Very stuck on True Final Millennium Tower...

mike_87

whats with this bullshit the computer players play so unfairly and ive maxed my party on their jobs and level to 99 and im still getting my ass kicked and its so fast paced anyone got any other ideas for this? I did exactly what was advised but just isnt working out for me.  Maybe if someone could guide me and shake up my stats a bit more to get the best possible chance to plat the game but as far as im concerned ive raised my party enough.  The first two enemies at the start for instance are terrible!

Do you have all their Jobs at level 99 or just some? You can get by with only some of them being 99 but when I did it I made sure all the other Jobs were at least 50-60. Even then though, you're still going to get knocked around a lot but I think the best way to approach it is as long as Ichiban is still up then you can pull through it. I will link what I said in a previous thread about it but I'm sure there is other advice in the thread that would be more helpful. Ultimately I think it just comes down to attrition so you want to come in with a lot of HP and MP restoring items as well as items that can revive downed party members.

I've done it once on PS5, I'm about to do it again on PS4. The computer doesn't 'play unfairly' it's pretty open from the offset that it's not messing around with this one. You just need to make sure you're prepared. Equip sacrifice stones on Ichiban and use peerless resolve, have either Eri or Saeko as an Idol andm heal every turn. Make sure you have a full stock of premium first aid kits, and all the bolus's (shop in chinatown sells them). 

Have all of your party's weapons at Ex + at least 1 and practice perfect guard. It's a pain but doable.

6 minutes ago, Artty44 said:

Have all of your party's weapons at Ex + at least 1 and practice perfect guard. It's a pain but doable.

This is a big mislead I have read  many times. You absolutely don't need any weapons upgrades since you should be attacking with only magic at this stage anyway. Only armor and stats matter. Grind only needed jobs - the ones which help with needed stats. I had quite a grind and finished it without much problems with 2 deaths on the way. First floor and last boss. That is not hard if you have decent healer and use magic all the time. Don't listen to people advising to upgrade weapons - this is a waste of time

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vanslayder said:

This is a big mislead I have read  many times. You absolutely don't need any weapons upgrades since you should be attacking with only magic at this stage anyway. Only armor and stats matter. Grind only needed jobs - the ones which help with needed stats. I had quite a grind and finished it without much problems with 2 deaths on the way. First floor and last boss. That is not hard if you have decent healer and use magic all the time. Don't listen to people advising to upgrade weapons - this is a waste of time

It isn't a mislead and certainly isn't a 'big' one, I didn't say EX+8 I just said EX which a) served me well and b )is recommended in most of the guides I've seen and it certainly didn't hurt. 

You say only armo(u)r and stats matter.....what do the EX weapons boost?.....stats!...every level of EX weaponry adds +9/10 to magic so if you're using magic as you say then it does actually help (though it's not essential). It's hardly an imposition to get a weapon to EX level and certainly wouldn't do any harm in the long run.

That said, many ways to skin a cat etc, I had all the weapons at EX+ at least 3 just because I wanted to and it worked for me so that's what I put, something else worked for you? great. Maybe state what magic you used to help OP as magic is a fairly broad term for this game.

Edited by Artty44
  • Like 3

THAnks for the replies, currently i am working on maxing my weapons for my main party, they are level 99 and their assigned job roles are lvl 99 too, not too sure how many of the ‘other’ jobs i have at 99. I think the next important thing is ensuring they all have the best possible defensive gear so where can i get that? Maybe one of you would like to shareplay me and indicate where im going wrong

12 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

I think the next important thing is ensuring they all have the best possible defensive gear so where can i get that?

Dragon Boots and Dragon Kinugasa from battle arena are perfectly fine for the job. 

My setup was: Ichiban Hero 99 Legendary Bat EX +5; Bracelet of the Four Gods; Eye of the Dragon(swapped it for a Sacrificial Stone at the last fight);

Han Joon-Gi Host 99 Snow Sapphire Wine EX +5; Courage Pendant; War God's Keystone

Zhao Gangster 99 Curved Crystal Saber EX +4; Courage Pendant; War God's Keystone

Saeko Idol 99 Celestial Microphone EX +2; Courage Pendant; Insulated Innerwear

Make sure all of the boys have Fulminated Forecast(fortune teller skill). I basically spammed that and "Essence of" attacks. Host has cold damage AoE, which works great in some fights. 

