worst battlegame ever?

melodicmizery

is it just me or is this game awful. the aiming seems really janky. the level design is weak. a simple leaderboard of kills and deaths seems nonexistent even after the match. the loadouts basically look like 10 different players where you can choose the same guns for all. even adjusting the sensitivity its still janky

• Like 3

Agreed, been going downhill and chasing fads (Battle Royale, heroes, other bs) since BF4. (That while a great game had massive issues at launch that needed to be rectified over the next year with patches)

Sad to see it come down to this, if there ever will be BFBC3 I'm afraid it would again be a minimum-effort cash grab on last good name and nostalgia by BF standards.

But let's all away the next year's E3 with all the marketing fluff how they 'listen' to the playerbase, how they adapted, they changes, maybe they even take a year off to make it ground-up and amazing yadda yadda yadda. EA wants another FIFA/NBA XX to resell yearly not a quality shooter with content and quality mechanics to last a few.

i am blown away at how the most basic things just arent in the game, or im not seeing them??

up on the dpad to equip a gernade??? why even have one at all.

at no point at all do i know what i did during a match or after a match. there is no stats really at all in the game screen. and when you look to see whose playing there is no leaderboard per round, no kill status per round, no death count. 

battlefield consistently seems to take things that have worked for years, and gets rid of them

the menu, what a mess. im trying to figure out what im looking at and wtf is going on with my loadout

the unbalance of your weapons. me and my friend played about 6 hours straight i think? and were getting smoked by guns with extended clips. i watched him corner someone and empty his entire clip into them point black and then immediately just die from barely a few shots. i dont even know really how to find the guns everyone else is using. i just see the basic 4 or 5 guns. every single class seems to have the same guns

and the best battlefield game of all time bfbc1 has no maps at all in the game it seems. 

we did have a little fun with the elves game. but that also got boring quick when you knife someone 5 times and they dont die.

the controls arent tight at all.

and the worst part, our squad being booted to the main menu for absolutely no reason about 30-40% of the time in a match. and then the game gets confused and i start a game and it dont pull my squad with me. i have to then leave the squad and rejoin it for it to work. after the long loading times it gets quite infuriating. 

this is the first battlefield i really really regret buying. 

also i just checked battlelog, they dont even have stats there? even hardline has stats lol

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

I don't really understand why people are so surprised and why the game sold so many copies (it has over 80K negative reviews on Steam). There was a free beta for people to play the game and it was an absolute disaster. This is what happens when people blindly buy games on day one and then they cry the game is crap. I really don't understand why people can't wait a week or two to check reviews, gameplays, etc to decide.

I'm still playing BF1 and I'm loving it. The player base is still alive. Heck, I even went back to BFV recently and that pile of crap is still miles better than BF2042.

@melodicmizery: it seems you just got the game. There were tens of articles everywhere about how the game is absolute shit, even non-gaming websites were talking about this utter failure. I'm not really sure why you even bought the game at this point. The player base (on Steam) dropped from 100K daily players to under 20K in a little over a month after the release. I mean, BFV has more active players than BF2042. If that doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the game...

Edited by theSpirae
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, theSpirae said:

I don't really understand why people are so surprised and why the game sold so many copies (it has over 80K negative reviews on Steam). There was a free beta for people to play the game and it was an absolute disaster. This is what happens when people blindly buy games on day one and then they cry the game is crap. I really don't understand why people can't wait a week or two to check reviews, gameplays, etc to decide.

I'm still playing BF1 and I'm loving it. The player base is still alive. Heck, I even went back to BFV recently and that pile of crap is still miles better than BF2042.

@melodicmizery: it seems you just got the game. There were tens of articles everywhere about how the game is absolute shit, even non-gaming websites were talking about this utter failure. I'm not really sure why you even bought the game at this point. The player base (on Steam) dropped from 100K daily players to under 20K in a little over a month after the release. I mean, BFV has more active players than BF2042. If that doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the game...

i have every single battlefield game. my friend came to visit and its been a tradition of ours to play battlefield over the years as he lives a few hours away. co op, hooking up double tv's. i bought it at the last second for time reasons. they didnt need to do much to make the game good. they already had the engine. which i dont know if they even used frostbite or dice this time. it was in the most popular games on this website for a while so i didnt think it was this janky. theres alot of games people call shit and i still enjoy. but this one really is shit. battlefield has always had bad launches and bad demos and bad betas and the overall game still was fun. 

so i dunno shame on me for not doing more research i guess. i usually put battlefield in a leauge of something like gta where if you liked all the rest youll prob like the next one. 

anyways does anyone know if you can make a hazard zone match in portal, i dont see it anywhere and that mode seems like a drag to get 50 of those things

@melodicmizery you cannot make a hazard mode in portal as of now. That was a damn grind for me to finish. Good luck if you are going for the plat, I'm close but not finished with the rest. Just a little burnt out.

