Is this game worth attempting to plat?

I haven't ever actually played AC before, but I've been wanting to do another game on my vita, but looking at all the posts on here I saw that the game is insanely buggy. Are the trophies themselves bugged? Or just the game? But really, I want to ask, is this game even really worth trying to go for? Would it be worth my time? 

Interested to hear what people say too as it's quite old.  I have the game here ready to install while on holidays.  Not a massive AC fan but have played i think 4 in all from the start.  None of the newer ones.  They are very "samey" to me, like most AAA games.  However something to pick up and play on the vita is always a bonus.  

I see people still getting the trophies so it's doable. However, the game has always been very glitchy and prone to crashes, not to mention the multiplayer is a repetitive grind.

If you really want the game I'd go for the PS3/PS4 remasters. But if you want to play on Vita - yes it's still possible, it's just the worst version of the game.

On 12/27/2021 at 7:35 AM, leandrorhcp said:

I see people still getting the trophies so it's doable. However, the game has always been very glitchy and prone to crashes, not to mention the multiplayer is a repetitive grind.

If you really want the game I'd go for the PS3/PS4 remasters. But if you want to play on Vita - yes it's still possible, it's just the worst version of the game.

How do you even do the multiplayer trophies? I read them and tried it a bit and was like uhhh I have no idea what’s going on here lol

• 6 months later...

I can only advice anybody to outright avoid the VITA version of AC Liberation.
This games vita version is bugged and has a stupid, not entertaining multiplayer mode.

If you are a new player interested in the AC franchise and you where never able to play AC Liberation: 
1) Go for the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed III Remastered, where Liberation Remastered is included.

2) Buy the season pass for AC Odyssey, where Assassin's Creed III Remastered and Liberation Remastered are included.

3) Or if you are still using a PS3, look if you can still buy Assassin's Creed Liberation HD.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t say it’s buggy as much as it is kind of finicky. It can be really vague at times on how certain collectables or trophies work (I.e. Tree Ninja), so more than once now I’ve assumed it’s glitched on me only to discover I wasn’t doing something exactly the way it wanted me to. I’m in the process of getting the Plat myself though, at 72% and it’s crashed once so far but otherwise it’s been stable. MP is a grind but easy to chip away at.

As far as AC games go it’s fine, for all it’s faults I really liked AC III and thought Liberation was a decent companion to it, but I wouldn’t say essential.

If you’ve never played one though there are probably better places to start, I know the Ezio saga is generally celebrated, but I always recommend Black Flag to anyone who hasn’t tried it. :)  

It's a pretty easy game overall regardless of version but the Vita version bugged on me and locked me out of a collectible on my first playthrough, had to do a speedrun in one day to get everything again. The multiplayer is boring but easy. I played it for an hour per day and it took me only a few days to get all the trophies for it.

• Like 2

On 27/12/2021 at 6:16 AM, riolaaaey said:

I haven't ever actually played AC before, but I've been wanting to do another game on my vita, but looking at all the posts on here I saw that the game is insanely buggy. Are the trophies themselves bugged? Or just the game? But really, I want to ask, is this game even really worth trying to go for? Would it be worth my time? 

Personally I’d recommend playing one of the good ones if it’s your first ac.

origins, black flag, syndicate or something, but they’re all the same really, they all kinda suck, if you’ve done 1 you’ve done them all, so you might as well do one that’s bearable 

Liberation is not a good game, nor is it a good AC game. It adds nothing to the overall story and aside from a few story points and reveals towards the end (that I won't spoil) it was a very boring experience. All the new things the game tries fall flat and feel incomplete and quite tedious, for example the persona system. It's playable, but not worth the time or money. Stay away unless you have a very specific reason to for it (doing all AC games/wanting a companion story to AC 3/hating yourself).

• Like 3

It wasn’t particularly buggy for me - though that multiplayer stuff on the vita version was painful, and so truth be told, I’d probably recommend the port to PS4, as they removed that stuff.