My fight with Amon went like this

my current main party are as follows...

Ichiban level 99 hero lvl 99, legendary heros bat ex ex, quixotic helmet and armor and gloves, war gods keystone, eye of the dragon

Adachi level 99 enforcer 99, bulletproof shield, sacred steel helmet, cyber armor, illegal boots, sengoku armor, simple earrings

Saeko level 99 idol 99, bastard soda ex, strange helmet, aberrant jacket, dragon boots, kongo chainmail, chainmail,

han level 99 hitman 99, the black fists+2, suppression helmet, tactical veest, dragon boots, chainmail, bullet of memory.

bEar in mind it is work in progress but any pointers would be appreciated, shareplay me if you want ‘mike_87’, currently working on the best weapons 

You can bypass the first fight with the subjacation-kun's by temporarily equipping the no random encounter accessory (don't remember the name) and changing back to the preferred accessory once on the next floor, there's also 2 fights on higher floors that can be skipped by staying at the edge of the rooms and quickly making it to the doors. Use the romance workshop to get quixotic armour for all 4 who you'll be bringing in, as much hp and mp restoratives as you can carry, I managed to get through with only 2 level 99 jobs for my party with all their other jobs being at 30, fulminating forecast is a must for everyone other than the healer, healer should have some ice damage skill to use every other turn on the rare occasion they don't need to aoe heal, summon mr masochist in the final fight once the other 3 are summoned, focus down majima first since he can paralyse your team, good luck

8 hours ago, Artty44 said:

It isn't a mislead and certainly isn't a 'big' one, I didn't say EX+8 I just said EX which a) served me well and b )is recommended in most of the guides I've seen and it certainly didn't hurt. 

You say only armo(u)r and stats matter.....what do the EX weapons boost?.....stats!...every level of EX weaponry adds +9/10 to magic so if you're using magic as you say then it does actually help (though it's not essential). It's hardly an imposition to get a weapon to EX level and certainly wouldn't do any harm in the long run.

That said, many ways to skin a cat etc, I had all the weapons at EX+ at least 3 just because I wanted to and it worked for me so that's what I put, something else worked for you? great. Maybe state what magic you used to help OP as magic is a fairly broad term for this game.

I can second this, upgrading weapons is very useful, especially since some can have different effects. For instance I believe one of my characters had a weapon that did shock damage which helped with the first two robots.

Honestly it's all about time and patience, knowing what enemies you'll be facing and what their weaknesses are. I got lucky when I won. Also, another note, try to save up as much money as possible. Once you reach the final boss, if you die you can spend money to restart the fight without having to start from the bottom, but I recall it requiring a decent amount.

1 hour ago, PcketMnsterHuntr said:

You can bypass the first fight with the subjacation-kun's by temporarily equipping the no random encounter accessory (don't remember the name) and changing back to the preferred accessory once on the next floor, there's also 2 fights on higher floors that can be skipped by staying at the edge of the rooms and quickly making it to the doors. Use the romance workshop to get quixotic armour for all 4 who you'll be bringing in, as much hp and mp restoratives as you can carry, I managed to get through with only 2 level 99 jobs for my party with all their other jobs being at 30, fulminating forecast is a must for everyone other than the healer, healer should have some ice damage skill to use every other turn on the rare occasion they don't need to aoe heal, summon mr masochist in the final fight once the other 3 are summoned, focus down majima first since he can paralyse your team, good luck

So it seems like ive definitely got the right idea judging by my set up but I just need to brush up on the equipment a bit is what you are saying?  Some rubbish advice on other sites like reddit too where one guy claimed he got through it by using Nanba who has painfully low HP which of course leaves him open to a one shot every time

57 minutes ago, DeadmanStrife said:

I can second this, upgrading weapons is very useful, especially since some can have different effects. For instance I believe one of my characters had a weapon that did shock damage which helped with the first two robots.

