Synergys Platinday or how to reach 500 Platins in 24 hours

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

On 4.1.2022 at 7:13 PM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

@Evil_Joker88

Well so far all Soulsborne Games are planned as a Milestone. :D1f3c6.png

@westersburg

Thanks a lot! I would be very happy if you also open a thread for your project, especially because you prepare just good games, instead all the Trash which I have mostly prepared so far. :D

BTW i really enjoyed your last trophy update Video, as always! :)

@ellileon
Nice, 125 Games in 24 hours is an awesome Number! How many days did you take to plan everything beforehand? Like the Order of the Games or to check all patches again?

Yeah, i can't wait to play Hyper Light Drifter, Furi or Pier Solar. 1f60a.png

About my tattoos, unfortunately my entire sleeve is not finished yet, due to Covid. But I can upload photos of the individual Designs. Everything is based on old gangster Movies from the 80s and 90s:

Pulp Fiction

Reveal hidden contents

muuhB7Xl.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a good photo of "Jules and Vincent" part, but that finished the forearm.

Goodfellas

Reveal hidden contents

MdDObCml.jpg

Scarface

Reveal hidden contents

5xrHZprl.jpg

True Romance

Reveal hidden contents

QItRlFPl.jpg

Léon: The Professional

Reveal hidden contents

5zwQU8il.jpg

The Godfather and Reservoir Dogs

Reveal hidden contents

9SgTTVql.jpg

Well i've also prepared the first Game of the Year:

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

L7058fc.png

Enjoyment: 2,5/5
Difficulty: 2,5/5

Well that was a weird Game. I've finished the Zombi Part a while ago, which I enjoyed actually a lot because of the Setting, but that could also be because I love the 80s. :D

The campaign on the other hand was disappointing, it felt more like Star Wars Battlefront than Call of Duty, also the Veteran playthrough was kinda boring instead of challenging.

Don't get your hopes too high on that one regarding the gameplay :D Campaign ist definitely great. One of the 2 best CoD campaigns of the ps4/ps5 era (together with black ops cold war). Survival is kinda lame and you can skip on multiplayer if you don't want to

Btw, for the 5 online victories i also had to play with a VPN on japan servers, which was total nonsense..1f643.png

Well maybe i just miss the old "Boots on the Ground" Call of Dutys..lets see how Call of Duty Advanced Warfare turns out. :)

• Like 1

@Evil_Joker88

Well so far all Soulsborne Games are planned as a Milestone. :D?

@westersburg

Thanks a lot! I would be very happy if you also open a thread for your project, especially because you prepare just good games, instead all the Trash which I have mostly prepared so far. :D

BTW i really enjoyed your last trophy update Video, as always! :)

@ellileon
Nice, 125 Games in 24 hours is an awesome Number! How many days did you take to plan everything beforehand? Like the Order of the Games or to check all patches again?

Yeah, i can't wait to play Hyper Light Drifter, Furi or Pier Solar. ?

About my tattoos, unfortunately my entire sleeve is not finished yet, due to Covid. But I can upload photos of the individual Designs. Everything is based on old gangster Movies from the 80s and 90s:

Pulp Fiction

Reveal hidden contents

muuhB7Xl.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a good photo of "Jules and Vincent" part, but that finished the forearm.

Goodfellas

Reveal hidden contents

MdDObCml.jpg

Scarface

Reveal hidden contents

5xrHZprl.jpg

True Romance

Reveal hidden contents

QItRlFPl.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

5zwQU8il.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

9SgTTVql.jpg

Well i've also prepared the first Game of the Year:

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

L7058fc.png

Enjoyment: 2,5/5
Difficulty: 2,5/5

Well that was a weird Game. I've finished the Zombi Part a while ago, which I enjoyed actually a lot because of the Setting, but that could also be because I love the 80s. :D

The campaign on the other hand was disappointing, it felt more like Star Wars Battlefront than Call of Duty, also the Veteran playthrough was kinda boring instead of challenging.

