RDR unlimited multiplayer XP (0 to level 50 in an hour)

BinkUncia

On 10/8/2019 at 11:11 PM, rompami said:

Is the private network workaround as easy as connecting the ps3 to a desktop computer or do I have to do something else? 

Also deleting the patch set me back to lvl 1 so I do not reccomend that! Luckily I had a backup save but it still set me back 5 levels..

About the patch thing, I didn't try to delete it but yes it's true if you delete it you will be set back to level 1. Someone pointed it out previously so be careful about it, of course if you are not too deep in the grind and you can get the TRIPLE EXP to work GO FOR IT, but be sure to have a backup just in case :) .

About the question regarding the network workaround, from my memory (it was almost a year ago after all) it was a simple as my "guide" stated. I don't think I did anything different the what I stated above in my comment.

Sorry for the delayed response, hope it helps or I hope you already got the trophy by now.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/03/2020 at 6:48 PM, Everz00 said:

I have used the LAN mode method by linking my PS3 with my PS4 with a standard ethernet cable. Worked like a charm. I own the digital version.

Was your PS4 connected to your wifi and then you ran an ethernet cable from your PS4 to PS3 and this still worked?

24 minutes ago, Mole17 said:

Was your PS4 connected to your wifi and then you ran an ethernet cable from your PS4 to PS3 and this still worked?

Both my PS3 and PS4 were disconnected from Wi-Fi and set to LAN connection in network settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:14 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

I just tried this. Couldn't get it to work.

Can you please post a step-by-step??

Sorry mate, missed your message.

DOUBLE XP IN LAN MODE:
1. Disconnect your PS3 from Wifi/Ethernet
2. Plug in the Ethernet cable in your PS3 and the other end in the other device you're using (computer/ps3/ps4) to create your LAN. The two systems create a 'local area network' just by being linked together. There's no need to wire your router or anything else as well.
3. Go to connection/network settings and make sure you set your both of your system's online connection to LAN
4. Load up the Multiplayer LAN mode via Single Player
5. Make sure you have any auto sleep mode on your systems turned off to prevent server connection loss while you're farming.
6. Grind your favourite hideout, the hideout summary will say you get normal XP, but your XP in the experience bar actually goes up by the double amount.

TRIPLE XP (only for disc versions of the game)
1. Same steps as above but delete all patches as well
2. NOTE: resets your current level

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Everz00 said:

DOUBLE XP IN LAN MODE:
2. Plug in the Ethernet cable in your PS3 and the other end in the other device you're using (computer/ps3/ps4) to create your LAN. The two systems create a 'local area network' just by being linked together. There's no need to wire your router or anything else as well.
3. Go to connection/network settings and make sure you set your both of your system's online connection to LAN
5. Make sure you have any auto sleep mode on your systems turned off to prevent server connection loss while you're farming.
6. Grind your favourite hideout, the hideout summary will say you get normal XP, but your XP in the experience bar actually goes up by the double amount.

So effectively this is all done offline?

On 15/04/2020 at 3:05 PM, Everz00 said:

DOUBLE XP IN LAN MODE:

I tried a similar method myself last week but got lost fiddling in step 3 and ended up putting a pet in the toaster instead.

I did this (I think):

1. Maintain an online network connection.

2. Delete RDR game data but NOT save data.

3. Enter RDR in single player.

4. From the menu, enter Multiplayer LAN.

5. Go to Tumbleweed. Pick up a Bolt Action Rifle from the red house.

6. Go to Twin Rocks. Repeatedly clear that hideout because it gives the same approximate EXP as every other hideout, but it can be cleared faster than all the others with the simplest enemy layout. Aim to maintain a constant Kill Chain. My goal for each clearance was ~1400EXP. It takes about 2 mins per clearance.

7. When you complete the hideout press Left on the D-Pad to restart it instantly. Your ammo will refresh for free.

8. Every few levels the hideout gets overcrowded with dropped guns and your radar stops working. Clear the hideout then press Right on the D-Pad to stop restarting it. Get on your horse and ride away until you have left the area, then turn around and repeat steps 6-8.

9. Don't turn off your PS3 to prevent the automatically-downloaded 1.08 update from installing. 

Level 35 is the half-way point because of the EXP curve. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/957922-red-dead-redemption/56932991

Takes about 8-10 hours.

Edited by GonzoWARgasm

I have also been struggling with the leveling, without any glitches, cause i couldn't find any servers with it. And nowadays, there are only RDR2 videos everywhere that it ends up messing with RDR searches, but i'll keep looking for it, during my run to platinum. If i find any i'll reply here again, wish me luck!

Edited by VitorKaefer_99
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 15/04/2020 at 5:05 PM, Everz00 said:

DOUBLE XP IN LAN MODE:

Can anyone confirm that this method still works? I’ve just tried it for the triple XP but the hideouts were giving out standard points. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Mole17 said:

Can anyone confirm that this method still works? I’ve just tried it for the triple XP but the hideouts were giving out standard points. Thanks.

It only works with the original release of the game when that's played unpatched, because the GOTY Edition and Undead Nightmare Standalone disc come pre-patched to 1.08 so the only patch you can remove is the 1.01/1.09 GameSpy removal update.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

It only works with the original release of the game when that's played unpatched, because the GOTY Edition and Undead Nightmare Standalone disc come pre-patched to 1.08 so the only patch you can remove is the 1.01/1.09 GameSpy removal update.

Did this work for you?

I am using an original release game. I did follow each step that was instructed. I always use Ethernet for connectivity so both PlayStation’s are set up for LAN. 

4 minutes ago, Mole17 said:

Did this work for you?

I am using an original release game. I did follow each step that was instructed. I always use Ethernet for connectivity so both PlayStation’s are set up for LAN. 

I used the McFarland Ranch exploit when the servers were hacked a few years ago so had no need of the LAN trick. All I know, is from what's in the Guides so can't give first hand experience of this exploit :(.

44 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I used the McFarland Ranch exploit when the servers were hacked a few years ago so had no need of the LAN trick. All I know, is from what's in the Guides so can't give first hand experience of this exploit :(.

Ok. Well, I’ll give it another go this evening. Thanks for responding.

I just tried to the LAN work around with a PS3 connected to a PS4 but I forgot to pay attention to my XP. I cleared Pike's Basin and it put me at Level 5. I played it again and it put me to Level 7. Does this sound like the triple xp? I'm playing with an unpatched original.

On 13/06/2020 at 4:40 PM, ounity said:

I just tried to the LAN work around with a PS3 connected to a PS4 but I forgot to pay attention to my XP. I cleared Pike's Basin and it put me at Level 5. I played it again and it put me to Level 7. Does this sound like the triple xp? I'm playing with an unpatched original.

I’m not sure to be honest. I ended up just grinding Twin Rocks over and over again as mine wasn’t giving out triple XP. I was earning around 800-1400EXP each round. Depending on my kill chain and quickness.