

• Like 3

Sega own the rights to the franchise and they want to make money, they aren't just going to stop making Alien games because the last one was shit. A lot of people forget that Colonial Marines actually sold really well, chances are this will as well regardless of quality.

This game has real potential, and it looks like they have actually listened to what the fans want this time around which is great, if they can get this game right it'll be amazing!

>Was announced ages ago

>Not interested after the last one they made.

Gearbox made the last one, this is an entirely differently developer. Sega is developing both titles though, since they have rights to the Alien franchise. 

Parker

• Like 1

Sega own the rights to the franchise and they want to make money, they aren't just going to stop making Alien games because the last one was shit. A lot of people forget that Colonial Marines actually sold really well, chances are this will as well regardless of quality.

So did Duke Nukem, people like to buy into hype. I remember when the last Aliens game came out there was this one poster who kept braggin about how the Wii U was going to get the best version so everyone should buy Wii U...well in the end the Wii U didn't even get a version of Aliens :P.

The point is i hope this time people wait until after it is released before picking it up or better yet put Randy Pitchford on the same warning list as guys like Peter Molyneux.

Here is a quote from Randy about Duke Nukem...why do people like this guy?

"I don't know if you've played Duke Nukem Forever. It's awesome," gloated Pitchford to Eurogamer"And it occurred to me, the pacing was exactly like Half-Life 2, where the game would get me in a puzzle space and I would be confined there until I worked out what the components of the puzzle space are. It's basically a linear, narrative experience, but the puzzles are derived from the environment. It's not just 'shoot the guy' ... It's almost identical, beat for beat in terms of its gameplay pacing, to Half-Life."

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

So did Duke Nukem, people like to buy into hype. I remember when the last Aliens game came out there was this one poster who kept braggin about how the Wii U was going to get the best version so everyone should buy Wii U...well in the end the Wii U didn't even get a version of Aliens :P.

The point is i hope this time people wait until after it is released before picking it up or better yet put Randy Pitchford on the same warning list as guys like Peter Molyneux.

Here is a quote from Randy about Duke Nukem...why do people like this guy?

I actually really liked Duke Nukem Forever...  D:

You couldn't possible be talking about Ps360, could you?

Parker

Colonial Marines wasn't Sega's mess up. It was GearBox's laziness and outsourcing to a lesser known development studio. Isolation is being developed by Creative Assembly; makers of the Civilization series.

The only problem I have with this game is the rumored plot. Supposedly you are Elen Ripley's daughter but, If anyone remembers the beginning of Aliens, Elen is told that her daughter passed away and lived a full life while she was in cryo. Major plot hole if you asked me.

I tracked down the scene from it to try and see exactly how much they say about her and really now that I look they don't give away much, the guy makes it sound like they had a hard time tracking down information on her and the only things he has to tell Ellen are that she was married and passed away but nothing else on her life. So I think that maybe they can pull it off as canon as long as they justify that :

1. Amanda would want to distance her self after the events to the extent that there would be little information to be found
  2. There would be no evidence of the Alien left by the conclusion and reason enough that she wouldn't try tell the world because in Aliens of course nobody believes Ellen Ripley's claims

So yeah could go either way depending on how they handle it, it will either make total sense in context or piss off fans everywhere. Lets hope they pay attention.

This game has real potential, and it looks like they have actually listened to what the fans want this time around which is great, if they can get this game right it'll be amazing!

But Colonial Marines had a huge backlash from fans (including me  :angry:  )

I hope Sega doesn't screw up this Alien game.

Edited by wolverinefangirl