Drive 50,000km

Anke

Right now it's a 500 hour achievement. If you do 50 lap races on the Magdalena track you can cover about 27km every 15 min. It's been out longer on Xbox so a user on the True Achievements site said doing this method repeatedly it would be 1851 races and 463 hours. Hopefully the developers reconsider and nerf it because these types of trophies are a huge turn off.

• Like 1

the thing about Grid that made it bad was the fact the races were around very slow tracks with a lot of curves and stuff that made you judge breaking and speed.  So it would have taken forever to actually get the 24,000 miles in actual races.  Therefore you were forced to drive e around a oval track solo for hours.  I'm not sure what this game is or if it's even the same thing.  i will say there is no way n hell i'm driving around any track in any racing game 50,000km that is more than two trips around the world.  No thanks!

33 minutes ago, Dantares24 said:

Right now it's a 500 hour achievement. If you do 50 lap races on the Magdalena track you can cover about 27km every 15 min. It's been out longer on Xbox so a user on the True Achievements site said doing this method repeatedly it would be 1851 races and 463 hours. Hopefully the developers reconsider and nerf it because these types of trophies are a huge turn off.

It *might* be possible to AFK it. I've never played the game, but that would help people in some way, even if it is a 500 hour grind.

What a shame. Saw the trailer today, looks like a fun game, would probably be a fun platinum too if it didn't force such a huge grind.

What are devs thinking? Trophy hunting is becoming mainstream, I'm pretty sure a more reasonable trophy list would benefit sales.

It's especially ridiculous to find these trophies on an indie game.

How many players are gonna play this for so long, even with online multiplayer?

This ain't no Gran Turismo goddamnit!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

What a shame. Saw the trailer today, looks like a fun game, would probably be a fun platinum too if it didn't force such a huge grind.

What are devs thinking? Trophy hunting is becoming mainstream, I'm pretty sure a more reasonable trophy list would benefit sales.

Exactly the same boat. I saw the trophy list pop up, looked interesting, went and looked at the trailer, and I’m like, yep, this looks good.

Then I read this and it’s an automatic nope. These types of trophies need to be achievable through normal progression, not something that requires hundreds of hours of unnecessary grinding after finishing absolutely everything else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dantares24 said:

Thanks for that. Although I can't see them reconsidering as there are other trophies building up to this total at 5,000 and 10,000. Maybe if they did 25,000 but that's still 250 hours worth.

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I still can't fathom what goes through developers minds when they put in trophies like this, do they honestly think their game is going to be played for 500 hours? 

Agreed too it does lose them sales. Only trophy hunters will look at these trophies, and the majority will be put off buying it from this trophy.

Edited by Anke

8 hours ago, HeBlowsGoats said:

One of the devs (Or the dev, not sure if this is a solo project) has posted on Reddit about the game's release.

I've posed the question about the trophy requirements, they've been pretty responsive so maybe they'll see this and chip in!

It appears it's now been removed by the mods, looks like it was full of fake comments and reviews.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 6:57 PM, StygianWolf4 said:

r/gaming mods remove a lot of things though.

I saw the post when it was up. There were a few genuine comments, but they were outnumbered by several variations of "this looks great, I'll give it a go" or "awesome game, just bought it on Steam!" that look suspicious.

28 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I saw the post when it was up. There were a few genuine comments, but they were outnumbered by several variations of "this looks great, I'll give it a go" or "awesome game, just bought it on Steam!" that look suspicious.

Yeah, you're right there. I didn't see the post itself, so I didn't really know, but yeah, I guess it looks spammy in that case

1 hour ago, barra333 said:

59 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Yeah, you're right there. I didn't see the post itself, so I didn't really know, but yeah, I guess it looks spammy in that case

I saw a new thread appear on a PS subreddit and it was pretty much the same, just endless "I must buy this" and "this looks great" posts. Most of these posts got replies but the couple I saw that mentioned the trophy didn't get any. I posted once but it was downvoted.

Edited by Anke