Honestly it's all about time and patience, knowing what enemies you'll be facing and what their weaknesses are. I got lucky when I won. Also, another note, try to save up as much money as possible. Once you reach the final boss, if you die you can spend money to restart the fight without having to start from the bottom, but I recall it requiring a decent amount.

Yeah I am working on the weapon maxing next before adjusting my gear any further

Edited by mike_87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadmanStrife said:

For the money, replay the first 4 stages of the Sotenbori Battle Arena and complete the requirements for the bonus prize on each stage. Doing this takes roughly 5 minutes and you will get the golden insects required to make the Noveau Riche Crown at Romance Workshop. This multiplies the amount of money you make.

You need 2 of each insect so 14 runthroughs (assuming you have no golden insects in your stock)  of the first 4 battles will get you the ingredients for one crown for each character. Took me about an hour and a bit all told. Equip all of these and you will double your money. A single run of the Millenium tower will deliver 55m Yen.

You could also do the last 5 stages of the battle arena (26-30) and complete the bonus requirements. You'll get an electric whip which sells for 1m, a set of Dragon Boots, Dragon Kinagashi and Dragon Helm which sell for 300k each and if you use the poundmate, Megumi, for the 30th battle you will get 4m+ for that battle alone. Noveau Riche crowns on all 7 of the party will deliver 410k each battle for the first 4 battles. This took me 4minutes and 45 seconds to do these 4 battles so you can easily make 8m yen for 5 mins work

Edited by Artty44
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Artty44 said:

For the money, replay the first 4 stages of the Sotenbori Battle Arena and complete the requirements for the bonus prize. Doing this takes roughly 5 minutes and you will get the golden insects required to make the Noveau Riche Crown at Romance Workshop. This multiplies the amount of money you make. Do this 7 times (one for each character) and you will double your money. A single run of the Millenium tower will deliver 55m Yen.

You could also do the last 5 stages of the battle arena (26-30) and complete the bonus requirements. You'll get an electric whip which sells for 1m, a set of Dragon Boots, Dragon Kinagashi and Dragon Helm which sell for 300k each and if you use the poundmate, Megumi, for the 30th battle you will get 4m+ for that battle alone. This took me 4minutes and 45 seconds to do these 4 battles so you can easily make 8m yen for 5 mins work

FIne for money honestly, everything else in the game is done pretty much,

Seems most of you say heavy use of magic is by far the best approach too

Edited by mike_87

2 hours ago, mike_87 said:

FIne for money honestly, everything else in the game is done pretty much,

Seems many of you also say heavy use of magic is by far the best approach too

Just in case anyone else needs the dosh. You can also use the legends poundmates which is helpful in a pinch at 1m each. 

Edited by Artty44

Pleased to report that I have finally platted it this afternoon thanks so much for all your tips and advice!  Took a few attempts but scraped by and just about made it in the end!  I have to say, part of my strategy was that I just believed in myself that I could do it and remained confident i could do so.  My party werent overly special but clearly it was good enough to get me through it.

Edited by mike_87
  • Like 1

On 08/02/2022 at 6:31 PM, mike_87 said:

Pleased to report that I have finally platted it this afternoon thanks so much for all your tips and advice!  Took a few attempts but scraped by and just about made it in the end!  I have to say, part of my strategy was that I just believed in myself that I could do it and remained confident i could do so.  My party werent overly special but clearly it was good enough to get me through it.

Good job! I just platted it for the 2nd time....I loved it first time around but somehow enjoyed it even more on second run. 

In the end my party was Ichiban as Hero, Zhao as Gangster (didn't use him much on first plat), Eri as Clerk and Saeko as idol. All at lvl 99 and 99 for their main jobs and around 25-30 for 3 or 4 others. I maxed out Ichibans weapon to EX EX level and the other 3 party members had ex +4 and EX +6 which probably wasn't totally necessary but it didn't hurt. They all had ice spreader from the host/hostess job, fire magic from the foreman/night queen jobs and fulminating forecast from the Fortune teller job for the men with Ichiban also having Orbital laser. Ichiban also had hero's embrace as a backup cure all in case Saeko was incapacitated and couldn't use Magical Concert.

