[Expired] 22/1/22 Daily Challenge glitched

Breakingthegreen

7 minutes ago, bratMario said:

How to change character? When I'm entering the challenge with princess then inside of challenge level suddenly GLOBOX appears. My friend can't get 515. 99m, he can't change character. Help me/him if you can PLEASE. 

What worked for me was I went in as the princess and noted which character the game was using for the challenge. I then switched to that character and went back into the challenge, and the game then changed it to the princess I was using earlier.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

It says I'm still on my way to winning a diamond cup. You don't get it awarded until the challenge ends, which is in just over 6 and a half hours from this post.

Ah thanks, I haven't played it for a few years so wasn't sure.

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

Assuming I could track down a copy of this game today, would it be possible to do this straight away? As in, are the necessary characters available immediately on starting the game?

Yes you can, You can just go back to the main menu and then jump into the challenges. I had to re-install it and I didn't bother backing up my save so I did it from a fresh install.

Edited by DeejBruce
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Assuming I could track down a copy of this game today, would it be possible to do this straight away? As in, are the necessary characters available immediately on starting the game?

You might need to play a level or 2 to get access to the level that unlocks Barbara, the first princess, but the daily challenge is available from the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

What worked for me was I went in as the princess and noted which character the game was using for the challenge. I then switched to that character and went back into the challenge, and the game then changed it to the princess I was using earlier.

BIG THANKS. 

My friend's is going for DIAMOND CUP now too. I'm very glad you are here making great and helpful community and I'm proud i'm little part of it (although still flagged, but never mind). GOOD LUCK for ALL with that SHINE ONe CRAZY DIAMOND (cup) 

• Like 1

Just now, leandroxpto said:

Can someone please explain me why this is usefull? Never played the game and it seems like a big deal. 

So I know if I should start it ?

You need a diamond cup in challenges for a trophy in the game, you can only get the cup if you reach the top 0.5% of scores of a challenge, so with the current userbase, #1.

However at the moment everyone can only get a maximum score cuz of a glitch, so everyone will draw in first place and get a diamond cup, and therefore a trophy that is otherwise impossible.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

Can someone please explain me why this is usefull? Never played the game and it seems like a big deal. 

So I know if I should start it 1f601.png

Vita version has a low player base, and a lot of the players still playing get almost impossibly high scores on the challenges. You need a diamond cup for a trophy in the vita version (such a trophy is not present in the PS3 or PS4 versions). Diamond cups are only awarded to the top 1% of players after a challenge. There are only around 200-300 players playing the vita version just now, so that means only 2 or 3 players will get a diamond cup, and those are usually out of reach to your average player, so a glitch challenge like this one is basically the only way the vast majority will ever be able to get a diamond cup.

Not only that, it's a low score to get as previous glitched ones (with exception to the one that happened last month) required a distance of over 4,000m, which wasn't even achievable for your average player without a lot of practice and many attempts. This distance you should be able to get in 1 or 2 tries.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

Thank you guys! For the info. Gonna try to start the game now and do it. 

Just so you know, the challenge is due to end at midnight UTC, which is in less than 3 and a half hours from now. Should still be plenty of time though, but I would get it done ASAP.

Edited by Stevieboy

47 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Just so you know, the challenge is due to end at midnight UTC, which is in less than 3 and a half hours from now. Should still be plenty of time though, but I would get it done ASAP.

How often do these challenges glitch? I won’t be able to get to it today unfortunately but hopefully I can acquire the game and be ready for the next one

8 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

How often do these challenges glitch? I won’t be able to get to it today unfortunately but hopefully I can acquire the game and be ready for the next one

Very rarely. It's almost unprecedented that there was one last month and another one this month. Usually you have to wait years for them to appear.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevieboy said:

Very rarely. It's almost unprecedented that there was one last month and another one this month. Usually you have to wait years for them to appear.

oh god :(.

Edited by Lordguwa

10 minutes ago, Lordguwa said:

oh god :(.

ok, years was a bit of an exaggeration, but there's no guarantee there will be another one soon (or even ever). Especially one with a low and very achievable distance requirement. It's best not to sleep on these when they happen. Not only for the diamond cup trophy, but also for the 50 points that helps towards getting Awesomeness level 11.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

Years is not really an exageration : the time between the last one in december and the previous one was more than 2 years... In average you meet one (talking only about low distance glitch) every 10 months. But the servers for this game won't be alive forever now. 

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 2