I agree some of the mechanics suck hard, the grenade being something you have to equip rather than just use is pretty shitty to me. Its honestly one of my biggest gripes. 

I'd say I have faith in the future of the game but as close as I am to the plat I doubt I'll come back to it when I finish. Its a shame, BF is the only real competitive game I like to play.

Edited by RoxasOnFire
Spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

@melodicmizery you cannot make a hazard mode in portal as of now. That was a damn grind for me to finish. Good luck if you are going for the plat, I'm close bit not finished with the rest. Just a little burnt out.

I agree some of the mechanics suck hard, the grenade being something you have to equip rather than just use is pretty shitty to me. Its honestly one of my biggest gripes. 

I'd say I have faith in the future of the game but as close as I am to the plat I doubt I'll come back to it when I finish. Its a shame, BF is the only real competitive game I like to play.

im def never playing this again when im done lol. ive been playing bot matches. the weapon recoil is awful and the targets are so far away. the data drive game is ridiculous. a ai sniper jumped off a ladder to knife me and then ran back up the ladder and when i was getting revived he jumped off the ladder again behind the guy reviving me and knifed him as well. i think i can grind everything out pretty much as long as dice dont bring another update out. the data drive games are what im dreading. it sucks you die and thats it. they think everyone can shoot like billy the kid or simo hayhas 

6 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

im def never playing this again when im done lol. ive been playing bot matches. the weapon recoil is awful and the targets are so far away. the data drive game is ridiculous. a ai sniper jumped off a ladder to knife me and then ran back up the ladder and when i was getting revived he jumped off the ladder again behind the guy reviving me and knifed him as well. i think i can grind everything out pretty much as long as dice dont bring another update out. the data drive games are what im dreading. it sucks you die and thats it. they think everyone can shoot like billy the kid or simo hayhas 

Hahaha yeah it can be a pain. There are so many decent guns in the game. I stick with the first gun you get bc I have so much tier progress with it so I'm by default weaker but I'm okay with it.

Be careful on bot only matches your tier progress only goes so far then you are just playing for limited xp.

On 1/1/2022 at 9:29 AM, RoxasOnFire said:

Hahaha yeah it can be a pain. There are so many decent guns in the game. I stick with the first gun you get bc I have so much tier progress with it so I'm by default weaker but I'm okay with it.

Be careful on bot only matches your tier progress only goes so far then you are just playing for limited xp.

what game did we boost together was it bioshock2? or dead rising i think. im sticking with the default as well only for kills for this stupid trophy. i dont know about the other guns but i know for this one you have to burst fire because of the recoil. and if there is 2 enemies youll prob die on a reload

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

what game did we boost together was it bioshock2? or dead rising i think. im sticking with the default as well only for kills for this stupid trophy. i dont know about the other guns but i know for this one you have to burst fire because of the recoil. and if there is 2 enemies youll prob die on a reload

Shoot dude, I can't remember lol, I've boosted too many games and clean out my friends list after a while. I want to say it was bioshock 2, but that was so long ago. I have to be honest I kinda quit playing 2042 after all the hazard mode trophies were finished. I'm close to all my t1 trophies but I can't bring myself to play the game right now. I told myself no more grindy coop or competitive games, yet here I am, still playing them.

13 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Shoot dude, I can't remember lol, I've boosted too many games and clean out my friends list after a while. I want to say it was bioshock 2, but that was so long ago. I have to be honest I kinda quit playing 2042 after all the hazard mode trophies were finished. I'm close to all my t1 trophies but I can't bring myself to play the game right now. I told myself no more grindy coop or competitive games, yet here I am, still playing them.

i think it was dead rising 2. because it kept booting us in the center park lol. 

supposedly they are going to patch everything to be able to tier it fully against bots in the next patch. so thats what ill prob do after my hazards are done.

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

i think it was dead rising 2. because it kept booting us in the center park lol. 

supposedly they are going to patch everything to be able to tier it fully against bots in the next patch. so thats what ill prob do after my hazards are done.

Dead rising 2, a game I've blocked from my memory due to its horrible inconsistencies lol. 

It would be cool if they let us tier grind fully against bots, not that the pvp with humans is so bad it's just become more of a chore than anything (looking at you vehicles). I suppose it would be better off if the number required to hit that mastery wasn't so high (again vehicles, I don't mind the gun or gadgets).