The main trick I found to the last fight is having courage pendants equipped to protect from the fear caused by Malicious Grin (and preferably something to protect against paralysis) and summoning Mr Masochist after Amon goes into beast mode and uses malicious grin, he uses orbital laser on the next turn and Masochist allows you to tank it. Once you survive that bit you can poundmate the group (don't use Kiryu's) to take them down quickly after that and use group blunt attacks such as Essence of Ladder acrobatics (Zhao) and Essence of Telephone Nunchaku (Eri). Once you're down to Kiryu you can just Ice Spreader him to death. He doesn't hit that hard and won't hit women so Eri and Saeko are free to heal the group if necessary. 

• 6 months later...

A lot of unnecessary grind being suggested here. Fully agree with @vanslayder. Just did it first try with this set up:

1. No upgraded or even crafted weapons/armor. Just gear from stores and what you pick up in story dungeons.

2. Only primary job to 99 and just some jobs to 30. Kasuga, Nanba, Zhao, Joon-gi lv99 in their main jobs. Saeko lv99 idol, Adachi lv99 enforcer. Eri doesn't matter, you don't need her. Kasuga, Zhao, Joon-gi lv 30 in all other attack jobs. Nanba lv30 in all other magic jobs. Saeko lv30 in all other jobs since there aren't many female jobs.

3. Edit your party before each fight to be able to attack enemy weaknesses. I used this guide for reference. This also points out which fights you can skip. However, this guide suggests not to use Nanba, which is absurd as Nanba is probably the most useful attacker for the tower.

4. General strategy for basically every fight:

- Kasuga uses Peerless Resolve. If you need some extra electric damage and/or about to hit a heal point, use laser. Otherwise can primarily defend. Select few fights Kasuga will full heal everyone every turn when you need Saeko to use water attacks.

- Saeko full heals everyone every turn. Or regular attack to restore MP if everyone is good. Select few fights, like Kiryu, use water attack.

- Nanba lays waste to every enemy with fire/water/electric attacks.

- 4th party member also attacks enemy weakness. This is why Adachi is enforcer, so he has electric attacks.

- You should not need to use any items, except maybe on the last fight to heal status effect and maybe to restore MP since it's a long one.

• Like 1

For me two things that helped me tremendously were just Peerless resolve every fight by Ichi and tip to use Masochist summon during Amon fight to counter laser attack which usually wiped my whole team or most of them and I didn't have enough turns to get them back on their feet. Also, Saeko spamming healing even if you think you might not need it. 

I beat it with Ichiban, Saeko, Joon-gi and Zhao. I was failing miserably because I didn't even notice Peerles Resolve was a thing, that one thing helped alot. I also used alot of items, mainly the best bentos that healed whole team at the same time 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just here providing information for future readers on how I cleared TFMT. I cleared it first try (and pretty easily too) but I did a lot of preparation before hand.

1. Party members included: Ichiban hero, Eri idol, Joon-gi host, Zhao gangster. All lv99 main job and lv30 secondary jobs.
  2. Armor: Fable Hat/Dragon Kinagashi/Dragon Boots for all 4 characters. Accessories: Ichiban - Bracelet of the Four Gods/Sacrifice Stone, Eri - Dragon's Binding x2, Joon-gi - Dragon's binding/Eye of the Dragon, Zhao - Diabolic Wristband/Eye of the Dragon. All weapons were EX+1 except Ichiban who was using EX EX.
  3. If you want to, you can spend time collecting boosters at Sotenbori.
  4. Equip a Hariti's Amulet on one of your other 3 characters to avoid the very first fight.
  5. Bring lots of MP items to use between fights, store some in the storage box too.
  6. None of the fights before Amon were particularly difficult as long as you're hitting weaknesses. Tendo might give you some trouble (Hundred Fists of Asura Poundmate is really effective here) and maybe the fight with the Biker Vanguard, however all 3 enemies in that fight are really squishy so play aggressively.
  7. Spamming Essence's trivializes a lot of the fight, AOE Essence > single target most of the time. Essence of Ladder Acrobatics on Zhao is very powerful.
  8. Use Mr Masochist Poundmate after Amon enter's beast mode.
  9. Have Ichiban use Indomitable Courage after Amon's Grin move as he's the only one wearing the Four Gods, you can get a second one if you go pretty deep on the rescue quest list.

