Best TV for PS5?

Cassio_Legend

1 hour ago, TuomasH92 said:

You can get a great OLED tv with just a grand.

4 grand TV would be probably for a rich person who doesn't even know anything about TV's and buy it only because it was the most expensive on the store lol

The thing with TV's is they aren't long term investments. As the technology constantly gets better every year, you'll need to keep updating your TV's every 3 years or so if you want the most modern, best quality. OLED's may be the thing now but they'll probably be something better a few years from now. Modern TV's don't last either, you're lucky if you get 5 years out of one if it's used everyday before something needs to be repaired on it if you do plan on keeping it long term. And by that time it's outdated anyway so you may as well just get a new one. So that 'just a grand' mindset turns into 'just a grand' every few years which turns into a lot of money over time for just TV's. I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather spend a grand on and would be better investments than a TV. 

Most budget models offer great quality for less than half that price. May not be the best available quality, but good enough to satisfy most peoples desire in what they want in a TV. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

The thing with TV's is they aren't long term investments. As the technology constantly gets better every year, you'll need to keep updating your TV's every 3 years or so if you want the most modern, best quality. OLED's may be the thing now but they'll probably be something better a few years from now. Modern TV's don't last either, you're lucky if you get 5 years out of one if it's used everyday before something needs to be repaired on it if you do plan on keeping it long term. And by that time it's outdated anyway so you may as well just get a new one. So that 'just a grand' mindset turns into 'just a grand' every few years which turns into a lot of money over time for just TV's. I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather spend a grand on and would be better investments than a TV. 

Most budget models offer great quality for less than half that price. May not be the best available quality, but good enough to satisfy most peoples desire in what they want in a TV. 

That "just" word was my typo because i wasn't sober ?, but i only meant that you don't have to spend 4k to get a top quality tv spec wise.

To me it's worth the money to invest a grand or so on a good quality TV if it lasts atleast 5 years and i don't think LG C1 for example will be outdated on a PS5 era.

Idk how durable LG/OLED technology is, but some tv models last a long time, like i have 12 years old Samsung and 8 yr old Philips tv's on the bedrooms.

But yeah i get your point, and these things are ofc a matter of personal preferences.

Edited by TuomasH92

On 5/29/2022 at 1:18 AM, puckelberry said:

I've got a Samsung Q-LED and its perfect, also doesnt have the risk of afterburned images since I game a lot

I'm thinking on looking into Samsung. Is it stuck in Game mode? And is it HDMI 2.1?

I'm also thinking on leaving the Sony 9000H on the curb and not looking back at Sony's choices.

I will always recommend the LG OLEDs to people. You just can't go wrong with them. I've been rocking the CX since the PS5s launch and it's been absolutely amazing not just for gaming but for watching movies and stuff too. Fantastic picture quality, brilliant accurate colours, great build quality, fairly affordable price for what you're getting, and it has every feature you need for the generation too with HDMI 2.1, VRR and ALLM. You don't need to spend anymore than like 1500 if you go for the 55", and they regularly go on sale for a grand or even less if you wait a while. You don't need to go crazy or upgrade every couple of years, just invest the little bit extra now on a quality screen and you'll be sorted for the next 7 years at least.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I don't think it has HDMI 2.1 / 120hz

It was advertised to me as a gaming TV. It’s 2021 model aswell so should have everything you need.. I may be wrong but I hope not. I’m looking for a TV too because mine was smashed during delivery. And they’ve been out of stock since (49” is too big I want a 43”)

I’ve upgraded my TV at the end of last year. I got a SONY Bravia XR-65A90J. I absolutely love it. It might not have as many HDMI2.1 ports as some other TV’s but I’m basically using the PS5 only on it so no need for those extra ports, but that’s my personal preference. I went from a 49” Sony Bravia without HDR to this and ofcourse the difference in image quality is huge!

In the end it all depends on what you want in a TV and what your budget is. 

https://electronics.sony.com/tv-video/televisions/oled/p/xr65a90j

Edited by neospoon

11 hours ago, FocusDR said:

It was advertised to me as a gaming TV. It’s 2021 model aswell so should have everything you need.. I may be wrong but I hope not. I’m looking for a TV too because mine was smashed during delivery. And they’ve been out of stock since (49” is too big I want a 43”)

That's horrible but I think pretty common sadly. The TV of yours probably supports VRR/ALLM

And also, I've given up on 120hz TV and realized that I don't really notice or care that much. Playing 60hz on my 120hz tv is fine tbh.

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

That's horrible but I think pretty common sadly. The TV of yours probably supports VRR/ALLM

And also, I've given up on 120hz TV and realized that I don't really notice or care that much. Playing 60hz on my 120hz tv is fine tbh.

It’s definitely common when the courier is Hermes. Fucking cowboys! Couldn’t even deliver an email. 
The world of TVs is a minefield, good luck with your search. Put a comment on here if you do decide on a new one 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 7:31 PM, Z1MZUM said:

I'm thinking on looking into Samsung. Is it stuck in Game mode? And is it HDMI 2.1?

I'm also thinking on leaving the Sony 9000H on the curb and not looking back at Sony's choices.

One of the HDMI ports is 2.1, I usually keep it in game mode on the PS5 but thats because I'm lazy and it looks great on game mode but if you want you can switch that off and tweak all the settings including reactivating only certain aspects of game mode

Personally I love samsungs products so after getting the QLED I paired it with the sound bar and bask in the pure audiovisual feast.

The only negative is that it has a feature which displays ads in the menu which you can turn off but takes a bit of looking to find the right option

• 1 month later...