Btw, for the 5 online victories i also had to play with a VPN on japan servers, which was total nonsense..?

Well maybe i just miss the old "Boots on the Ground" Call of Dutys..lets see how Call of Duty Advanced Warfare turns out. :)

Thanks. It definitely took me about 1 week to check everthing. My project took about nearly 10 years. So there was many games were my savegames was screwd and i had to prepare the last trophy again :D

• Like 2

On 6.1.2022 at 2:19 PM, ellileon said:

Thanks. It definitely took me about 1 week to check everthing. My project took about nearly 10 years. So there was many games were my savegames was screwd and i had to prepare the last trophy again :D

That sounds horrible. My preparation took 1-2 weeks actually, but at least i didn't lose anything and i didn't mess up anything badly. Just took a while to check every single game again, measure the time it takes to reach the platinum, make excelsheets and schedules, stream preparations etc.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, westersburg said:

That sounds horrible. My preparation took 1-2 weeks actually, but at least i didn't lose anything and i didn't mess up anything badly. Just took a while to check every single game again, measure the time it takes to reach the platinum, make excelsheets and schedules, stream preparations etc.

Yeah that was really horrible. A few games on my Ps3 didn't had an savegame anymore. I didn't know were they are gone. In case of Uncharted 2 i had to do the half game again to get the last trophy collectible. That was the last game i finished on my rain day :D

Edited by ellileon

Pulp Fiction

Hide contents

muuhB7Xl.jpg

Goodfellas

Hide contents

MdDObCml.jpg

Scarface

Hide contents

5xrHZprl.jpg

True Romance

Hide contents

QItRlFPl.jpg

Hide contents

5zwQU8il.jpg

Hide contents

9SgTTVql.jpg

There is a Tattoo of one movie which I've never heard of "True Romance". Added it to my watchlist and your tattoos look sick man!

1 hour ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I've alos bought a bunch of new Games:

- South Park: The Fractured But Whole

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

- Death Stranding

- Skater XL EU and US Stack

Except of "Skater XL" all of them are great games!

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

@ShadyWARcotix

True romance is a classic from the early 90s, still one of my favorites! Story is written by Quentin Tarantino, but it was over 500 Pages long, so it was splitted in two movies, true romance and natural born killers.

I still love this movie after all these years, i think its time for a rewatch. :D

Yeah, i bought skater XL, because its a UR plat and it got some similarities to the old skate Games.

Btw, i got the other 3 Games for 10€ each, so i had to take them with me ???

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Plus, there is a scene between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken, that has to rank as one of the great Hollywood scenes of all time!

“Could I have one of those chesterfields now?” 

If this is the scene you’re talking about, which I’m pretty sure it is, man, it’s pure brilliance. Now I’m in the mood to rewatch this!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eqill5 said:

“Could I have one of those chesterfields now?” 

If this is the scene you’re talking about, which I’m pretty sure it is, man, it’s pure brilliance. Now I’m in the mood to rewatch this!

Now tell me something… am I lying?”

Man… it’s just so good!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on even more prepared games! Your platinum day is going to be a wild ride, I'm sure about that :D

Feeling flattered about your co-op wish, I must admit that Badland is pretty tough at times. May I suggest that you tackle "Double Trouble" and we decide about the co-op afterwards? From my point of view, that's quite a nasty trophy whereas for example "Big Night for us" was no big deal at all, despite the rarity :)

• Like 2

Right on man, tackling the Slime-San beast I see ? I think all of your SMB training will help out there! Def not nearly as challenging since there aren't any no death runs, but some of those levels are tough ? Nothing you can't handle tho! Just shoot me a message if you get stuck and I'm glad to help out if I can!

Looking forward to the big day tho ?

• Like 3

On 2/5/2022 at 6:00 PM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I've also bought Maneater for the PS4 and Slime-San aswell, on the recommendation of @Joe Dubz.