Good luck!

Edited by Piitakii

On 07/02/2022 at 2:01 AM, vanslayder said:

Most underrated comment. Ever.

I got through FMT twice, second being much quicker and pleasant. However, in both cases I spent millions of Yen trying to max out weapons, not knowing, that "DMG" statistic only applies when you attack with the weapon itself. I figured - higher numbers, better overall performance. But it's not. Collecting resources for these upgrades was a mundane task, and I'm not doing that again.

THE IMPORTANT TIPS - Read if you are having problems with FMT

What OP should do is:
- check which jobs are the most effective; If I remember correctly I played as a Hero, Idol (very important healer!), Host (Joon-Gi), and I believe the last one was Magician (Xiao). Some skills these jobs offer, are a MUST-HAVE

- Don't be cheap on Mana, you can always replenish it after a fight (there are also many items that restore, like, 200 Mana and 200 HP to each character. I think it was a bento or sth)

- Check advantages you have in every fight. I remember more than half fights have enemies weak to lightning (magician!), or icy water (host!)

- Always use Peerless Resolve on your first move (Ichiban) - this will grant you I extra life for him, very useful with stronger enemies (and most importantly The Final Assassin)

- Basically spam "heal all" skill with Idol. Shouldn't be a problem if she's on 99lv

- Remember to equip good stuff on your characters. Armor does matter a lot, and it's best to craft the best one in the Workshop. Also, accessories can give you more damage/heal/armor, but it's not that important, and definitely not necessary, as it only gives you, what, 50HP more? It may matter in some cases, but you should be fine even without it

- If you have "anti-fear" accessory WEAR IT. It's important for the last fight

I think this is all. I got through with it after many fails, the main one being the final challenge, but it's doable. On my second time I started to appreciate the music (which is great here, one of the best out there!)

So that's all The Important Tips I have to offer. Maybe I'll come back here if I finish it for the third time, but it won't be soon (not because of difficulty, it's because I don't have time to play the whole game again ;) )

24 minutes ago, PlatinumLeznis said:

Most underrated comment. Ever.

I got through FMT twice, second being much quicker and pleasant. However, in both cases I spent millions of Yen trying to max out weapons, not knowing, that "DMG" statistic only applies when you attack with the weapon itself. I figured - higher numbers, better overall performance. But it's not. Collecting resources for these upgrades was a mundane task, and I'm not doing that again.

THE IMPORTANT TIPS - Read if you are having problems with FMT

What OP should do is:
- check which jobs are the most effective; If I remember correctly I played as a Hero, Idol (very important healer!), Host (Joon-Gi), and I believe the last one was Magician (Xiao). Some skills these jobs offer, are a MUST-HAVE

- Don't be cheap on Mana, you can always replenish it after a fight (there are also many items that restore, like, 200 Mana and 200 HP to each character. I think it was a bento or sth)

- Check advantages you have in every fight. I remember more than half fights have enemies weak to lightning (magician!), or icy water (host!)

- Always use Peerless Resolve on your first move (Ichiban) - this will grant you I extra life for him, very useful with stronger enemies (and most importantly The Final Assassin)

- Basically spam "heal all" skill with Idol. Shouldn't be a problem if she's on 99lv

- Remember to equip good stuff on your characters. Armor does matter a lot, and it's best to craft the best one in the Workshop. Also, accessories can give you more damage/heal/armor, but it's not that important, and definitely not necessary, as it only gives you, what, 50HP more? It may matter in some cases, but you should be fine even without it

- If you have "anti-fear" accessory WEAR IT. It's important for the last fight

I think this is all. I got through with it after many fails, the main one being the final challenge, but it's doable. On my second time I started to appreciate the music (which is great here, one of the best out there!)

So that's all The Important Tips I have to offer. Maybe I'll come back here if I finish it for the third time, but it won't be soon (not because of difficulty, it's because I don't have time to play the whole game again ;) )

Personally I used the dragon set because it resists everything over pure def which you can just make up with class leveling or defence drinks 

Plus the dragon boots give agility for turns where as pure defensive armor does not