In terms of AC stories, I liked that one - Aveline is one of the more interesting protagonists, and it did do some more unusual stuff mechanically to make up for the lesser scope required to fit it on vita (different “personas” with different costumes etc)

The game is decent - there are much worse AC games (including ACIII, which it was a spin-off from!)…

…but there are also many better ones, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.7.2022 at 4:51 PM, KondeBra said:

The consensus at the time was that it was better than the big brother AC3 storywise.

For me AC3 had a really boring story.

Personally I prefer the story of AC3. Simply because of the fact that it is relatively clear who the main antagonist of AC Liberation is, knowable since the first slave liberation. This game is a simple copy&paste re-skin of AC3, minimised for the VITA, nothing more nothing less. But it is not enjoyed best on the VITA. Also some of the grind trophies are just absolute shit.

On 19.7.2022 at 5:59 PM, Wolf_Dealer said:

I wouldn’t say it’s buggy as much as it is kind of finicky. It can be really vague at times on how certain collectables or trophies work (I.e. Tree Ninja), so more than once now I’ve assumed it’s glitched on me only to discover I wasn’t doing something exactly the way it wanted me to. I’m in the process of getting the Plat myself though, at 72% and it’s crashed once so far but otherwise it’s been stable. MP is a grind but easy to chip away at.

As far as AC games go it’s fine, for all it’s faults I really liked AC III and thought Liberation was a decent companion to it, but I wouldn’t say essential.

If you’ve never played one though there are probably better places to start, I know the Ezio saga is generally celebrated, but I always recommend Black Flag to anyone who hasn’t tried it. :)  

Still, the PS3 HD version and the PS4 version are superior. Only played the PS3 HD version until now myself, but is was less plagued with bugs.

One of my favorite AC Games is part IV (Black Flag), too. 

I also like Rogue, although it is a copy&paste re-skin of AC4. But at least it has naval combat like AC4, a unique story and acts as a prequel to AC3 and Unity.

Edited by Geridian

On 19.7.2022 at 6:57 PM, Stan Lee said:

It's a pretty easy game overall regardless of version but the Vita version bugged on me and locked me out of a collectible on my first playthrough, had to do a speedrun in one day to get everything again. The multiplayer is boring but easy. I played it for an hour per day and it took me only a few days to get all the trophies for it.

This ^ .

Also the touch controls in general are just awful. I even had dead enemies floating all over the place so many times. Even made some hilarious pictures of this ?

21 hours ago, Geridian said:

I also like Rogue, although it is a copy&paste re-skin of AC4. But at least it has naval combat like AC4, a unique story and acts as a prequel to AC4 and Unity.

Its actually directly a sequel to AC4 and only a prequel to Unity. 

On 30.7.2022 at 5:49 AM, Da_Civilz said:

Its actually directly a sequel to AC4 and only a prequel to Unity. 

Yeah, I meant "Prequel to AC3" bur wrote "AC4". Corrected it now.

Story wise the Kenway saga is: AC4 -> Rogue -> AC3, although Rogue came out at the same time as Unity.

Edited by Geridian
Corrected

14 hours ago, Geridian said:

Story wise the Kenway saga is: Rogue -> AC3 -> AC4, although Rogue came out at the same time as Unity.

Its actually AC4>AC Rogue> AC3> Ending of Rogue which takes place after AC3> and Unity, with maybe Liberation sprinkled in somewhere

Edward meets Adewale in 4 who shows up older in Rogue, With Edwards Son, Haytham and a younger Achilles from AC3

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'll bump this thread. I don't think this game deserves the negativity it gets. Yeah, there's some finicky trophies like the "Tree Ninja" trophy, but there's methods to try and people obviously get the trophy and platinum. The 100% mission constraints were fairly straightforward and easy, the story was actually fun to watch unfold, and being newer to the Vita, I really enjoyed the experience as a whole. 

It doesn't hand you certain niceties you get in other games of the series such as collectibles on the map, nor is the touchpad usage great, but it's an experience that I'm glad I picked back up and will be finishing shortly. 

TLDR: Give the Vita version of Liberation a shot. It's a good game for what it is and if nothing else, the story is good. :)

• Like 1