Nice, I also got that one as it looks fun. Seems to be quite the long game though, I hope it doesn't overstay its welcome! The only platformer I didn't mind being really long was The End is Nigh, and that only because the game is just so freaking good that I couldn't get enough of it ?

BADLAND is also back on the Wishlist, because of the recently published Guide, now i just need to convince @Bizzy_Montana_ to do the Couch Coop with me. :D

On 2/6/2022 at 9:07 AM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Feeling flattered about your co-op wish, I must admit that Badland is pretty tough at times. May I suggest that you tackle "Double Trouble" and we decide about the co-op afterwards? From my point of view, that's quite a nasty trophy whereas for example "Big Night for us" was no big deal at all, despite the rarity :)

Without wanting to sound mean towards the guide writers... The guide doesn't really go into too much detail and I think that it won't help you at all. The tough part about this game are some specific missions where you really need to 

1. Play well
  2. Learn which powerups you need to avoid for your specific goal

They don't include any of that in the guide, but just link to some YT playlists instead. You can just follow those playlists on your own. 

And I agree with @Bizzy_Montana_ ? "Double Trouble" was a bit of a pain since if you mess up you need to play the entire level from the start, though luckily it didn't take too long. In contrast, I did "Big Night for Us" solo with two controlers in no time at all. The coop misc trophies are really weirdly chosen. 

@Bizzy_Montana_ I recently did this one, I will put my video below. There is a power-up at the 50s mark that you can skip, which makes every attempt longer, but overall much easier. I found it key to skip that one (I hope you don't mind @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y... I tried to put it in spoiler tags but it bugged out and the spoiler wouldn't open... :()

And don't forget the Impossible Power-Up! I have attempted to get it solo for 1.5 hours so far and I only had one single attempt that was really close...

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

Thank you so much @Arcesius for sharing your video and congratulations on getting "Double Trouble"! 

I'll get back to the game one day and give it another go, until now I did it the way that I was loading a later checkpoint in the level via the ps+ cloud save, but the clones have been too large. Your approach does, as you've stated, take a bit longer, but I've been failing for hours on end so changing the method makes sense :)

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
  • Like 1

On 8.2.2022 at 9:22 AM, Arcesius said:

Nice, I also got that one as it looks fun. Seems to be quite the long game though, I hope it doesn't overstay its welcome! The only platformer I didn't mind being really long was The End is Nigh, and that only because the game is just so freaking good that I couldn't get enough of it 1f605.png

Without wanting to sound mean towards the guide writers... The guide doesn't really go into too much detail and I think that it won't help you at all. The tough part about this game are some specific missions where you really need to 

1. Play well
  2. Learn which powerups you need to avoid for your specific goal

They don't include any of that in the guide, but just link to some YT playlists instead. You can just follow those playlists on your own. 

And I agree with @Bizzy_Montana_ 1f602.png "Double Trouble" was a bit of a pain since if you mess up you need to play the entire level from the start, though luckily it didn't take too long. In contrast, I did "Big Night for Us" solo with two controlers in no time at all. The coop misc trophies are really weirdly chosen. 

@Bizzy_Montana_ I recently did this one, I will put my video below. There is a power-up at the 50s mark that you can skip, which makes every attempt longer, but overall much easier. I found it key to skip that one (I hope you don't mind @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y... I tried to put it in spoiler tags but it bugged out and the spoiler wouldn't open... :()

And don't forget the Impossible Power-Up! I have attempted to get it solo for 1.5 hours so far and I only had one single attempt that was really close...

Thanks a lot for your Input, anything that helps convince @Bizzy_Montana_ to play the coop part with me is welcome! :D

Actually i already bought the Game, i will try my best with "Double Trouble". Thanks for the Heads up, to use the playlist besides the Guides aswell. :)

279 & 280 Call of Duty Advanced Warfare ( PS3 & PS4 Stack)

L975ee4.png

Enjoyment: 2,5 / 5
Difficulty: 2 / 5

Well the next entry of the Call of Duty Franchise is done.

I even preordered this Game back in the Days and i can still remeber how disappointed i was. The Multiplayer Part was so bad..me and my Friends had to play anthoer year of Black Ops 2, this Game was also the Reason i lost almost all my Interest in the Multiplayer Part of the Call of Duty Series. Compared to Infinite Warfare i liked the Story more here, but on the other Hand the Zombie Mode in IW is way better. In the End i still prefer the normal "Boots on the Ground" CODs. I still own the Season Pass, but at the moment i'm not in the mood to clear the DLC's, maybe i will do that later.

I've started Call of Duty Ghosts a few Days ago, actually i still had my old copy, so far its alright. The Veteran Difficulty is really doable here.

I just need to find some People to do the Extincion Part with me. :)

Games bought recently:

- Badland

- Call of Duty Ghosts (PS4)

- Skyrim (PS4)

- 1 secret Game from Japan (especially for @Arcesius) i hope it will arrive in the next Month and i don't have to pay a Tax for importing it. ?

I've also bought around 40-50 new Movies, but thats another Story.. :D

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good god! That's going to be a speed run marathon even if you are just dinging off the last trophy in every game! Good luck to you! *salutes*

EDIT: I am going to try to do a crossover Pokemon challenge like this and set up a day in 2024 where I can pop 151 platinums in one day and try to avoid games that have a fast completion time. There are a lot of games I want to start but I am worried about grinding them, this might motivate me to do so. ;) 😼

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

@ProfSeajay7 the pokemon challenge idea sounds really dope🙌🏻

Thanks! I really like shiny hunting. My first in this challenge was a shiny Eevee(due to the massive mass outbreaks of Eevee last week due to their holiday, Eevee Week) and I decided to dedicate EvoLand to it because they both reference evolution. (Just started the second part of the game, EvoLand 2, but I'm not gonna make it to Thanksgiving due to FFXIV and other important games).

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 3:05 PM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I'll try to Update this Thread in the next days or weeks..i was kinda burned out from gaming in the beginning of the year, but slowly got back.. i bought a lot more games and movies, got more tattoos, i moved in with my girlfriend and also prepared a few more Games😅

My last Update is from May 2022, goddammit i'm a lazy ass..🙃

@ProfSeajay7 the pokemon challenge idea sounds really dope🙌🏻

I don't care how long this takes but you must finish this epic undertaking for.... Science! 😜

• Like 1

My attempt at this challenge is almost dead in the water. I blame Yoshida Naoki for his amazing MMO because I had to rush to the end of the story, meaning I took weeks to get there. I was lucky I got the final boss on the 28th of November because hot damn this story is a train wreck in a good way. :D

I was also working on RetroAchievements, an emulator that gives achievements for old games. I just finished up Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure and it took me days, even with turbo mode, to get all 61 achievements. And now that Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince is out and soon to be in my hands(I asked my parents to pay for the pre-order as their birthday present to me so I have to wait until the 6th), I might have less time to play PS4 games. :(

I decided to retool my attempt and drop the whole shiny hunting things. I like Shiny Pokemon but with the new DLC for Scarlet and Violet coming out and spoilers abounding on Youtube, I can't afford to waste time doing anything by training up a new team suited for double battles, so even more time needs to be scheduled.

Also, I started with the most difficult(for me) of easy games, EvoLand: Legendary Edition. I completed the first game in the collection but EvoLand 2 is going to be very slow and time-consuming due to the constant game genre shifts and mazes I have to navigate. But I'll get it to 99% eventually. In the meantime, I will try to find other games to start off on. Now that the two games that glitched their trophies are platinumed, I don't have those hanging over my head. ;)

You are crazy inspiring, Synergy, already at 296/500 games and still going! I need to step it up.

• Like 1